Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 3

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
I don't know what the prison island is lol, but world tree kind of sucked except for that one part with the window. And umm the final level in this game reminded me of the one from Tales of Arise except that was way more annoying because Tales of Arise doesn't have kill options on a meter, they're usually based on if you can kind of break a defense of an enemy which means you have to have the right person in the party to do that. Outside of that you had to just hammer away and hope it worked.

The coolest part of Xenoblade II was the bit where you go through the old city below the tree and learn about the architect and all of that. there was some cool ideas there and it was interesting. I just hated the main character, his dynamic with his blades, and Malos lol which sounds like a lot but there was some cool stuff happening around there.

In Xenoblade III

Spoiler: for chapter 6-7
one of the most magical parts of the game for me was when you go to meet real Nia and they're playing the song they played for her last game. It's given this real sense of reverence and everything. I don't know why Lanz is so hot for Queens though. He comments on both Queens like he's checking them out/

Another awesome thing in this game is the instances where you get up high and can see way way down across the map and recognize things. Like there are times I looked down and was like "That's Colony 9!"

That was fun to me.
If you like areas with a view you should check out…
Spoiler:
The area behind Keves Castle’s throne. An elevator there can take you up to a spot with a really great view and you can get a better look at Colony 11’s scorpion Ferronis. And there’s also a door near the elevator that will only unlock if you have a specific hero equipped

ShadowReij

Wanderer
I was pretty much set to go for five out of the six in terms of weapon upgrades because of my habit to wonder off. I finished off the last, being Taion's, by beating Tyrants I left alone prior. And that gave me the last parts I needed.

ShadowReij

Wanderer
Nah. Ghondor is just fucking obnoxious.

Where they clearly met their catgirl quota Monolith clearly felt one headstrong female (ala Eunie) wasn't enough so they added one more but to make sure she stood out they cranked the brash personality up to 11. To where it ceases being a charming aspect of their personality like Nia and Eunie and falls under the realm of just being a cunt.

Shit that was pointed out immediately upon Ghondor's intro. So they knew what they were doing.

And the Shania bit could've worked if she was introduced earlier and Ghondor's approach to Sena wasn't "What? Nah, you don't really have a character flaw to grow out of so we're good."

Instead we got....well what we got and I was just left wondering "Why should I care about these two insufferable bitches"

There is no way I wasn't the only one that saw Shania going "Stay back! I'm going to do it" and thought "Good, quick, let's get closer so she does it then there is only one of you left." :catsalute

MusubiKazesaru

I like Ghondor. She gets shit done while being funny and actually having some depth to her when it matters. Probably one of my favorite heroes and I like her class a good bit too.

MusubiKazesaru

Not that I care about what a bunch of Youtubers really have to say about the game compared to my own experiences, but I don’t think Nintendo has done something like this before.

I guess they’re trying to keep up interest level in the game which is by no means a bad thing.

MusubiKazesaru

There's a fascinating little Noah animation that's very Rurouni Kenshin where he uses the blunt end up Lucky Seven when targeting human enemies, but against non-humans he uses the sharp end and you can see him turn it around.

MusubiKazesaru

Did you go to the areas in the world that were opened up after you enter the Final area? There's that dumb ruin area on that island with the dome looking thing on it. And there's a um up there that might give you something. I think there was another shard up there too lying around. And then there's a spot near where you first meat Grey I think that opens up a path. It's either that cliff or another.
I didn't see a shard on the island, but I'm hesitant about new UMs atm because as of the most recent one I've maxed out my gold coins, but my gems are stuck on lower tiers mostly due to lack of one item. I'll look in the Grey area too.

ShadowReij

Wanderer
I didn't see a shard on the island, but I'm hesitant about new UMs atm because as of the most recent one I've maxed out my gold coins, but my gems are stuck on lower tiers mostly due to lack of one item. I'll look in the Grey area too.

Hold up, why aren't spending the gold coins on the Max Gem then? Do that.

