• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

What are these villains LOL

Thiago20019

How many chapters is that at a monthly release, and how many chapters did Naruto get through over the same time at a weekly release?
Boruto - 60 Monthly Chapters
Naruto - 252 Weekly Chapters

Boruto started receiving fewer pages after he was downgraded to a smaller magazine.

Fused

The Absolute God
Precisely because it is a MONTHLY manga, the pacing shouldn't be this garbage :whatthe

How can I get interested in Boruto if the main villain has literally done nothing for 3 months, how can you people not realize that this is preposterous?

It's fine to have funny scenes that humanize the villain, like him giving piggy ride to a Zoomer, but not:

1) When it carries over to the next chapter.
2) When the manga is, you know, monthly instead of weekly or bi-weekly.

I'll never understand Boruto readers :mjlol How do you wait 2 full months just for the main villain to piggy ride with a Zoomer, you need to enlighten me :kobeha

Precisely because it is a MONTHLY manga, the pacing shouldn't be this garbage :whatthe

How can I get interested in Boruto if the main villain has literally done nothing for 3 months, how can you people not realize that this is preposterous?

It's fine to have funny scenes that humanize the villain, like him giving piggy ride to a Zoomer, but not:

1) When it carries over to the next chapter.
2) When the manga is, you know, monthly instead of weekly or bi-weekly.

I'll never understand Boruto readers :mjlol How do you wait 2 full months just for the main villain to piggy ride with a Zoomer, you need to enlighten me :kobeha
Monthly manga pacing is always garbage, there is no example you can give me to convince me.

Not really, that would be 2/3 of Fullmetal's chapters , which had fewer pages than Boruto and had more development than Naruto.

Fullmetal Alchemist.
watched the anime, no pacing woes there, but i did have a batch of anime to work with and didn't have to wait for releases.
you can't use a monthly that's already finished as the example unless you were reading the monthly...well...monthly with japanese holidays accounted for.
real time experience makes all the difference.
i don't believe the fma manga had flawless pacing with that taken into account.

Zef

Not to be confused with ZefST the Sasuke fan
Oh look, this complaint thread is still up.
:kermitthink

I thought someone was tired of these types of threads since there's so many?

Or does it only apply to Zef threads?
:kermitthink
Monthly freaking-out-without-info Boruto thread. :catsleep
Uh huh, I loved that information that eventually came out about Ao.

Which chapter was Boro's background in again?

What was the name of Isshiki's doujutsu again? Not the Byakugan...the gold and black one.
Oh wait...he's dead....

Can I freak out now?
What happened Kishimoto, I don't even recognize you anymore :scust
Kishit has been unrecognizable for quite a while now.

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
if you're argument was that the villains are underwhelming btw, I think that's reasonable. A lot of them died fast.
Tbh many villains in the original manga either died or were put in the bus too. Oro being depowered by losing his arms (later sealed/killed), Sasori dying in his first fight, Deidara almost dying and losing his arms and dying in his next fight, Kakuzu and Hidan dying in their first fight, Pain/Nagato dying during his introduction arc (before he was just a shadow giving orders).

Kodachi/Kishi in Boruto kills even Otsutsuki gods (Isshiki and Momo) rather fast but they have potential to return via Karma. Amado, Code, Koji and Delta are still alive. Only Boro and Victor died for sure and for good.

Not so different from Obito and Itachi being among the few that stayed around really long. They were plot relevant enough for that.

Boruto likely won't last as long as the original manga (nowhere near probably) so there is no point to keep less plot relevant villains alive forever unless Kishi/Kodachi deem them worthy enough of that honour.

Last edited:

Thiago20019

watched the anime, no pacing woes there, but i did have a batch of anime to work with and didn't have to wait for releases.
you can't use a monthly that's already finished as the example unless you were reading the monthly...well...monthly with japanese holidays accounted for.
real time experience makes all the difference.
i don't believe the fma manga had flawless pacing with that taken into account.
Not really, I read the two series monthly side by side, both were released (physical volume; in Fullmetal case, new edition) in my country.

Boruto's pacing was horrible, they adapted the first act of the movie into a ENTIRE VOLUME, do you realize how stupid that is? An act where nothing happens and only serves to contextualize the story, they turned it into a ENTIRE VOLUME. This was not a problem with the film adaptation, the pace of the series is excessively slow, the ENTIRE next volume is spent with an arc whose sole function is to present the existence of Kara, not to introduce the characters, nothing like that, just say "this organization exists", an ENTIRE VOLUME.
Observation: The organization has nothing to do with the arc, the Villain simply says in the final seconds "this organization exists", the arc is even more useless.

