• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.

What does Chad's latest feat show about Bleach power and durability?

Aku Shinigami

Sworn Enemy of the Wank Lords
I'm curious what other people's opinions are about Chad's most recent feat, and how it impacts the whole ranking of Bleach durability and firepower. Let's take a look:

So this is how massive the entire section is:
Here
Here

And here's Chad's punch:
Here
Here

Now if you look at what Chad is using, that's his unawakened form of his weaker arm. So if one of the weakest characters in Bleach has an attack power like that, what does that say about higher level attacks.

Just to note, here's Noitara tanking an attack from Chad with his released stronger arm going all out:
Here
Here

Yak

on a Forums Break
I'm curious what other people's opinions are about Chad's most recent feat, and how it impacts the whole ranking of Bleach durability and firepower. Let's take a look:

So this is how massive the entire section is:
Here
Here

And here's Chad's punch:
Here
Here

Now if you look at what Chad is using, that's his unawakened form of his weaker arm. So if one of the weakest characters in Bleach has an attack power like that, what does that say about higher level attacks.

Just to note, here's Noitara tanking an attack from Chad with his released stronger arm going all out:
Here
Here

As for the bolded part, I'm thinking you are hooking up on some wrong conclusion. Even though Chad is one of the weaker characters, his speciality IS solely his high attacking power. Even in Soul Society he was capable of using a blast from his far less developed arm that could have given a captain like Shunsui trouble had it hit him directly (according to Kyouraku's own statement).

Assuming that people who are of captain class necessarily have a much much higher attack power than Chad displayed is a bit faulty since he can already do damage on captain class-level since the Soul Society arc.

As for the general feat, its certainly impressive that he is using his only half-awakened rigth arm which originally is intended to be a defense and not his primary attack power. Even with that half akawned arm he easily caused a massive wall the size of a several story building to collapse and break apart.

Its pretty obvious that with this strength Chad is already buildingbuster+ and it is not a surprise if he could also punch or dent massive steel walls utilizing his full power of his left arm.

Additionally, those feats also give testament to the durability Noitra's hierro has seeing how he took a full blast of Chad's left arm and didn't even get a scratch, meaning its easily in a league with something as or even more durable as steel. In consequence, Kenpachi cutting said strongest hierro of all the Espada shows that people of captain class are just not limited to cutting massive stone but eventually also easily dice through steel even though there are no real on-panel feats for something so explicit. Just felt like adding that here because there are still many people who deny Bleach characters could.

Tash

U Turn
I'm not seeing how it sets any type of bar for them. To Bleach as a whole it's not particularly impressive when Kenpachi and Ichigo leveled multiple buildings of comparable size, and Chad himself had a more impressive showing when he leveled Urahara's training room.

Yak

on a Forums Break
Wait. He levelled the whole place? I.. totally can't remember that happening and my Bleach memory is usually pretty good. Mind showing me where that happened?

Tash

U Turn
I mean all the rock formations in the training room not the room itself, which seems more impressive to me considering he did it indirectly.

Yak

on a Forums Break
I mean all the rock formations in the training room not the room itself, which seems more impressive to me considering he did it indirectly.

Hmm... well, granted. But still, that structure he broke apart in 317 was really huge and he only used a fraction of his power. With his full strength he might have even collapsed a couple of those towers on top of it and all that with a single punch. I call that fairly impressive.

Red

Keep Cool, Carry On.
Thats an impressive punching feat, but like yak said calling him the "weakest" is all that correct. And if we consider what the structures are made from (quartz) as oppose to concrete it becomes all the more awesome.

Finn Mac Cool

For a frame of comparison, the Privaron Espada Chad fought took two blows from Chad's right arm without too much trouble:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/6/naruto_v01_ch006_164/

nuff said even if it's from like chapter 6

Link removed
Link removed
Link removed

However, one hit from Chad's left arm took him down:
Link removed
Link removed

So what is everyone's best estimate? I figure Left Arm of the Devil has got to be, bare minimum, 3 times as strong as Right Arm of the Giant, and probably closer to 5, but I'd like to hear what others think of it.

Aku Shinigami

Sworn Enemy of the Wank Lords
For a frame of comparison, the Privaron Espada Chad fought took two blows from Chad's right arm without too much trouble:
Link removed
Link removed
Link removed
Link removed

However, one hit from Chad's left arm took him down:
Link removed
Link removed

So what is everyone's best estimate? I figure Left Arm of the Devil has got to be, bare minimum, 3 times as strong as Right Arm of the Giant, and probably closer to 5, but I'd like to hear what others think of it.

Those first attacks were with the awakened form of the right arm as well.

Zetta

Hyper Weapon
Last I checked, didn't people with high reiatsu use their reiatsu to shield themselves from other spirit attacks? I think someone stated this...

I'm pretty sure Kariya also said something about it.

Antitard

It definitely puts Bleach durability higher after that. But people will just argue that spiritons could be as soft as sand just to deny that feat. Also fair to say that he might have gotten a power up due to the power of resolve.

Danchou

Antagonist
It doesn't necessarily say much about the general bleach power and durability level. His strength has already been pointed out to be exceptional. In any case that specific feat makes Chad a builingbuster of a certain level. It's power is probably roughly comparable to the a (midlevel) Espada- or Captainclass character.

Zetta

Hyper Weapon
It definitely puts Bleach durability higher after that. But people will just argue that spiritons could be as soft as sand just to deny that feat. Also fair to say that he might have gotten a power up due to the power of resolve.

