Naruto The Ultimate Jinchuuriki: The Uzumaki Naruto FC

Gen D

God, the title just reminds me what happened in BORUTO and it still frustrates me.

What a way to viciously deconstruct a character.

All for the wrong reasons, an all in the worst ways.

-Ziltoid-

mostly retired
God, the title just reminds me what happened in BORUTO and it still frustrates me.

What a way to viciously deconstruct a character.

All for the wrong reasons, an all in the worst ways.
Just treat it as if it didn't happen. Like Dragonball GT :lmao

-Ziltoid-

mostly retired
Oh, I try.
So much Fanfiction does it better.
Aye.
It's particularly painful because it is so damn easy to imagine how the spinoff could be better. I mean, if they'd just made Boruto the (great-)grandson of Naruto, many things would have made much more sense. The technological advances, for instance. Also, no need to senselessly nerf Naruto or Sasuke for the sake of making a genin look competent.

Or... well, just don't insert more fucking aliens in the damn story :facepalm

Granted, the art would still be mediocre, the action sequences would still feel more like a dragonball ripoff than what we once had in Naruto, and the story would probably not be much better than the half-arsed stuff we get in the manga now. But still.

Sigh.

Part of me still has trouble believing how far the Naruto franchise has fallen.

-Ziltoid-

mostly retired
it was already too late for that... :catshrug
Kaguya was a clusterfuck of dreadful writing, yes, but that didn't mean that more of those mistakes should've been thrown into the franchise. Or, at the very least, if those abominations have to appear they should've been fleshed out more- to be a character and not just a plot device.

Oh well. Not that it even matter anymore, not at this point.

New Folder

Kaguya was a clusterfuck of dreadful writing, yes, but that didn't mean that more of those mistakes should've been thrown into the franchise. Or, at the very least, if those abominations have to appear they should've been fleshed out more- to be a character and not just a plot device.

Oh well. Not that it even matter anymore, not at this point.
the problem wasn't only Kaguya.
the original Manga already introduced 5 of them (Kaguya, her sons, a her 2 grandsons)
and then the last brought Toneri and expanded a bit on Hamura
and then Boruto the movie brought Momoshiki & Kinshiki

all that was Kishi's doing.

from there, it's impossible for the Manga (Boruto) to act as if they do not exist. :catshrug
even then, the only new one it introduced so far is Isshiki. We are already nearly 6 years in. :catshrug

-Ziltoid-

mostly retired
There was no obligation for the writers to continue with the Otsutsuki as a focus.
First law of manga: shit always escalates.

Look at dragonball, how things escalated from superior martial arts (with ki blasts, etc) to the various 'super' forms and planet-destroying powerlevels. Naruto essentially did the same thing. At one point the mangekyo sharingan was the ultimate dojutsu, then the legendary rinnegan is introduced as the most powerful thing in history (similar for perfect sage mode), only for Kishi to pull more powers out of his ass... a part of me hoped that this escalation would stop (or be 'reset') with the start of Boruto. I mean, we begin with genin characters. But somehow the writers got it in their heads to continue from where Naruto ended. Except in such a way that it destroys what was established for the old generation, with Naruto and Sasuke getting the worst of it (being dumbed down, nerfed, and then having their powers crippled).

...it actually feels as if they attempt to counterbalance poor writing with needless powerups. Forgetting that the most momentous powerup are only remembered and impressive because of good storywriting. For example: Naruto losing his shit against the Six Paths of Pain had such an emotional load because of what happened to Jiraiya, Hinata, and Konoha. Take away the story around it, and the fight would've been rather forgettable.

Kinda like how ever fight in Boruto thus far has been forgettable. :catshrug
the problem wasn't only Kaguya.
the original Manga already introduced 5 of them (Kaguya, her sons, a her 2 grandsons)
and then the last brought Toneri and expanded a bit on Hamura
and then Boruto the movie brought Momoshiki & Kinshiki

all that was Kishi's doing.

from there, it's impossible for the Manga (Boruto) to act as if they do not exist. :catshrug
even then, the only new one it introduced so far is Isshiki. We are already nearly 6 years in. :catshrug
True. But... what character development have we had in those six years? Isshiki still seems like a generic villain to me, though perhaps he's been fleshed out a bit more in the anime. Kara, or whatever the organisation is called, still feels like a joke. No... I long for the time we had villains like Orochimaru, Itachi, Pein, or even Madara.

At least those characters had strong ties in the story with our heroes.

Sword Sage

Swordsman in Training

This form became a huge badass that made me think about how this could’ve or how should’ve been in the original manga during the War arc fighting Madara. I realized how his Bayron Mode could like crush Madara in single combat. Without teamwork, no Sage mode, or free power ups from six path sage. It was pure Bijuu with raw power and speed and strength that pushed the body to limit. Which it should’ve been establishing because think about this. From the beginning the Bijuu Fox was supposed to be Naruto hyped up power then gets degraded or pushed aside for favoring the Uchiha Sharingan power that became a red herring in the end.

SoulFire

Venerable Sage

This form became a huge badass that made me think about how this could’ve or how should’ve been in the original manga during the War arc fighting Madara. I realized how his Bayron Mode could like crush Madara in single combat. Without teamwork, no Sage mode, or free power ups from six path sage. It was pure Bijuu with raw power and speed and strength that pushed the body to limit. Which it should’ve been establishing because think about this. From the beginning the Bijuu Fox was supposed to be Naruto hyped up power then gets degraded or pushed aside for favoring the Uchiha Sharingan power that became a red herring in the end.
Tbh, this form did nothing for me (or Naruto, for that matter). Like most of the Boruto franchise, I consider it poor fiction.

Sword Sage

Swordsman in Training
Yeah
Tbh, this form did nothing for me (or Naruto, for that matter). Like most of the Boruto franchise, I consider it poor fiction.
I would’ve loved it better if it be more Beast Mode like how has just fox ears, nine tails, hyper masculine body, taller with feral face with fangs and claws.

Top Bottom