Wallpaper help

kyubisharingan

もうすぐ沖縄に行くよ!待てない!
Well im looking for someone to who can help me make a wallpaper out of a pic i drew or making it out of a manga cover. What r the steps of doing this? Someone please help me out. I basically wanna know the process of taking a pic i drew or took from a manga cover, and making it into a wallpaper.

For making wallpaper, you need to start with a high resolution scan of the image. A 640x480 image would look very jagged and ugly if your monitor is set to 1600x1200 so somewghere in 1024x768 or better should be good. If your drawing or image from manga is tall oriented, you would need to either resize and fill in the extra space in a pleasing manner or crop the image so the resulting image is wide to fit standard monitors.

If you don't have a scanner, find a friend who does. They are around $30 for a cheap USB scanner that can do whole A4 and letter size image so hardly any reason not to have one. smile-big

Windows, it's fairly easy to set it. I don't know how it's done in all versions but with XP, just double-click it to open picture and fax viewer (default image viewer), righ-click it and select "Set as Desktop Background" or go into Display control panel and select desktop. You may need to select stretch option rather than center or title option.

Other versions of Windows, use Display CP and browse to the file to make it desktop. You will need to enable active desktop on older version of Windows (95, 98, etc) to make this work. I don't think a full screen wallpaper works on pre WIn 95 unless you made them a BMP file rather than JPG.

I have not used Macintosh much since OS 8.1 but all OS from 8.0 and up, there should be a Desktop control panel that can be used to set a full screen wallpaper. I know System 7.1 and older OS don't support full screen or large patterns naitively and will need a 3rd party software to manipulate. System 6 and older IIRC are B&W only. I can't remember if System 7.5 and 7.6 can do full screen wallpaper or if they still need 3rd party software.

Wilykat said:
For making wallpaper, you need to start with a high resolution scan of the image. A 640x480 image would look very jagged and ugly if your monitor is set to 1600x1200 so somewghere in 1024x768 or better should be good. If your drawing or image from manga is tall oriented, you would need to either resize and fill in the extra space in a pleasing manner or crop the image so the resulting image is wide to fit standard monitors.

If you don't have a scanner, find a friend who does. They are around $30 for a cheap USB scanner that can do whole A4 and letter size image so hardly any reason not to have one. smile-big

Windows, it's fairly easy to set it. I don't know how it's done in all versions but with XP, just double-click it to open picture and fax viewer (default image viewer), righ-click it and select "Set as Desktop Background" or go into Display control panel and select desktop. You may need to select stretch option rather than center or title option.

Other versions of Windows, use Display CP and browse to the file to make it desktop. You will need to enable active desktop on older version of Windows (95, 98, etc) to make this work. I don't think a full screen wallpaper works on pre WIn 95 unless you made them a BMP file rather than JPG.

I have not used Macintosh much since OS 8.1 but all OS from 8.0 and up, there should be a Desktop control panel that can be used to set a full screen wallpaper. I know System 7.1 and older OS don't support full screen or large patterns naitively and will need a 3rd party software to manipulate. System 6 and older IIRC are B&W only. I can't remember if System 7.5 and 7.6 can do full screen wallpaper or if they still need 3rd party software.

Thanks, i already have a scanner. Lets see, lets say i want to take a Naruto character from one of the Naruto manga covers. I ONLY want the character, not the BG. How could i CUT out the character from the manga cover? Lets use this

I wanna make a BG from my Bro's PSP, his fav character is neji so since this is a basic Neji pic, i want Neji by himself. How do i do that?

In that case you'd need to know about the paint program you use (Photoshop) and carefully edit out so only the image you wanted shows, colorize them, etc. Coloring isn't an easy thing to do as it takes practice and lots of time to make it look good.

Since I'm not a pro on cropping existing artwork and making them look good, you'd need to find someone who is very familiar with Photoshop and can help you though. Sorry, my knowledge with Photoshop is no better than MS Paint :(

Back
Top Bottom