What’s the most fearsome part of the WG?

Which faction is the scariest to other factions

• Total voters

arv993

What part of the WG is its “ace”?

Do you think in the final war, it will still be that faction?

Discuss below.

Van Basten

Black Lives Matter
Marine HQ.

Barring Shanks, the rest of the world doesn’t know what the Celestial Dragons are packing. They don’t know about Im and little about the Gorosei.

CD’s have done whatever they wanted for centuries under the threat of an Admiral coming for their enemies. The only pirate to directly go after the CD’s was Xebec.

T-Bag

The Strongest
The navy.

Akainu moved the headquarters right into enemy territory signaling to the yonko they had enough fun, it's over. Borsalino was ready to sink Big mom's ship had akainu dispatched him.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly1

Danger is my middle name!
because he has nothing to gain. Marines wanting to capture pirates doesn’t mean pirates care about marines all that much
In my opinion, marines are the natural enemy of pirates, and should be viewed through that lens when considering how powerful members of their organization are likely to be.

A Optimistic

Tirano
I’m not sure I follow.

robin says "pirates...don't usually initiate attacks on governments or marines"

that supports my claim that while the marines are obsessed with capturing/killing pirates, pirates in general don't really care about fighting the marines. hence why we see people like luffy, blackbeard, whitebeard etc fleeing from the marines often. they just don't really care about the marines.

it's a one sided relationship.

MartyMcFly1

Danger is my middle name!
robin says "pirates...don't usually initiate attacks on governments or marines"

that supports my claim that while the marines are obsessed with capturing/killing pirates, pirates in general don't really care about fighting the marines. hence why we see people like luffy, blackbeard, whitebeard etc fleeing from the marines often. they just don't really care about the marines.

it's a one sided relationship.
The Marines job is to apprehend pirates. Of course pirates wouldn’t necessarily seek out the marines. It’s like criminals and police officers. They’re still what I would call natural enemies.

A Optimistic

Tirano
The Marines job is to apprehend pirates. Of course pirates wouldn’t necessarily seek out the marines. It’s like criminals and police officers. They’re still what I would call natural enemies.

but your original claim was about how the marines are underestimated because even primebeard ran from them, as if the reasons whitebeard ran were powerlevel related

but we can just agree to disagree lol

Corax

Navy. For now at least. We don’t know much about Imu and his secrets (or potentially any ancient weapons he has).

Orca

Hyped
Navies have come and gone. Imu has been there for centuries.

He is the ‘Ace’, the Thanos, the Voldemort, the Sauron of the WG. As the Gorosei said, marines are just the outward face of the WG. When that mask comes off, the real obstacle will reveal itself. He needs to be taken out to close the chapter on the tyranny of the WG.

BladeofTheMorning

It’s Vega Punk. Gorosei are a bunch of geezers who pull strings from the shadows. Hopefully they are more than that.
Cross guild has changed the game and now the marines are being hunted too. Love this twist.

In all seriousness I’d say: VP, Im, Admirals, Gorosei and SSG.

KBD

Is suicide a lifehack?
Navy boys are bitch made. Look at Enies Lobby, Look at Impel down, or even the HQ.

The seat of power Marijoa is where it's at.

BladeofTheMorning

This is just fan made. You also left out the part where Dragon blows all their asses out of a window in one shot.

Last edited:

Mihawk

Marine Hunter
I really, really, really, really, really want to say the Knights of God because they just sound so badass in the context of the One Piece verse.

However, since they are a complete enigma with 0 knowledge of their battle strength and are more than likely a royal praetorian-like guard squadron for the CDs or Imu than frontline fighters...I'll go with the safe answer that is Akainu and the Admirals. They are called the greatest military powers of the Government for a reason. Oda can retcon this of course, by revealing the Knights or whatever else the WG has up their sleeve as their aces (wouldn't be the first time the Navy has been used as a front for the WG while information was kept secret from the Marine brass), but I don't think the military might of the Admirals + the Navy's old legends can be so easily outshined by anything else the Government might have. They are clearly the muscle of the Government and act as their chief enforcers.

If the Gorosei somehow turn out to be top tiers too, that would be pretty insane. I also wouldn't sleep on Kong considering he's both the Commander in Chief and someone that Sengoku addresses with honorifics. Even if he's past his prime and ancient, he can't be any weaker than the Old Navy legends. Combine that with the new SSGs that Vegapunk has developed, and the Government have plenty to throw at the Pirates and Revos come the Final War.

There are a lot of ifs in that scenario of course. Do we consider retired Navy legends part of their fighting strength? What is the actual strength of the Navy Admiral Candidates? Are the SSGs truly able to replace the total military potential of the Shichibukai? Are Knights of God actually an elite Royal Guard squad, let alone top tiers? Are the Gorosei even fighters? Is there anything else to CP0? Just how strong is Imu actually? How strong is Kong?

There are so many uncertainties at this point that the Admirals remain the safest bet. However, if all of the above is indeed tangible in a best case scenario for the Government, then they are seriously stacked.

Top Bottom