• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Trump on Jan. 6 insurrection: 'These were great people'

reiatsuflow

He did try. Repeatedly. Literally tried to use the pandemic to 'postpone' the election.

I remember something like that but I forgot who was doing it. It was such a whirlwind.

That's too bad. But at least it didn't work. That's a big factor in this stuff too and why sometimes people like SOG are harder on the left than the right; the left is in power right now, not just in politics but especially in culture, so when they attempt things it's sometimes more dangerous than when donald trump rants about something. Not always, but sometimes.

I just posted an article in the convo about trump trying to get rid of the filibuster when republicans had a majority and being angry with mitch mcconnell for stopping him, so he definitely made attempts to bulldoze over lots of things in a vie for power.

I thought trump was against postponing the election because he thought he was guaranteed to win or something.
Yes, he was for postponing the election before it was called, but once it was called, he was against postponing it confounding people showing up to the polls after E-Day and mail-in ballots being counted.

Cardboard Tube Knight

I remember something like that but I forgot who was doing it. It was such a whirlwind.

That's too bad. But at least it didn't work. That's a big factor in this stuff too and why sometimes people like SOG are harder on the left than the right; the left is in power right now, not just in politics but especially in culture, so when they attempt things it's sometimes more dangerous than when donald trump rants about something. Not always, but sometimes.

I just posted an article in the convo about trump trying to get rid of the filibuster when republicans had a majority and being angry with mitch mcconnell for stopping him, so he definitely made attempts to bulldoze over lots of things in a vie for power.
SOG is harder on the left because he's not really a reasonable person and he's just as ass backwards as some of you are, he just hates America a lot and wants it to fail at the same time.

Ruthless Tsuchikage

But Goku has been hyper critical of the Democrats and incredibly forgiving of Trump even when Trump was still in power. And in countries where far right dictatorships have swept the left off the board he's not any harsher on the right.

And the left isn't even in charge in America. Its a center right administration with varying degrees of support from the left because the alternative right now is fascism. I don't see the left to be particularly dominant in culture either. We do see a shift in culture but that's the conservative domination in culture being penetrated which they are hugely uncomfortable about.

Last edited:

Solsikke

Peaceful but capable of violence
I really love how the media formalized this event as an insurrection. As if the people who attended it were some sort of revolutionaries. I bet if they were POC or BLM protestors or someone else, this would be called an act of terrorism or rioting and looting.

makeoutparadise

I will have my revenge
I really love how the media formalized this event as an insurrection. As if the people who attended it were some sort of revolutionaries. I bet if they were POC or BLM protestors or someone else, this would be called an act of terrorism or rioting and looting.
Insurrection is more strong a term than riot and I think thats why they used it

Cardboard Tube Knight

It goes Protests then Riots then insurrection then maybe coup or revolt
A riot doesn't really go in line with these things, a protest can still be violent and the like. Rioting doesn't have to be against authority technically. Like a crowd disturbing the peace is a riot, but that is kind of vague.

An Insurrection is violently uprising against the government or authority which is why they used it because these people were acting against the government doing what it is designed and supposed to do

makeoutparadise

I will have my revenge
A riot doesn't really go in line with these things, a protest can still be violent and the like. Rioting doesn't have to be against authority technically. Like a crowd disturbing the peace is a riot, but that is kind of vague.

An Insurrection is violently uprising against the government or authority which is why they used it because these people were acting against the government doing what it is designed and supposed to do
I suppose but I have heard the phrase “The peaceful protests turn into a riot” in some news cast or another

Last edited:

SuperSaiyaMan12

The Seventh Hokage's arrived.
I know, and it really pisses me. This is supposed to be a media outlet.
The only way its going to stop is if there's actually consequences.

Edit: What I wouldn't give for a time machine to convince Ford not to pardon Nixon and make Impeachment rules for Presidents as well as the bar procedure to them (to the point where if the 'jury' which was the Repulican Senate in 2020 and 2021) couldn't block the prosecution of a President.

Last edited:
Top Bottom