• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

you're nitpicking

Keishin

Agreed, easily swap Chad out for both of them. I'd drop Orihime too, since she legit does nothing but stand on the sidelines for majority of the series.
This guy explains Orihime's character arc pretty well.

MarchLochnessMarch

You guys do realize that Aizen was about to level the entire earth of Karakura Town right? Literally craterize the entire place. He was just trying to manipulate Ichigo by feeding him that.
I appreciate the gravity of that, Keishin. That’s not what Aizen said though, and that is exactly my criticism.

Aizen whips out the grand wisdom of "your friends in Hueco Mundo who have all been brutalized and traumatized ten times over in the past 24 hours because of me are still alive, so... you technically can't have a grudge against me."

And Ichigo's just like "shit, he's got a point."
What I’m saying is that the entire mind game elides the fact that Aizen is about to craterize Ichigo’s home. Aizen does the opposite of feeding him that threat; he’s saying “you don’t really have a stake here” because yadda yadda bad writing.

Keishin

I appreciate the gravity of that, Keishin. That’s not what Aizen said though, and that is exactly my criticism.

What I’m saying is that the entire mind game elides the fact that Aizen is about to craterize Ichigo’s home. Aizen does the opposite of feeding him that threat; he’s saying “you don’t really have a stake here” because yadda yadda bad writing.
Yes, as I stated, he's simply trying to manipulate Ichigo. What's so hard to understand?
Aizen wasn't trying to scare him but to make him lower his guard.

MarchLochnessMarch

Yes, as I stated, he's simply trying to manipulate Ichigo. What's so hard to understand?
Okay, this is the last time I’m gonna repeat myself. The substance of how Aizen is trying to manipulate Ichigo makes no sense contextually. He chooses the most nonsensical avenue of getting into his head by insisting he has no reason to hate him. Ichigo has literally every imaginable reason to hate him. An entire mega-arc’s worth of reasons.

Aizen’s argument is literally “I threw your shit into the sea and made you go fetch it, and now I’m about to blow up your house, but you were able to get your shit back after swimming to the bottom of the ocean for it so can you actually be mad at me while I torch your house?”
:smartgoku
Aizen wasn't trying to scare him but to make him lower his guard.

Dude could reach Ichigo and rip his heart out while they maintained eye contact. He didn’t need Ichigo to lower his guard; he was trying to fuck with him. In the stupidest way possible, and it’s silly that it works on Ichigo. That’s what I’ve been criticizing.

Last edited:

Keishin

Okay, this is the last time I’m gonna repeat myself. The substance of how Aizen is trying to manipulate Ichigo makes no sense contextually. He chooses the most nonsensical avenue of getting into his head by insisting he has no reason to hate him. Ichigo has literally every imaginable reason to hate him. An entire mega-arc’s worth of reasons.
It makes perfect sense, if you understand Aizen the slightest he would never miss up on an opportunity to manipulate someone whether it be with his words or actions.

Dude could reach Ichigo and rip his heart out while they maintained eye contact. He didn’t need Ichigo to lower his guard; he was trying to fuck with him. In the stupidest way possible, and it’s silly that it works on Ichigo. That’s what I’ve been criticizing.
Yes I am sure. Aizen was more intrigued in Ichigo than anything. Why would he rip his heart out? He wouldn't after all the shit it took to power Ichigo up and see how strong he can become.

MarchLochnessMarch

It makes perfect sense, if you understand Aizen the slightest he would never miss up on an opportunity to manipulate someone whether it be with his words or actions.

Yes I am sure. Aizen was more intrigued in Ichigo than anything. Why would he rip his heart out? He wouldn't after all the shit it took to power Ichigo up and see how strong he can become.
I swear to god you’re about to give me a stroke. Is this a bit?

Know what — agree to disagree! 🌈 Have a lovely night.

Keishin

I'm thinking you don't know what that word means.

Literally impossible, it is his opinion on her character. This is not me saying he's wrong, just that I have no interest.
Again, reiterating the story isn't an 'opinion'.

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
Again, his analysis of the story and characters therein would be his opinion.

This is why we can read the same series and come to differing conclusions. In the first place, I never claimed Orihime had no character arc.

Keishin

Again, his analysis of the story and characters therein would be his opinion.

This is why we can read the same series and come to differing conclusions. In the first place, I never claimed Orihime had no character arc.
If you come to different conclusion from what's being shown in a panel it usually has to do with lack of reading more than it being subjective.

not an opinion but objective analysis that reveals her character arc
Now you're going a bit too far...

It is, in every literal sense, an opinion video. And he, and everyone really, doesn't necessarily need to watch it to "understand" something about a story/character, unless the video is the damn author himself explaining things.

Lortastic

I like chicken
Speaking of Aizen, kinda hilarious how he spent the entire series getting into the Royal Realm but everyone else managed to get in before him.

