• Possible to see own rep. Its not perfect yet ;) The feature is temporarily disabled due to corrections that have to be made to the values. There will be no more negative reputations. Reputations are meant for positive appreciation or fair criticism. Spread love, not hate :)
  • It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • We are currently testing encrypted messages. See the "Conversation by key" option within the conversations.
  • Voting for Drawing Contest 6 has started!
    drawing contest 06 vote
    Click [HERE] and [HERE] to vote
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

The Wheel of Time

Nic

The Wheel of time is fucking humongous, they will have to cut a lot of content for the show
Meh they are still casting main characters that appear in book 1 for season 2. They are definitely not rushing things. Also let's be honest, books 8-10 were a drag. They can cut a lot that out.

Oddjutsu

logical enemy
Meh they are still casting main characters that appear in book 1 for season 2. They are definitely not rushing things. Also let's be honest, books 8-10 were a drag. They can cut a lot that out.
I want everything, 100% books to tv conversion rate

Lasker

A 2 min clip :
Spoiler:

and a new poster:
Spoiler:

I am keeping the previous poster for the presentation of the first post.

Brian

          
Not a fan of that poster looks like an intern put that together :crazwhat but the Winespring inn looks great, Pike is fitting as Moraine.

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
Looks quite well made. I'm avoiding spoilers. But at the moment, the first book is what I'm reading commuting or on my break at work. So I should catch up in time.

I've really enjoyed the first book so far.
The first Earthsea book is a pretty obviousy comparison to make. But I prefer Wheel of Time so far.
Spoiler:

I definitely prefer Rand to Ged. He's quite believably as a simple farmhand who could discover a great destiny. His personality flows out naturally from his thoughts rather than being shoved in our faces. He's smart but not a genius. Strong and hardworking, but with a normal skillset with someone from his background.

He also shockingly isn't an edgelord (yet).

Even thought it spends a long time in Two Rivers, it doesn't feel as slow paced as the first third of the first Earthsea book. I guess because its about a small group of rounded characters. Rather than having a massive infodump of places and names who aren't part of a real conversation.

I'm guessing the show will split its first couple of episodes between Two Rivers stuff and introducing later plot points.

It doesn't feel like they're just delving into characters and places that will be completely irrelevant. Even though I'm sure a lot of the villagers probably won't be important for long.

Lord Melkor

I have updated the first post with some new info : the dates of each episode (the first three are released the same day, and the last on Dec 24), and the composer, Lorne Balfe.

From a Q&A with Rafe, Season 1 will cover Book 1 with some parts of Book 2 and 3, while some part of Book 1 will bé kept for Season 2.

Almost finished ! All the final books are great.

Have you finished the series @Shizune?

Nightfall

Yeah I think I stopped reading them at that point eons ago and never picked them up again. One of those books was excruciatingly poorly written and stuffed with filler. Then the author sadly passed away, but Sanderson apparently did a good job of concluding the series. At that point though I had already read a great variety of stuff so I had no interest in picking up where I left off.

As far as the tv show goes they can do what they want. I might watch a few episodes to see how it is, but no expectations really.

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
So is this series Adult in nature?
Like Game of Thrones?

I am not talking about story having any similarity but age rating.

Nic

Season 2 is already in production. If they’re going with the “adapt 2 books per season” route, then we should be getting Dumais Wells as the end of season 3
i don't think they are going for two books a season. Elaine's character wasn't casted until season 2 and she plays a major role in book 2.

Nic

The books are alright for a younger audience as well. Nothing particularly explicit.. if you're worried on behalf of someone you know.
Yeah it certainly has the same political elements that GOT had, maybe even more.... However, you're not going to get the same type of nudity for certain.

~Avant~

Eveningstar
i don't think they are going for two books a season. Elaine's character wasn't casted until season 2 and she plays a major role in book 2.
We know they included things in book 2 in the first season. Mostly because roughly the first three books of WoT are a bit similar to LotR in nature.

Nic

We know they included things in book 2 in the first season. Mostly because roughly the first three books of WoT are a bit similar to LotR in nature.
True enough if the focus is on Rand's narrative specifically. However even there the main villains have yet to be casted for those books. Instead the showrunners are expanding logains story to add action to the first season that it would lack otherwise. If it followed the first book to a t. Having daid that books 4-6 are hands down the best written books in fantasy for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom