Yoruichi vs. Byakuya

Byakuya or Yoriuichi

  • Yoriuichi's shunko owns!!!!

    Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Senbonzakura slices and dices Yoriuchi!!!!

    Votes: 21 33.3%

  • Total voters
    63
Key to beat Senbonzakura is speed, which Yoruichi is ridicilously good at. Yoruichi takes this match.
 
That was confusing man ya know... Whose ass is going to be handled, by whom?
 
Yourichi is one of the more underated characters in Bleach. Byakuya has no chance against her in her shunko form.

She hadn't trin for over 100 years, obviously making her weaker than she once was. Even after such a long time of not training she is still mid-captian level. People get rusty if they don't train 1 year, so just imagine how rusty Yourichi's gotten.

Even though she didn't train for over 100 years, there is no advantaage her spirtual energy went down. Thus making her shunko every bit as powerful as it was before she ran with Urahara, perhaps even more as she might have gotten more control over it.

Unless Byakuya manages to become Urahara level in this fight, he has no chance.
 
Yoruichi pwns Byakuya. Even if he was able to hit her it wouldn't work because her is surrounded by the Kidou and would repel Senbonzakura.
 
Yoruichi is just too much for Byakuya to handle in her base form. Before he could even say "Chire", he'll have a sword to his throat.
 
I think Byakuya would narrowly take this one. There's only so much shunko could do and it can be shot off only a few times.
 
sylvalant said:
Yoruichi takes this w/out shunkou. Her speed outclasses his by a huge margin if she didn't have to carry ichigo + zangetsu again.

The margin isn't huge. It's miniscule.
 
TheGenius said:
You can't hit what you can't catch so Yorouchi (with the help of Shunko) would win.

Actually, when Byakuya guides the petals with his hands, he can easily catch to something whose speed far outclasses his speed. He already has proven this in Ichigo vs Byakuya fight.
 
Sacred Thunder said:
Actually, when Byakuya guides the petals with his hands, he can easily catch to something whose speed far outclasses his speed.
It's hard to move a hand that was cutted away a second ago. If Yoruichi won't be messing around and go straight to attacking before Senbonzakura scatters Byakuya is screwed. But of 'course it's Shohen so it won't happen.
 
Sacred Thunder said:
Actually, when Byakuya guides the petals with his hands, he can easily catch to something whose speed far outclasses his speed. He already has proven this in Ichigo vs Byakuya fight.

Byakuya can move the petals twice as fast with his hands then he can with his zanpaktou. But it's pretty likley the Shunko Yourichi can move even faster than that.
 
You're just assuming Ichigo is faster than Yoruichi. There's a debate thread/poll made for that floating aroudn somewhere, maybe you should check it out and see who won in that one. Besides, Ichigo in bankai never got hit by a petal

Yoru is winning almost 3:1 so far, I think it's pretty clear what people think.
 
Yes, it's true the petals never hit ichigo, because he deflected it with his sword, and i haven't seen anything from yoruichi that can deflect senbonzakura kageyoshi.
 
Firemind said:
Yes, it's true the petals never hit ichigo, because he deflected it with his sword, and i haven't seen anything from yoruichi that can deflect senbonzakura kageyoshi.

I guess you're right. She wouldn't be able to win against his bankai in her base form without taking out her zanpakutou or shunkou. However, as yoruichi stated when she demonstrated the skill for the first time, shunkou would be able to negate the energy behind attacks. In this case, the reiryoku controlled petals will just stop in its tracks.
 
didnt yoroichi say that byakuya would have pwnd everyone including herself on that brigde?
yoroichi isnt that much faster then byakuya without using shunkou
as for shunkou negating energy, yes but it has to be done conciously, needless to say she wont be able to stop a hundred million at the same time

if byakuya gets his bankai released yoroichi will lose
 
khaos said:
didnt yoroichi say that byakuya would have pwnd everyone including herself on that brigde?

Actually she never said it included herself, it was implied. If it was true than it would also have included Ukitake. That is absurd because she hasn't seen either of their powers in 100 years. The time she used to seal his first Senbonzakura could've been used to put a knife to his neck. Maybe she didn't actually want to fight "Little Byakuya" just like how she didn't really want to kill SoiFon. The way she talked down to and showed that much confidence when facing him should've been a sign.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who voted thought of that quote before voting. Yet, the majority still dismissed it, why? Many reasons. One of which being that Kubo's design for her power level and role might not have been finalized when he finished that part in the manga. Every anime has a few loopholes in the plot, this being one.


khaos said:
yoroichi isnt that much faster then byakuya without using shunkou

But we never seen them race when Yoruichi wasn't carrying 2-3x her weight.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was 2-3x faster than byakuya in her base form.

