• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

What book are you reading now?

T-Bag

The Strongest
The law of One book 2

one of the most amazing books I’ve ever come across. Got to have a REALLY open mind to read it. It’s about a physicist who puts a patient into trans and a extraterrestrial super advanced collective consciousness by the name of RA of the 6th density speaks via the patient and it explains how the universe was constructed, reincarnation, the chakra points and what they represent and how they’re refined, why we’re here where we came from and how we evolve our awareness (via density levels 1-8) to the point where understand that we are god. evil and good- both negative and positive serve the one creator/god.

It’s almost like god getting to know itself via different experiences and forms because how can god get to know itself if it doesn’t experience everything? God is lonely, so he split himself into everything that there is. <— my opinion

Last edited:

Cardboard Tube Knight

I am currently reading Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline, the sequel to Ready Player One, and I am enjoying it, but it is not exciting me quite as much as did the first book. The first book's plot focused on nostalgia and pop culture references, so I knew to expect that from this book, as well, but such elements are excessive in the sequel, to the point that scarcely a page passes without a reference to some piece of popular culture from the author's own youth. If Cline writes another book, I hope that he is not nearly as heavy-handed with the pop culture references in it.
I remember reading a sample of Ready Player One back in the day, before I knew it was a popular thing or anything about it and it honestly felt like some really bad writing from the standpoint of this guy just crams all of these references in there. It sort of highlights the issue I have with nerd culture and how people speak in these deep references like the Tamarians from Next Generation. It just becomes kind of gate keepery.

Like we have this subset of nerds who are nerdy about things that they find important and quality-wise these things aren't always the most well produced, cared for, or well thought out, but because they were the things that these people grew up with they are made into the most important thing in the world. If you're nostalgic for a time and place I get how that can be fun. Stranger Things feels like nostalgia done in a way where people who weren't even there can feel included and kind of put on the rose colored glasses too.

Ready Player One kind of drips of that disdain for some things and this self important-ness that really puts me off and it feels like others have kind of said the same. Also, the world building kind of doesn't make sense, like in the movie it doesn't but I have read and seen things that are missing in the book.

Cardboard Tube Knight

I guess I will go ahead and embarrass myself. I have been reading Ice Planet Barbarians because it's so outlandish and weird I had to look into it. The first thing that happens when the guy meets the girl is he goes down on her while she's passed out and they a little finger like appendage on top of their penis.

It's written like Tumblr fan fiction, but it's so fast to read and bonkers that it's been fun.

The State of Africa

Describes the path the african countries went down after de-colonization/independence.
Pretty interesting read and not too difficult to understand given the subject matter.

Top Bottom