Who could be a protagonist besides Luffy?

Captain Quincy

Avy by @doodlz1p
If Luffy wasn't MC then who else do you think has protagonist potential?

Koby comes to mind. His journey of working up the ranks of the marines to admiral could definitely be it in my opinion.

Upendo Upendo no Mi

Smoker/Tashigi perhaps. Going from enthusiastically joining the Marines working their way up to slowly discovering the dark sides and corruption present to slowly rebelling and fighting for true justice and fairness.

TheTwelfthKenpachi

Singe Savant
Smoker.
My pfp tells, but I've always been a massive Smoker fan, he's my favorite character alongside Katakuri and Rosinante; and I think he would've been a perfect protagonist.

Perrin

Aesop’s Fables = Usopp’s Elbaf
Smoker/Tashigi perhaps. Going from enthusiastically joining the Marines working their way up to slowly discovering the dark sides and corruption present to slowly rebelling and fighting for true justice and fairness.
Great idea for an engaging story. Very much like the original Deus Ex storyline.

jesusus

Base Believer
Waterfall would make a great protagonist, already top of the tier ladder, and would be like Saitama in his series, an unstoppable force that looks for a worthy opponent to kill time but never finds it, instead has running reoccurrences into some rogue and mentally retarded major mass and lesser masses that go by the name of Triglyceride Singularity and Crew.

Orca

Hyped
Zoro as the Shonen Guts.

Drakes story as a double agent exposing us to both the inner workings of Pirates and Marines.

Koby for the full Marine experience.

Also Ussop and Law.

Last edited:

Orca

Hyped
Also Lucci, for the Spy Piece expreience.
:ninja

Kuzan would also make a great marine protagonist.

Last edited:

Draco Bolton

L Drake if you want to suffer through MC countless Ls and a story that never ends

Oda could have started One Piece when dinos (L family) vanished, it still wouldn't be finished today (even after all this time, not sure that L could progress enough to clear GrandLine or even East Blue :wellshitafterall 66 millions years later L was still below average fodder in Onigashima).

66 millions year and still not able to clear East Blue... Compared to Akainu who can find OP in 1 year max

If you want a better protagonist but who will still have more Ls than wins, I recommend Mid

MartyMcFly1

Danger is my middle name!
I’d say Zoro. He’s a lot like Luffy in the ways that matter. I imagine he’d do a lot of getting lost and ending up in extremely dangerous situations that he overcomes.

I’d want to see Kidd’s initial Journey in the NW.

Definitely Roger, Blackbeard as well.

I might even add Jack and Ulti. There’s a certain recklessness that makes for a strong person in this series that these characters all have. Characters that relish in and enjoy violence are always entertaining to watch.

Luffyfan38

Law is my second favorite character, if they did a series with him as the lead I’d be cool with that, or a Shank’s series.

themightyvoosh

The Garden Of Earthly Delights
Blackbeard.

Prologue with the Whitebeard Pirates->Chapter 1 is killing Thatch and eating the Yami->East Blue equivalent is finding Augur, Lafitte, Doc Q, and Burgess->Grandline equivalent is chasing Luffy and the climax is fighting Ace, before moving into the Shichibukai process->Impel Down and Marineford are much the same but we get to see the level 6 throwdown->timeskip happens and we see the BB pirates get stronger and the Payback War->post-timeskip is Blackbeard making his move.

Ace and Sabo are options but they're very generic characters. Its a story I wouldn't be as interested in.

Top Bottom