ShadowReij

Wanderer
That's news to me :hmm
Yes. You can bypass Gem levels if you have the materials or coins.

There's an option when crafting that lets you go through and craft any gem level. Provided it's higher than your current highest gem.

There is no need to grind for materials post game. Just the gold coins.

Last edited:

ShadowReij

Wanderer
Spoiler: About those last two classes

Nia's feels alright granted I don't know why they try to make her slightly offensive when technically she should be the ultimate healer.

Melia's just feels like garbage though. It looks like they just couldn't figure out how to work her from 1 to 3. The attack animation is hilarious. Noah just hip swinging the staff looks so bad. :lmao

Nia slipping into her old outfit and having what sounds like a little mid-life crisis was hilarious though.

Interesting to note I get massive Endbringer vibes from Melia's mech and attack form.

And imagine my surprise when what I thought were Nia's new wings in blade form are actually something else when it was pointed out. Of which begs the question, where are they?

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
Spoiler: About those last two classes

Nia's feels alright granted I don't know why they try to make her slightly offensive when technically she should be the ultimate healer.

Melia's just feels like garbage though. It looks like they just couldn't figure out how to work her from 1 to 3. The attack animation is hilarious. Noah just hip swinging the staff looks so bad. :lmao

Nia slipping into her old outfit and having what sounds like a little mid-life crisis was hilarious though.

Interesting to note I get massive Endbringer vibes from Melia's mech and attack form.

And imagine my surprise when what I thought were Nia's new wings in blade form are actually something else when it was pointed out. Of which begs the question, where are they?

Spoiler:
How’d you like the remixes you get from using the last 2 heroes in fights? I thought they were fantastic.

And as for Nia having a slight offensive leaning, I’d say it’s justified given that broken move she used on Malos that made him nearly over-regenerate to death :lmao

Iirc I’ve seen people say they think the wing-spirit-blades look like the aegis sword for Pyra and Mythra. And when I took a closer look at the character art in the Hero Class Screen I got the same impression

ShadowReij

Wanderer
Spoiler:
How’d you like the remixes you get from using the last 2 heroes in fights? I thought they were fantastic.

And as for Nia having a slight offensive leaning, I’d say it’s justified given that broken move she used on Malos that made him nearly over-regenerate to death :lmao

Iirc I’ve seen people say they think the wing-spirit-blades look like the aegis sword for Pyra and Mythra. And when I took a closer look at the character art in the Hero Class Screen I got the same impression
Spoiler:

After finding a fight long enough to last and muting everything? Definitely enjoyed Nia's remix. Haven't heard Melia's yet though. In the middle of her quest line.

I agree, but she just doesn't work offensively.

It's not that they look like the Aegis Blades. They are the Aegis blades. Which begs the question where are said Aegises that come with said Aegis Blades?

ShadowReij

Wanderer
I will say this though this game definitely left the timeline all screwy because the game wants you to know quite a bit of time has past however because of certain elements in the game things are left very fucked.

Spoiler:

Shulk clearly existing at the beginning of the Origin conflict, the fact that the ending implies that because Noah, Lanz, and Eunie return to their smol selves chances are high Mio, Sena, and Taion all returned to similar ages.

BUT if we're to believe hundreds of years have passed to the point that where High Entia, Machina, and Blades have intermingled enough to where they now all age normal human lives and Blades no longer require drivers to exist Shulk can't exist at the time Origin starts up.

It's the same story for Mio if she really is Nia's daughter and being returned smol.

Hundreds of years had to have past for that kind of adaptation to really settle in.

This can be fixed with Mio instead being a direct descendent to a more distant one with Sena following suit. But that still leaves the glaring problem that seems to be Shulk.

Bah, maybe they'll clear that up by explaining that's not Shulk but a distant descendent that's a dead ringer. :hmm

MusubiKazesaru

I will say this though this game definitely left the timeline all screwy because the game wants you to know quite a bit of time has past however because of certain elements in the game things are left very fucked.

