• LL
    Voting is live in The LifeStyle Lounge-Animal Photo Contest!
    The poll closes on Dec 1, 2021 at 2:06 AM UTC.
  • It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.

Zoro vs Marco

Who wins?

• Zoro

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Marco

Votes: 37 71.2%

• Total voters
Why?
Also my Nibba.
How do you counter these arguments:

An unnamed attack from Marco made King bleed and that is sumthin Zoro failed to do.

As soon as King and Queen joined forces.
Zoro got curbstomped nigh immediately.
Whereas Marco held his own against the Duo while healing a bunch of folks in the lower floors.

Thoughts ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
Yes I agree that Marco can last much longer in a 1v2 compared to zoro, no denying that.

how does he defeat zoro in a 1v1 though? All zoro has to do is wear down his regeneration with his powerful offensive attacks and then zoro will cut him up once Marco has no more regeneration

Eustathios

Yes I agree that Marco can last much longer in a 1v2 compared to zoro, no denying that.

how does he defeat zoro in a 1v1 though? All zoro has to do is wear down his regeneration with his powerful offensive attacks and then zoro will cut him up once Marco has no more regeneration
Bro, you know I respect you as a fellow Zoro fan but why do you always assume Marco will just stand there and wait for others to burn through his regen in these matchups? :confusedny

Bro, you know I respect you as a fellow Zoro fan but why do you always assume Marco will just stand there and wait for others to burn through his regen in these matchups? :confusedny

haha thank u I respect you also

I donโ€™t think Marco will stand there but zoro is pretty fast

:catflower

what difficulty do you see Marco winning with?

Eustathios

haha thank u I respect you also

I donโ€™t think Marco will stand there but zoro is pretty fast

:catflower

what difficulty do you see Marco winning with?
High diff for now going by King's performance. Depending on how big the Enma powerup is, I could see it being anywhere from a stalemate to high diff for Zoro by the end of the arc.

o0Shinthi0o

That was a surprise attack not even in 1v1 . And Marco did what he did in a 2v1 while doing other stuff passively .nights and day difference

o0Shinthi0o

why does it matter that Marco did that in a 2v1 exactly? Do his attacks become stronger in a 1v1?
No but Kings def sure does ( in a 1v1 situation vs Zoro I mean )

Edit :As for pure 1v1 between Marco & King . If Marco can find opening in 2v1 , then Marco will find way way more opening in 1v1 . It's simple really .
And if it's a Regan race then I believe the one who is taking the beating will run out of juice first

Corax

No but Kings def sure does ( in a 1v1 situation vs Zoro I mean )

Edit :As for pure 1v1 between Marco & King . If Marco can find opening in 2v1 , then Marco will find way way more opening in 1v1 . It's simple really .
And if it's a Regan race then I believe the one who is taking the beating will run out of juice first
Marco will have to come into close combat range each time,since unlike King he has no good ranged attacks. King's wind blades, tempura and machine gun strife are much better than Marco's fireball.

o0Shinthi0o

Marco will have to come into close combat range each time,since unlike King he has no good ranged attacks. King's wind blades, tempura and machine gun strife are much better than Marco's fireball.
if Marco find a way to hit king 2v1 (plus heal some fodder) then in a 1v1 he will for sure find way more oppening

Corax

if Marco find a way to hit king 2v1 (plus heal some fodder) then in a 1v1 he will for sure find way more oppening
He won't even get past dragon twister by feats I think. Yes,he will heal the damage,but unlike King he can't just ignore it. In this case regen is worse than dura,since you need to waste resources,but if you can no sell an attack like King you don't.

o0Shinthi0o

He won't even get past dragon twister by feats I think. Yes,he will heal the damage,but unlike King he can't just ignore it. In this case regen is worse than dura,since you need to waste resources,but if you can no sell an attack like King you don't.
Ok let me ask u this how will Luffy handle DT ?

Shunsuiju

The Orphan of the North
uhh dubious if its even blood
Of course it's blood.
King came out of their extended duel absolutely fine so obviously, Marco couldn't do anything to King's defense either. Marco's blue bird also did nothing, so much for his named attack.
It was not King and Marco's duel. It was Marco against King and Queen, and supporting the alliance. He was also just trying to hold them off, this is a point everyone seems to like to ignore when talking about his offensive prowess.
...its more impressive than drop kicking someone and not breaking that mask.
It's, convenient for the plot. Nothing more.

Zoro

๐Ž๐ง๐ข ๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ
Of course it's blood.

