Where are the Hokage Love Interests?

We've heard that Tsunade is the Grandaughter of the First Hokage, and we've learned that Sarutobi is the father of Asuma. Many people also assume that the 4th is the father of Naruto (purely theory.)

My question is why haven't the love interests of the Hokages (or any ninja really) been even slightly mentioned. I mean you can't call the celibate, and I gotta admit I'm pretty proud of old Sarutobi for marrying and gettin some, but have we seen any older ninjas, or any mention about where the love interests went?

Tsunade had Dan.

But mostly, the love interests of the Hokages just aren't important to the story. Just like Sakura's parents or Tenten's last name, we'll probably never find out.

Sho said:
Tsunade had Dan.

But mostly, the love interests of the Hokages just aren't important to the story. Just like Sakura's parents or Tenten's last name, we'll probably never find out.

i thought dan was tsunades brother am i wrong?

Yellow Flash said:
i thought dan was tsunades brother am i wrong?
No, Dan was the guy from the academy she fell in love with. Her brother had the name Nawaki.

I don't think the 4ths love interests will be important to the story either, in fact, we can call ourselfes happy if we ever find out who Naruto's mother was.

Sho said:
Tsunade had Dan.

Yah, for all we know (or could care) Ten could just be her last name... :p

Though it would be an interesting thing to read about, it is entirely unecessary in relation to the storyline. The majority of the fans of Naruto would probably want to hear about Naruto's Training, Akatsuki, Sasuke's stride to take down Itachi, and the soon-to-be budding romance of Naruto and Hinata.

That's my take on it.

Shodai, we never got to see his wife, but have seen his daughter with a toddler Tsunade.

Nidame, we don't know if he was even married or had children.

Sandaime, I always got the impression he was a widow.

Yondaime's wife (presumeably Naruto's mother), most likely died either in battle against the Kyuubi, or died in childbirth (like Gaara's mother did).

As for Tsunade, I don't really count Dan, since he was long before Tsunade became Godaime. But there is hints of something going on between her and Jiraya (with Yamato's warning in the hot springs, and of course the Jappanese legend of Jiraya and Tsunade being married). So if they don't get killed off in the Akatsuki attack, something might happen. :amuse

Just like most women that aren't ninja's in the Naruto Universe. People's love interest are never brought up in the storyline unless it has some purpose. Think about the only love interests that are mentioned and interacted in the manga are Sasuke's and Itachi's mother, Shikamaru's mother and Gaara's, Temari's and Kankaru's mother. They all had some purpose related to the storyline. I just feel it isn't going to be needed unless it serves a purpose. Yeah I know Kishimoto mentioned something about some romance in Part II.

The Yondaime had his bitches and hos to keep him company on those cold nights. And you better believe they got freaky deaky allllllll night long.

Ya heard, son?

It's a shounen manga. Unless the love interests have a direct effect on the plot, they won't be shown, as these types of stories don't tend to focus on love or romance.

Back
Top Bottom