• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

What book are you reading now?

Pilaf

The Man in the Rain
Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule. It's the first "canon" Star Wars book I've read. It's pretty good so far.

dr_shadow

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just started War & Peace (1869). Swedish edition is around 2000 pages, which is "long" but not as gargantuan as stereotypically portrayed. I'll let you know how long it takes me to get lost in the huge gallery of characters.

martryn

Dick in hand
The Theory of Money and Credit by Ludwig von Mises
- this issue I have is it takes fucking forever to figure out what is being said or referred to. I read a paragraph and then have to spend like an hour fucking researching. Sorry, Mises, I DO NOT know the monetary policy of the Weimar Republic, so stop referencing to me as if I did.

Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco
-This is the 4th time I've read it. It is my favorite book of all time, but, again, I am taking my time this time around and translating all the Latin and looking up the historical references. Shit is so fucking fascinating. I just skimmed over the stuff with the umbanda until this read through, and I am really delving into Kabbalah.

Head First Java by... two people (it's my bathroom reader, so I can't remember the authors)
-still working my way through learning JAVA. This is the last of the basic JAVA principle books that is on my bookshelf, and I can tell reading through it my mastery of the material, as almost everything is review. The book itself is dated, so there are a few things that more recent versions of JAVA have rendered inaccurate, but for the most part I am able to gloss some new insights on how to view object oriented programming. As a (former) math teacher, I understand just how important it is to know the basics.

Loni

Suns
The Holy Bible (again)
The Guest List (I have a thing for thrillers ever since I read, The Silent Patient... it was so good.)

Top Bottom