Naruto The Supporting Shadow: Boruto Uzumaki FC

slicey

Young Lord
Tbh, I think the Jōgan is what will grant Boruto what we're looking for in his moveset.

Take a look at the 4 Momoshiki abilities I listed above, and you'll notice they aren't particularly groundbreaking.

1. Momoshiki can shape constructs out of surroundings, but we've seen that before in the form of Hashirama creating wooden constructs, Susanoo, etc.

2. Black receivers have been used by other Rinnegan such as Nagato, Obito, and Madara.

3. Hair manipulation has been employed by Jiraiya and Kaguya.

4. Kinshiki's ability to create weapons is shared by Susanoo users, who can create a wide range of weapons such as bow & arrows, swords, shields, etc.

The Jōgan may present us with an ability that's never been seen before, and that's what I want to see.
Jougan :ohyou

Sparks

I can't wait for the day the deniers are proven wrong :franky
It's possible that Ada and Daemon's powers are derived from specific dojutsu or combinations of dojutsu from Shibai.

For example, Kaguya's Yomotsu Hirasaka is stated to be only a jutsu she can use as she possesses Byakugan, Rinnegan, and Sharingan.

Boruto, who has Hyuuga + Otsutsuki Byakugan genetics, and Hagoromo (Ashura/body) + Otsutsuki Rinnegan genetics, may awaken a more powerful ability through the Jougan than either Ada or Daemon's powers.

JH24

That looks stunning! The realistic artstyle works well here.

Just by looking at Boruto's eyes you can tell those are the eyes of someone who has been through a lot.

Sparks

That looks stunning! The realistic artstyle works well here.

Just by looking at Boruto's eyes you can tell those are the eyes of someone who has been through a lot.
Indeed. And he hasn't even received the scar in that image yet either.

Sparks

What do you all think Sasuke's upcoming role will be?

>Will he fight against Kawaki by himself or will he team up with Boruto to do so? Would be cool to see some master/student combos now that the two are closer in power than ever before. Given Sasuke's reaction previously about not being around to deal with Momoshiki's rampage, I think he's probably still within the village.

>Boruto and Kawaki's confrontation results in Momoshiki taking over Boruto as Momo previously stated, and Sasuke is the only one who is able to tell that it is Momoshiki in control due to his residual sensory ability.

>Something else?

Boruto

>Will he fight against Kawaki by himself or will he team up with Boruto to do so? Would be cool to see some master/student combos now that the two are closer in power than ever before. Given Sasuke's reaction previously about not being around to deal with Momoshiki's rampage, I think he's probably still within the village.

>Boruto and Kawaki's confrontation results in Momoshiki taking over Boruto as Momo previously stated, and Sasuke is the only one who is able to tell that it is Momoshiki in control due to his residual sensory ability.

>Something else?
Hoping that he and Boruto team up, yeah. Sasuke sensing Momoshiki if he acts sneaky would be nice too.

Altiora Night

Gwynbleidd
Momoshiki seeing Boruto's fate since back then and stating that Boruto recently saw what Momoshiki had seen... leads me to believe that the visions are from Boruto's point of view.

In reference to the visions, Momoshiki stated that Boruto would be losing everything, so it being his point of view in all of the panels would make sense.

Assuming so, what may have angered Mitsuki this much, and leading multiple konoha shinobi (including Sarada & Shikadai) to track him ?

As for the panel with Kawaki, needless to say that what's going on is pretty self-explanatory. :lmao

JH24

Momoshiki seeing Boruto's fate since back then and stating that Boruto recently saw what Momoshiki had seen... leads me to believe that the visions are from Boruto's point of view.
That is a very good point. I had never considered that. I just thought it was a given it was about Kawaki, but if is this really is from Boruto's POV... it would put those visions into a new perspective.

>Something else?

I'm definitely hoping as well Boruto and Sasuke team up. If, for some reason, the entirety of Konoha village turns against Boruto, then I can see Sasuke taking Boruto's side and escape the village together. (If Sasuke survives the upcoming battles, but he would definitely be on Boruto's side)

Last edited:

Altiora Night

Gwynbleidd
@Sparks @slicey
Memory's a bit iffy, so I'd very much appreciate your assistance on a query.

Do you recall Boruto's Jōgan activations in the presence of Nue-influenced individuals (Metal, Denki, etc.) ?

The purple aura emanating from the influenced individuals... was it chakra (Nue's) or something else ?

Because I do recall Chengxi Huang noting a similarity between that ability and Naruto's ability to sense negative emotions thanks to Kurama.

slicey

Young Lord
@Sparks @slicey

Do you recall Boruto's Jōgan activations in the presence of Nue-influenced individuals (Metal, Denki, etc.) ?

The purple aura emanating from the influenced individuals... was it chakra (Nue's) or something else ?

Because I do recall Chengxi Huang noting a similarity between that ability and Naruto's ability to sense negative emotions thanks to Kurama.
Pretty sure it was some sort of chakra, i remember Boruto saying "chakra?" in that arc, indicating that that's what it was. He was also able to see the thread connecting Nue and Sumire iirc, and since chakra is a connective force... :catshrug

And yes, that's what Huang said.

Sparks

@Sparks @slicey

I believe Boruto stated that the "ghost" could only latch onto targets with troubled mindsets because Sumire herself had suppressed her issues.

Once a target is linked to the Nue, their negative emotions get amplified and the targets end up acting on those impulses: Denki trying to derail the train, Shino attacking Boruto/Mitsuki, etc. The Nue can drain the targets chakra during this time and funnel it into the Gozu Tennou.

We also see the purple aura fade once a person goes through a change of heart. We see that with Sumire as the aura flickers as she starts to doubt her mission and the aura eventually dissipates.

>So either Boruto is seeing the Nue's chakra link to the target fade with their emotions, the target's amplified negative emotions...or both.

>If it was the Nue's chakra, then it wasn't picked up by the sensory division or even Naruto's Sage Mode. That could be due to the dimensional properties of the Nue or the fact that it was negative emotions being visualized.

@slicey I just realized that with Naruto and Hinata gone, Boruto will not be able to show Naruto his Jougan after Naruto initially doubted him.

Last edited:

JH24

:catflip

Hopefully Boruto will be the one to save his parents (with the aid of the Jougan) rather than Kawaki eventually bringing them back :gglife
I hope so too. Kawaki has no right to come anywhere near Naruto or Hinata after what he has done.

It does make me wonder if Kawaki put Naruto and Hinata into a dimension where they can live normally or if they're in a kind of stasis. I have no idea how those abilities work.

Top Bottom