Fullmetal's pacing was perfect, volumes close most of the time more than one "arc", each arc adds little things that add up to the main story, which is initially a mystery. The series does not have a single useless chapter, I would even say that there are no useless pages, the reader's time is not wasted.

Young Lord Minato

Don't stan, just fan
So, you're judging these villains based entirely on the fact that one of them gave the other a (forced) piggy back ride? And no, Code didn't give him a piggy ride to "get in with his sister"; he literally asked said sister to get him off of him. I know Madara is your fav and everything, but you do really need to filter and judge every character by him as if he's the standard for everything?

Last edited:

dergeist

These are kiddie villains, with kiddie powers with a 3rd rate MC. One shouldn't hold out hope or ever try to compare them the Chadara. They are akin to Mizuki tier.

Not really, I read the two series monthly side by side, both were released (physical volume; in Fullmetal case, new edition) in my country.

Boruto's pacing was horrible, they adapted the first act of the movie into a ENTIRE VOLUME, do you realize how stupid that is? An act where nothing happens and only serves to contextualize the story, they turned it into a ENTIRE VOLUME. This was not a problem with the film adaptation, the pace of the series is excessively slow, the ENTIRE next volume is spent with an arc whose sole function is to present the existence of Kara, not to introduce the characters, nothing like that, just say "this organization exists", an ENTIRE VOLUME.
Observation: The organization has nothing to do with the arc, the Villain simply says in the final seconds "this organization exists", the arc is even more useless.

Fullmetal's pacing was perfect, volumes close most of the time more than one "arc", each arc adds little things that add up to the main story, which is initially a mystery. The series does not have a single useless chapter, I would even say that there are no useless pages, the reader's time is not wasted.
fair game.
i still maintain that the correct way to experience boruto is via the anime and not the manga cause the verse was never made with a monthly release in mind.
fma btw is something of an outlier and is no representation of the norm for storytelling.

Tbh many villains in the original manga either died or were put in the bus too. Oro being depowered by losing his arms (later sealed/killed), Sasori dying in his first fight, Deidara almost dying and losing his arms and dying in his next fight, Kakuzu and Deidara dying in their first fight, Pain/Nagato dying during his introduction arc (before he was just a shadow giving orders).

This is so true. Kishi killed off his villains left and right for no reason. Hell, I even wish the Sound Four had survived and returned a few times. They were useful, like when they held that barrier so that Orochimaru could fight Hiruzen.

Azula

Uh huh, I loved that information that eventually came out about Ao.

Which chapter was Boro's background in again?

What was the name of Isshiki's doujutsu again? Not the Byakugan...the gold and black one.
Oh wait...he's dead....

Can I freak out now?
But do we really need background info on each and every character. :kermitthink

We already know enough about Ao since he is from Naruto and Boro doesn't need background info, he is entertaining enough on his own.

Isshiki will obviously return and we will get more info on him. :catsleep

Code and Daemon will obviously stay for some time. :catsleep

ShadowBringer

I'm so glad madara got the greatest L the naruto series ever had and Boruto continues to add the mockery of Foddera by having the Ootsutrski taking his place as greater entity while stripped away his name and history from the 4th war since there are followers of the Ootustski cult who wanted the Infinite Tsukoyomi.

This makes Madara an Ootsutski followers who wanted Utopia. This guy Boro definitely knows how to persuade people and get alot of people to follow him . This same level of deep complex philosophy that Madara was pursuing is something that he never was able to achieved.

Madara is the biggest loser who can't have anyone to follow him even his own brethren of the Uchiha clan except Zetsu and obito both of which backstabbed and obliterated him :hestonpls

Madara continues to take Ls after Ls from losing the war against senju to losing grace from the village in favorable for Tobirama to become hokage, to losing his support from the Uchiha clan and died losing to Hashirama as a result to spent hundreds of years at his death bed until Obito came and then when he finally resurrected only for him to be victimized by a lesser tier who later turned him into a woman.

Madara doesn't deserve to be credible as the final villains and I'm glad the show continues shed on light that Madara isn't worth brought up, especially in the current state of the battledome. Kishi shitting on Madara was the best decision he ever made.

Sparks

Repopulating History
I'm so glad madara got the greatest L the naruto series ever had and Boruto continues to add the mockery of Foddera by having the Ootsutrski taking his place as greater entity while stripped away his name and history from the 4th war since there are followers of the Ootustski cult who wanted the Infinite Tsukoyomi.