Spoiler:

Shulk clearly existing at the beginning of the Origin conflict, the fact that the ending implies that because Noah, Lanz, and Eunie return to their smol selves chances are high Mio, Sena, and Taion all returned to similar ages.

BUT if we're to believe hundreds of years have passed to the point that where High Entia, Machina, and Blades have intermingled enough to where they now all age normal human lives and Blades no longer require drivers to exist Shulk can't exist at the time Origin starts up.

It's the same story for Mio if she really is Nia's daughter and being returned smol.

Hundreds of years had to have past for that kind of adaptation to really settle in.

This can be fixed with Mio instead being a direct descendent to a more distant one with Sena following suit. But that still leaves the glaring problem that seems to be Shulk.

Bah, maybe they'll clear that up by explaining that's not Shulk but a distant descendent that's a dead ringer. :hmm

Spoiler:
It's quite screwy since it sort of resumes how the game started off instead of picking up where things currently were. I'm of the opinion that this whole world merging thing took place maybe a decade or so after the end of 1 and 2 (mostly based on Mio's presumed age if we consider her Nia's daughter which I do). Shulk therefore would've been alive at the start of Aionios' timeline but died early on of age or whatever along with a good number of the original party members who didn't have some sort of longevity. The queens in particular seem have their longevity enhanced by their ties to Origin.

Since the post-game credits indicate that time just kind of resumes where the first scene let off, everyone who had died early on is alive, but I wonder how that applies to naturally born humans like city residents or if it's just for those in the system or rebirth.

I'd say the one conflicting aspect is that Nia seems to know during her Ascension Quest (which timeline-wise is basically what if you didn't plunge all the way through Origin all at once) that the worlds will just separate in advance, which is very odd considering Origin was made just in case the world got fucked. Maybe it's based on new information but it's never told to you before the ending. I get that it's post-game content and therefore we know it to be true, but it's odd.

ShadowReij

Wanderer
Spoiler:
It's quite screwy since it sort of resumes how the game started off instead of picking up where things currently were. I'm of the opinion that this whole world merging thing took place maybe a decade or so after the end of 1 and 2 (mostly based on Mio's presumed age if we consider her Nia's daughter which I do). Shulk therefore would've been alive at the start of Aionios' timeline but died early on of age or whatever along with a good number of the original party members who didn't have some sort of longevity. The queens in particular seem have their longevity enhanced by their ties to Origin.

Since the post-game credits indicate that time just kind of resumes where the first scene let off, everyone who had died early on is alive, but I wonder how that applies to naturally born humans like city residents or if it's just for those in the system or rebirth.

I'd say the one conflicting aspect is that Nia seems to know during her Ascension Quest (which timeline-wise is basically what if you didn't plunge all the way through Origin all at once) that the worlds will just separate in advance, which is very odd considering Origin was made just in case the world got fucked. Maybe it's based on new information but it's never told to you before the ending. I get that it's post-game content and therefore we know it to be true, but it's odd.

Spoiler:

But again, it being 2 decades makes no sense because of the setting. That is no way enough for both populations to be what they are. Where a bunch of High Entia, Machina, Blades age like regular humans. It doesn't work with Shulk being alive and Mio being Nia's daughter.

To be fair Nia's exposition dumb is your typical level of jrpg clusterfuck despite Xenoblade normally being good about not doing that.

But the explanation the second time around makes it much more clear.

My initial impression was that Origin was that its job was to safely unite the worlds once they collided. But as the finale rolls on it becomes clear what it's supposed to do. And Nia makes it clearer.

Origin's function is to create a system restore point for both worlds and then recreate them quickly after the destruction event.

Ah the case of hate fucking and loving to fuck. :lmao

There's some official art up for the post-game Heroes. Looking good.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Again, wtf happened to Pyra and Mythra when it's clear Nia has their Blade forms Monolith.

Top Bottom