• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

you're nitpicking

Adamant soul

The Bount arc drags a bit in places.

Amagai having to cut Ichigo's power in half justfor the fight to be competitive, is pretty lame to be honest. I mean it's still one of the best fights in the series and it makes Ichigo look like a total beast but still, Amagai was too good a character to be that weak sauce. :hmpf

Soul Reapers being able to use their Shikai at all during the Zanpaktou rebellion or when their Bankai were stolen doesn't really make sense.

It was awesome to see the whole main cast fight Oko but yeah, none of them should have been able to do anything sans Ichigo.

deltaniner

Primera Espada
Why do the Arrancar with largely European names and attack names with Spanish zanpakuto names... mostly use katanas and other Japanese blades?

Divell

A Walking Jojo Reference
Why do the Arrancar with largely European names and attack names with Spanish zanpakuto names... mostly use katanas and other Japanese blades?
I know right? Why is Hashwalth and Sasakibe the only ones using European blades?

DaftPunk

So Resurreccion is supposed to kind of return a Arrancar back its Hollow roots right? Then was Stark a gun-totting Hollow back then? Since when did Hollows carry weapons?

Divell

A Walking Jojo Reference
So Resurreccion is supposed to kind of return a Arrancar back its Hollow roots right? Then was Stark a gun-totting Hollow back then? Since when did Hollows carry weapons?
imagine if Starrk used to be a quincy.

DaftPunk

I also want to fess up as well that I’ve never been a fan of neither Dangai Ichigo or Mugetsu’s designs. I never thought Ichigo’s hair grown out looked cool and then it only got worse with his Final Getsuga Extentions.

Can’t say I ever liked the Dangai version of Zangetsu either.

Adamant soul

It's a Japanese manga written by a Japanese author who likely has very little knowledge of weaponry outside his own country, that's why.

deltaniner

Primera Espada
It's a Japanese manga written by a Japanese author who likely has very little knowledge of weaponry outside his own country, that's why.
He found the time and fucks to give Sasakibe a rapier instead of a katana because he made him a Westaboo. And where was that little knowledge and creativity when he gave Baraggan a battleaxe and Nnoitra his zanpakuto?

Adamant soul

He found the time and fucks to give Sasakibe a rapier instead of a katana because he made him a Westaboo.
Well that and because he's supposed to be refined and proper, hence giving him the Rapier instead of the Longsword/Arming sword.

The Rapier's one of the most recognizable swords in existence no matter where you're from, and yet the character with the Rapier (purely coincidentally I'm sure) gets to do fuck all but get beat up and die. :maybe
And where was that little knowledge and creativity when he gave Baraggan a battleaxe and Nnoitra his zanpakuto?
Barragan's battle axe is just a super sized version of the typical fantasy double-bladed axe...which he proceeds to make very little use of throughout the fight.

And Nnoitra's base zanpaktou isn't based on any real weapon. His released form does use scythes but again, that's a very well known type of weapon (Japan even had their own equivalent) even among normal people.

I'm sure how you think any of this proves Kubo's weapons knowledge is anything beyond incredibly basic.

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
You're making it sound like everything that's in the manga comes directly from Kubo's mind.

Like any other mangaka in SJ, he has not only editors but also assistants he can delegate his work onto. If he cared enough, he would just ask them to do some research on European weaponry - the same way he probably asked them to get translations for Arrancar abilities or Quincy abilities. Or better yet, hire an assistant that has actual experience drawing European weaponry (just like Go Nagai is sometimes hired to draw military equipment for other mangas).

Mar55

The Darkness Rises
It's more than 5, didn't feel the need to list every user of a sword that isn't a katana. As for a saber? Quilge uses one.

I don't think we ever saw a single Quincy with a wapanese sword, did we?
Their few swords are more varied, there's not one Katana.
What kind of sword was Yhwach
Wiki lists it as a dadao, which it does resemble on some level. That's excluding his generic Reishi broad swords.

Top Bottom