Bleach characters use their inherent reiatsu to shield themselves from other reiatsu attacks such as zanpaktou, kido and Chad's arm. Byakuya and Kariya Jin commented that Ichigo was doing it subconsciously.

Antitard

Bleach characters use their inherent reiatsu to shield themselves from other reiatsu attacks such as zanpaktou, kido and Chad's arm. Byakuya and Kariya Jin commented that Ichigo was doing it subconsciously.

Does that matter? Isn't tekkai basically the same shit? I mean they have to perform the technique after all for it to work. It's still durability. If Ichigo can slice buildings easily and won't cut Kenpachi then that gives credit to his durability despite using "reiatsu" to sheild themselves.

mystictrunks

The BOWSS

Many series use X type defense against X type attacks. What are you getting at?

Zetta

Hyper Weapon
You could make a case that their X defense doesn't work on Y attacks.

Ofcourse, the point is moot in practical battles due to equivalence rule but I'm interested in how this would work. Would an attack that has no reiatsu whatsoever in it still be stopped by it?

Red

Keep Cool, Carry On.
The equivalence rule doesn't effect bleach characters in durability at all. Lemme give you an example:

Grimmjaw shot ichigo with five building busters, his high reiatsu shield and the power boost of being in HM played a factor in boosting his durability in taking that. But when we argue here in the OBD we ignore those special factors and just assume that ichigo can take five building busters in the real world without a reiatsu shield.

Finn Mac Cool

That kinda gives a fake image of their power, doesn't it?

How is it fake? Shinigami and Hollows are made of nothing but spiritual energy. If this energy couldn't defend against physical attacks, they'd be completely intangible, and Chad's telephone pole attack proved that's not the case.

Zetta

Hyper Weapon
Chad's telephone pole proves they are tangible. It doesn't prove that reiatsu played any role in minimizing the damage from said pole.

Finn Mac Cool

Chad's telephone pole proves they are tangible. It doesn't prove that reiatsu played any role in minimizing the damage from said pole.

But Hollows are made out of spirit energy. If that Hollow's reiatsu didn't absorb the impact, then what did?

C. Hook

I am Warrior Commander!
I was impressed too. However, it's still not on the level of island cracking, city destroying, and planet busting.

Aokiji

To be honest, I just think the author forgot that they were supposed to be intagible. :p

Cthulhu-versailles

The Luckiest Man in Agrabah
Op---A couple images after that wasn't it shown Chad collapsed the whole thing? Anyway, did people forget Grim Vs Ichigo ? They basically knocked each other threw multiple of those but a bit smaller, or am I mis-remembering ?

As to Chad, if that was his weakest punch, then yes it sets a precedant, as his weakest punch form was blocked by Shikai Ichigo when he first showed up to attack him. Also, didn't some fodder ex espada casually tank them as well ?

Yak

on a Forums Break
Op---A couple images after that wasn't it shown Chad collapsed the whole thing? Anyway, did people forget Grim Vs Ichigo ? They basically knocked each other threw multiple of those but a bit smaller, or am I mis-remembering ?

As to Chad, if that was his weakest punch, then yes it sets a precedant, as his weakest punch form was blocked by Shikai Ichigo when he first showed up to attack him. Also, didn't some fodder ex espada casually tank them as well ?

The fodder arrancar died from the 'El Directo' punch.

Cthulhu-versailles

The Luckiest Man in Agrabah
The fodder arrancar died from the 'El Directo' punch.

I can't tell if you're answerin my question or not, as I don't remember much of anything in terms of ble names. Was the punch Chad used on the structure 'El Directo" ? Did the fodder die from the same casual from Chad's weaker arm he used against the structure ?

edit: also, didnt' chad punc a hole through something even larger before that to get to where Noitoria was ? that seemed a more impressive feat...

--

Yak

on a Forums Break
I can't tell if you're answerin my question or not, as I don't remember much of anything in terms of ble names. Was the punch Chad used on the structure 'El Directo" ? Did the fodder die from the same casual from Chad's weaker arm he used against the structure ?

Yes, it was the same. The fodder arrancar (sorry, even I don't remember the name - it was that huge freak with dreads and the long, worm-like tongue when they entered Hueco Mundo) died from the El Directo. What Chad used in 317 on the large platform those 3 towers reside on was said same punch, also with only half-awakened arm.

Chad fully awakened his right arm in the fight with Gantenbein, this is where he obtained that 'shield' thing attached to it. Gantenbein was easily tanking all of Chad's right-handed attacks prior to the awakening of said shield. After that he took enough damage from it (mind you, this is his arm for DEFENSE)to be forced to release. After having released, Chad awoke his left arm and finished Gantenbein with his actual ATTACK power which by default should be a lot higher than his half-awakened defense arm.

I'd say the 'El Diablo' punch being 3 to 5 times stronger than 'El Directo' is a sound estimation.

That larger hole you are referring to was made by the 'El Diablo' punch with his attack arm, not the defense arm. Also, of course it is a lot stronger but it was difficult to determine the actual damage it did because not everything of the destruction was shown and we had nothing to relate the size of the hole to. In 317 however we see Chad as some tiny dot before the huge wall when the platform splits apart. It's save to assume that, had he used 'El Diablo' instead of 'El Directo' there, most of that platform would have completely vanished and the towers had crumbled on top of it.

Top Bottom