WolfusFH

Not sure if it's a nitpick, but the structure of some of the fights, specially in the second half of the TYBW, really annoyed me. A lot of fights were:
Villain: "Look at me and my strong ability", stomps for the whole chapter
Hero: "Oh but I have a new/secret skill to counter that", counter stomps for the whole chapter.
Repeat this for 4 or 5 times, and that's the fight

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan
Not sure if it's a nitpick, but the structure of some of the fights, specially in the second half of the TYBW, really annoyed me. A lot of fights were:
Villain: "Look at me and my strong ability", stomps for the whole chapter
Hero: "Oh but I have a new/secret skill to counter that", counter stomps for the whole chapter.
Repeat this for 4 or 5 times, and that's the fight

TYBW basically became a series of Stand battles with how crazy some of those abilities were.

Ayala

Still don't have the fucking words...
Im annoyed at how Mayuri had an "anti nerve umbrella" with him, or several balls that freeze reishi activity, without knowing what Bambietta and Pernida were about. It's quite ridicolous really, even Kisuke has to study a situation before he comes up with the necessary means to deal with it, you can't go around with an umbrella that blocks nerves without such a threat ever existing before or having been heard of...

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
even Kisuke has to study a situation before he comes up with the necessary means to deal with it
Untrue. Kisuke created antidotes and predicted the end of Askin's fight down to 5 distinct possibilities, all without having even met him before he appeared to help Yoruichi.

Ayala

Untrue. Kisuke created antidotes and predicted the end of Askin's fight down to 5 distinct possibilities, all without having even met him before he appeared to help Yoruichi.

He met Grimmjow before getting there that's how he prepared the antidotes. Mayuri carries an ombrella that defends against fucking nerves, just cause...

Kisuke did meet Grimmjow and probably got the "poison" information from him as well, and later, before he appeared during the Yoruichi fight, the likelyhood of him also been watching from a distance to get even more information is likely.

However, Kisuke would never know about Askin's Gift Ball Deluxe, and even less so about the scenario where Askin's death would amplify it even further and would make him and Grimmjow unable to move, to have Nelliel on the sidelines to save them.

Which still begs the question how Nelliel was able to rescue them since Urahara and Grimmjow had some resistance already and were still not capable of getting away from there themselves.
In the end though, it was still a Mayuri-asspull move/prediction. I still find Mayuri's more offensive... Kisuke at least has all the hype going for him since the very beginning with Aizen and even Yhwack putting him as one of the 5 Special War Powers. And even during the Askin fight, it showed how far Urahara can go, when he mentioned preparing himself for 1000 scenarios, and if even only 1 turns out to be useful, it was all worth it making all those preps, as it's a matter of life or death.

Ayala

Kisuke did meet Grimmjow and probably got the "poison" information from him as well, and later, before he appeared during the Yoruichi fight, the likelyhood of him also been watching from a distance to get even more information is likely.

However, Kisuke would never know about Askin's Gift Ball Deluxe, and even less so about the scenario where Askin's death would amplify it even further and would make him and Grimmjow unable to move, to have Nelliel on the sidelines to save them.

Which still begs the question how Nelliel was able to rescue them since Urahara and Grimmjow had some resistance already and were still not capable of getting away from there themselves.
In the end though, it was still a Mayuri-asspull move/prediction. I still find Mayuri's more offensive... Kisuke at least has all the hype going for him since the very beginning with Aizen and even Yhwack putting him as one of the 5 Special War Powers. And even during the Askin fight, it showed how far Urahara can go, when he mentioned preparing himself for 1000 scenarios, and if even 1 was useful, it was all worth it in a matter of life or death.

Kisuke could have predicted something along the lines of the enemy having an ability that eventually kills them by poison. He knew from Grimmjow about the poison, he guessed another application of it, which ended up being the Gift fortress, and thus had Nelliel which was fresh and from a distance do the transportation after they were finished. Honestly it's not even that absurd, Mayuri had specifically tools for dealing with fucking nerves. How does one one day in the laboratory randomly decide to make tools to deal with nerves? He makes an umbrella that deals with nerves and carries it in battle. It's as bullshit as it can get...

Kisuke could have predicted something along the lines of the enemy having an ability that eventually kills them by poison. He knew from Grimmjow about the poison, he guessed another application of it, which ended up being the Gift fortress, and thus had Nelliel which was fresh and from a distance do the transportation after they were finished. Honestly it's not even that absurd, Mayuri had specifically tools for dealing with fucking nerves. How does one one day in the laboratory randomly decide to make tools to deal with nerves? He makes an umbrella that deals with nerves and carries it in battle. It's as bullshit as it can get...
It's a bit absurd, but again, this was Kisuke. As I said, Mayuri was worse for sure... I really couldn't make that up lol, Mayuri had like everything figured out in that Arc :lmao

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
He met Grimmjow before getting there that's how he prepared the antidotes.
That has nothing on predicting how the fight would end with someone he'd never met before, with abilities he'd never heard of. Nor does it explain how he could create an antidote to a poison he'd never seen before in a few minutes.

Both were capable of extremely unreasonable nonsense all throughout Bleach, Mayuri's got worse by the end but Kisuke's remained ridiculous.

Top Bottom