This makes Madara an Ootsutski followers who wanted Utopia. This guy Boro definitely knows how to persuade people and get alot of people to follow him . This same level of deep complex philosophy that Madara was pursuing is something that he never was able to achieved.

Madara is the biggest loser who can't have anyone to follow him even his own brethren of the Uchiha clan except Zetsu and obito both of which backstabbed and obliterated him :hestonpls

Madara continues to take Ls after Ls from losing the war against senju to losing grace from the village in favorable for Tobirama to become hokage, to losing his support from the Uchiha clan and died losing to Hashirama as a result to spent hundreds of years at his death bed until Obito came and then when he finally resurrected only for him to be victimized by a lesser tier who later turned him into a woman.

Madara doesn't deserve to be credible as the final villains and I'm glad the show continues shed on light that Madara isn't worth brought up, especially in the current state of the battledome. Kishi shitting on Madara was the best decision he ever made.

I agree completely, except MLK and Boro being in juxtaposition in any way, shape, or form.

Fused

The Absolute God
while stripped away his name and history from the 4th war
Try again dupe, your trolling is trash and you should feel bad:

Madara is basically the Hitler of the Naruto World, all children will learn in school that the world united against him during the last world war. Is this a good legacy? No. Is this a legacy? Yes, so don't say "BORO" (LMAO!) was more memorable than Madara because you're stupid.

Last edited:

blk

Also this.

Boro is underrated lol.

New Folder

all children will learn in school that the world united against him during the last world war.
they united against Obito actually. :hm

Madara was just a fodder who lasted a few hours. People always mention how he was born in a war-torn era ...etc etc
but then he couldn't even last 1 day in a war without getting killed. :mjlol

Fused

The Absolute God
they united against Obito actually.
But no one cares about Obito because he was just a brat who died in some random battle during the Third World War :zaru

Meanwhile everyone knows Madara because he was the legendary leader of the Uchiha Clan (the strongest back during the Warring States Era), Co-Founder of the Hidden Leaf Village and Modern Ninja system, and one of the strongest warriors in history. So much so that they carved an entire valley in his and Hashirama's image.

And besides Obito was using Madara's identity and going around calling himself "Madara", have you forgotten that :pepethink

but then he couldn't even last 1 day in a war without getting killed.
And actually succeeded in just 1 day in completing his plan, the Eye of the Moon Plan, and would have won if Black Zetsu didn't betray him.

Or did you also forget that Madara successfully launched the Infinite Tsukuyomi and took control of the entire Human populace :mjlol In one day Madara accomplished more than anyone else did in their entire miserable lives.

Alita

Alita>You
First off the war arc was kishi at his worst not best, secondly madara's overrated ass is no where near the best character or villain in naruto, 3rd daemon is a kid so his behavior makes sense and code only "loves" aida cause of her ability which was forced on him against his will. It's not a genuine love and if you bothered actually following the series properly you would know this.
I smell butthurt
He is forever butthurt since BZ took out madara. :kanyelul

blk

but then he couldn't even last 1 day in a war without getting killed. :mjlol

True lol.

Madara stans always emphasize his "experience" and such (and put it above thousand years old Otsutsukis lol)... but when you look at the feats the dude really lasted only a dozen hours in an actual conflict...

So much for all his supposed experience :fatcat

Donaldgloveralt

Madara stans always emphasize his "experience" and such (and put it above thousand years old Otsutsukis lol)... but when you look at the feats the dude really lasted only a dozen hours in an actual conflict...

Madara was soloing everyone until kishi pulled Zetsu from his ass :kobeha

New Folder

True lol.

and even that is mostly due to the fact that he is an ET. :lmao
otherwise, he would have been killed against the Gokage
or JJ Obito blowing him up with the 4 TBBs
or Lee when he cut him in half...etc

he should be thankful that he had a limitless amount of chakra to last for as long as he did. :mjlol

New Folder

Madara was soloing everyone until kishi pulled Zetsu from his ass :kobeha
you speak as if Kishi didn't pull a million things out of his ass to make madara seem strong or stay relevant. :lmao

> Susanoo with no eyes when Gaara was about to seal him
> absorbing SM chakra from Hashirama who wasn't using SM
> absorbing chakra at all when he was missing his Rinnegan
> when the Bijuu attacked him (with only Taijutsu, for convenience) he lost his arm just for him to cut Zetsu's arm and attached it
to him as if it were a piece of lego. :lmao

besides other endless amounts of asspulls, and everyone being hit with PIS & CIS. :lmao

Top Bottom