The Umbrella Academy | Netflix

Djomla

Wait, number 7 is a dude now so as not to hurt fragile emotions of the actress turned actor playing it?

Woke, woke, and more woke. How much you want it? Moree

Skaddix

Wait, number 7 is a dude now so as not to hurt fragile emotions of the actress turned actor playing it?

I mean they
Spoiler:
I mean they killed the black guy first and turned Allison into a rapist not exactly the most woke product I think...maybe it will follow into Star Wars ST where you can hate it from the right or the left or purely on the narrative with none of that. To me the season was weak in terms of CGI, didn't deliver on the premise of interactions between the two Acadamies and was mostly aimless

Velocity

The Writing Writer

Ah yes, "woke". So you're another one of those people that goes around calling everything you don't like "woke", huh? Real mature of you.

They're just being respectful to Elliot Page by not asking him to continue portraying a woman in the show. It doesn't hurt anyone, it doesn't change anything, it's just being considerate.

You do know what that word means, right? Or is your brain so overcome by shit you heard on Fox News that you forgot how to say anything other than "woke"?

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
bruh allison is wilding out this season wtf
Yeah, part of it makes sense because she seems to be the only person who gives a shit that her daughter stopped existing. But some of her actions are inexcusable.
Then again, the whole damned group were kind of a shitshow this season. Most of them just gave up on saving the world and focused on their personal lives. They are deliberately and profound failures at heroics. TBH I really hope there isn't another apocalypse in Season 4.

There was a lot of stuff that made it worth watching though. The bus catch scene was funny, it remains the superhero show with the most interesting cinematography, and the music had some strong choices.

Last edited:

Chrono

Wow this season was really bad compared to the others. It seems like they just wrote anything they wanted whether it made sense or not....and they butchered a lot of characters. It feels like an entirely different show. They shouldve just made it 8 episodes...cause episode 8 and 9 were unnesscary. But yh I dont think theres any way to save this show. Like non of it even makes sense anymore

Velocity

The Writing Writer
Then again, the whole damned group were kind of a shitshow this season. Most of them just gave up on saving the world and focused on their personal lives.
In their defence they're not really heroes. They were basically kidnapped and raised by a horrible man that lied to them, abused them physically and mentally, drugged them and always intended to sacrifice them to bring back his dead wife and then when everything fell apart he promptly killed himself so not only would he escape any responsibility for his actions but so that his "children" would never get closure.

They were never really cut out for this "save the universe" thing and there was a lot of unresolved tension and many, many trust issues that none of them really got to address because the world kept freefalling into one apocalypse after another.

Top Bottom