To stray away from DBZ...

forkandspoon

The only things that never end
So the creators of Naruto where a little worried about being to much like DBZ alla the naruto vs oro battle. So they come up with something the DBZ creators never thought of. This whole elemental chakra and affinity thing sounds like something that was drawn on a napkin durring a lunch break or something.

Only so many types of fighting you can design for a semi-modernistic ninja world before they start becoming redundant or derivative. Hell, every story told has been told before, pretty much. Only like 7 basic story types after all. It's all in the telling. Just hope it's told with heart and humor. I don't mind seeing some stuff i've seen before long as it's done well =)

forkandspoon said:
This whole elemental chakra and affinity thing sounds like something that was drawn on a napkin durring a lunch break or something.
It sounds like Captain Planet.

forkandspoon said:
So the creators of Naruto where a little worried about being to much like DBZ alla the naruto vs oro battle. So they come up with something the DBZ creators never thought of.

Did you mean were? and too

uchiha_madara said:
Did you mean were? And too?

I'm pretty sure he meant to use those words. Just remember alot of posters in NF are not original English speakers. Also alliteration is one of the most difficult aspects of learning the English language. I still get where and were mixed up. Just relax on the post spell checking, we are not expecting to be graded on NF for poor diction. Besides, there are bigger fish to fry on these boards if spelling, context, capitalization and punctuation are such a big deal to you.

P.S. I fixed your quote for you. smile-big

Last edited:
Naruto essentialy became DBZ when almost all of the fights became nothing more than jutsu stand offs. I see close to no cqc, next to nothing in trickery (something ninjas are legendary for) and damn near no proper shuriken usage.

Kind like when DBZ became nothing more than a giant "lets see who throw the bigger ball of energy and go SSJchristitshouldhavestoppedatone" contest.

Still love the manga to death though.

naruto will forever be linked with dbz as long as...

hermits are perverted
being blond makes you powerful
being a main character means that you have to be able to withstand ungodly amounts of punishment
no matter how strong your enemies get, you can get stronger
getting a billion times stronger can always be condensed into a short time period
all legendary heros can teleport
and most important of all,

seeing hot chicks gives nose bleeds.

Let us also not forget that Kishimoto LOVES DBZ and his work was heavilly influenced by it.

But that's easy to understand seeing as how DBZ has been around since practically the beggining and most newer Mangaka grew up with it.

It's like The Simpsons of Shounen Manga.

quote: "Simpsons did it!, Simpsons did it!"

pwny express said:
naruto will forever be linked with dbz as long as...

hermits are perverted
being blond makes you powerful
being a main character means that you have to be able to withstand ungodly amounts of punishment
no matter how strong your enemies get, you can get stronger
getting a billion times stronger can always be condensed into a short time period
all legendary heros can teleport
and most important of all,

seeing hot chicks gives nose bleeds.

You forget narutos outfit, blue orange (goku) black and orange (yamcha? i think) also sarutobis extending pole (young goku) =/.

Naruto ( doesnt know who his parents are finds himself in a this village and ppl take care of him so to speak )
Goku ( doesnt know who his parents are finds himself in a village and being taken care of by an old man )
Sauske ( parents killed and seeks revenge for them naruto's biggest rival)
Vegeta ( parents got pwn by freeza and seeks revenge, goku his biggest rival)
DBZ right there lol

4th's Legacy said:
I'm pretty sure he meant to use those words. Just remember alot of posters in NF are not original English speakers.
I learned English in a school and have never spoken that fucked up.
And heres something to think of, how can a manga avoid being DBZ-ish? Every manga goes that way, as characters power up..

Back
Top Bottom