It was not King and Marco's duel. It was Marco against King and Queen, and supporting the alliance. He was also just trying to hold them off, this is a point everyone seems to like to ignore when talking about his offensive prowess.

It's, convenient for the plot. Nothing more.
eh fine, I'll allow you this little thing at least.

and ya gotta stop insulating the tag team so much, the actual tag team barely lasted a few minutes before Queen went at least 30 minutes without fighting Marco with King. Marco holding them off was all he could do, he himself admitted this was tough for him with his breathing ragged after a few clash.

...yeah no. Zoro's lethality/AP is simply higher than Marco.

Shunsuiju

The Orphan of the North

and ya gotta stop insulating the tag team so much, the actual tag team barely lasted a few minutes before Queen went at least 30 minutes without fighting Marco with King. Marco holding them off was all he could do, he himself admitted this was tough for him with his breathing ragged after a few clash.
The tag team was the only reason Marco was defeated.

Unless you think King can defeat a fresh Marco in under an hour.
You're also ignoring the fact that Zoro was using swords to cut the mask off and Marco just kicked King's face with the blunt off his knee. If he used Phoenix Claw he would have cut King's mask off easily.

Maybe after this fight, but for now Marco is stronger.

Zoro

The tag team was the only reason Marco was defeated.

Unless you think King can defeat a fresh Marco in under an hour.

You're also ignoring the fact that Zoro was using swords to cut the mask off and Marco just kicked King's face with the blunt off his knee. If he used Phoenix Claw he would have cut King's mask off easily.

Maybe after this fight, but for now Marco is stronger.
It accelerated his defeat. It was mainly King who was 90% responsible for constantly burning out Marco's regen while fighting him (with his flying squad if they're worth anything). Another thing to note is King has not pulled out his big moves against Marco given the structure of the live floor after seeing the DC that King possesses, which likely indicate King wasn't even going 100% against Marco.

The residual shock of their clash chipped King's mask, it wasn't a direct cut. On the other hand, Marco had a direct hit with his kneecap and it didn't even crack his mask.

eh I disagree. The only thing Marco has over Zoro is mobility and regeneration factor, I doubt his phoenix brand and kicks would even bypass his swords defense.

Kingslayer

Prince of Darkness

Lol

But your usernsme is zoro gonna give this pass.

Shunsuiju

The Orphan of the North
It accelerated his defeat. It was mainly King who was 90% responsible for constantly burning out Marco's regen while fighting him (with his flying squad if they're worth anything). Another thing to note is King has not pulled out his big moves against Marco given the structure of the live floor after seeing the DC that King possesses, which likely indicate King wasn't even going 100% against Marco.
It was solely responsible for his defeat. If Queen was not there he would not have been defeated. Period.

Hey guys, in case you were unaware, these panels were meant to portray Marco's AP as particularly underwhelming:

Spoiler:

The residual shock of their clash chipped King's mask, it wasn't a direct cut. On the other hand, Marco had a direct hit with his kneecap and it didn't even crack his mask.
:facepalmed
eh I disagree. The only thing Marco has over Zoro is mobility and regeneration factor, I doubt his phoenix brand and kicks would even bypass his swords defense.
based on what?

Zoro

It was solely responsible for his defeat. If Queen was not there he would not have been defeated. Period.

Hey guys, in case you were unaware, this panel was made to portray Marco's AP as particularily underwhelming:

Spoiler:
https://scans-hot.[Blocked Domain]/manga/One-Piece/1006-017.png

:facepalmed

based on what?
So Marco was defeated because Queen threw 1 laser at his face? Good to know.

:lufface

based on it not doing anything?

Shunsuiju

The Orphan of the North
With no injuries mentioned.
spitting out blood is not an injury now?

i hardly see how this is even relevant, as it was one attack, and should not have made much of an effect on king assuming they are around the same level.

has zoro caused any injuries to king? i feel like youre grasping for straws at this point.

Gokou08

One who holds the truth
Hmmm hard, for instance:

Marco is not has durable has King but he also has Regen, and I fairly assume he has higher AP than King, losing to him Durability and Endurance, maybe Speed aswell.

The question is how Zoro handles Marco Regen, one thing is to keep damaging slightly someone, but keep the damage on, another is to chop someone's wing and regenerate.

If King has indeed ACoC and uses against Zoro, than Zoro hands down wins against Marco Extreme Diff or lower depending on the fight with King.

For now I'd say it's a toss up imo, two really balanced and equal characters shining on different aspects.
Even Sanji can have a shot of an Extreme fight against Marco If he Mids Queen, although I doubt it.

Top Bottom