We don't know enough about shunkou to say how big its area of effect is, or that other parts of her body can't negate attacks. In fact, the same kidou energy she uses to attack covers her entire body. Remember how when it was first activated a huge beam of energy shot up into the sky? That wasn't done by hands.
 
Last edited:
Reik said:
Actually she never said it included herself, it was implied. If it was true than it would also have included Ukitake. That is absurd because she hasn't seen either of their powers in 100 years. The time she used to seal his first Senbonzakura could've been used to put a knife to his neck. Maybe she didn't actually want to fight "Little Byakuya" just like how she didn't really want to kill SoiFon. The way she talked down to and showed that much confidence when facing him should've been a sign.
talking someone down is usually a sign of inferiority
and yes i also believe ukitake wouldnt be able to take on byakuya
as for sealing senbonzakura, that was a sneak attack, anyone with a decent level can do that
soifon almost killed yoroichi, you wanna say soifon is the same level or higher than byakuya? its this fight against soifon that made me seriously doubt yoroichi's power

Reik said:
But we never seen them race when Yoruichi wasn't carrying 2-3x her weight.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was 2-3x faster than byakuya in her base form.
i thought it was pretty obvious that byakuya let them go on the bridge.. "i've lost interest"
she is faster than him, no doubt.. but i dont believe she is that much faster that she can compensate for their gap in attack powers

Reik said:
We don't know enough about shunkou to say how big its area of effect is, or that other parts of her body can't negate attacks. In fact, the same kidou energy she uses to attack covers her entire body. Remember how when it was first activated a huge beam of energy shot up into the sky? That wasn't done by hands.
yes yes i know but the user has to consiously generate and apply the exact amount of energy in order to negate an attack
 
khaos said:
talking someone down is usually a sign of inferiority
and


I guess with the way Ulquiorra called Inoue, Chad and Ichigo trash he must be
really inferior?

yes i also believe ukitake wouldnt be able to take on byakuya. as for sealing senbonzakura, that was a sneak attack, anyone with a decent level can do that
soifon almost killed yoroichi, you wanna say soifon is the same level or higher than byakuya? its this fight against soifon that made me seriously doubt yoroichi's power
According to Yamamoto however Ukitake should be higher in the tiers than byakuya. Of course, we haven't seen Ukitake in action yet so at this point everything is speculative. Either way, that was hardly the point. I'm saying Yoruichi would not be able to accurately predict Byakuya or Ukitake's power levels after 100 years, just like how many would not be able to tell Yoruichi powered down after 100 years if she hadn't said she was rusty. You missed the point again with the Senbonzakura. You're right anyone with captain level
reiatsu can seal that shikai. I'm not praising her ability to do it, but rather wondering why she didn't just throw/put a knife to his throat right then and there. Soifon almost killed Yoruichi? That's because it was cheap shikai vs no zanpakutou in the beginning. Yoruichi could've killed/severely injured soifon if she wanted to in shunkou.

i thought it was pretty obvious that byakuya let them go on the bridge.. "i've lost interest"
she is faster than him, no doubt.. but i dont believe she is that much faster that she can compensate for their gap in attack powers

I thought it was even more obvious that he knows he can't catch her even if he tried. "i've lost interest" doesn't seem too credible after the opponent just pwned you in a race. How exactly did you measure the gap in power between shunkou's MAX attack power and Senbonzakura Kageyoshi?

yes yes i know but the user has to consiously generate and apply the exact amount of energy in order to negate an attack

Applying the same amount of energy is the minimum required. Like in any other cases where 2 forces collide, if she applied mroe than enough it would not only cancel out the opponent's attack, her remaining energy would be able to be used offensively.

You're right about having to stay awake in battle.
 
Last edited:
Byakuya can just tire out yoruichi just like he did to ichigo. All he has to do is have senbonzakura kageyoshi defending him constantly and soon enough yoruichi will start getting slower and then byakuya just cuts her into pieces.
 
Firemind said:
Byakuya can just tire out yoruichi just like he did to ichigo. All he has to do is have senbonzakura kageyoshi defending him constantly and soon enough yoruichi will start getting slower and then byakuya just cuts her into pieces.

No.

Ichigo never tired out. He couldn't handle his own bankai and the reiatsu was breaking his bones and putting pressure on his body. Also, Byakuya's Final Bankai form coontributed to this. As a result Ichigo became much slower than he was before. this isn't going to happen with Yourichi.

 
In my oppinion Byakuya would take this. I think he is shown to be one of the more powerfull captains plus I think Yoruichi is highly overated just because she is friends with Urahara.
 
-She was smacking down Yami like he was just some random hollow.

-She is way above Suzumibachi biatch (forgot her name).


She takes this match.
 
Yoruichi cannot keep running the whole battle, she does not have infinite stamina, so she will tire out and byakuya attacks her then.
 
Back
Top Bottom