• CC
    PotW is back with a special edition Happy Holidays!
    ~Deadline to enter is Monday, December the 19th at 9 PM UTC.

The OGs Revealed - the Thread

deltaniner

Primera Espada
Alright ya'll, who you banking on the winner of the Warcrime Olympics between em (Minus Yama and Yachiru)

My money's on one of these four:
Eye patch Riruka
Glasses chick
Decrepit old man
Proto-Mayuri

Sablés

Alright ya'll, who you banking on the winner of the Warcrime Olympics between em (Minus Yama and Yachiru)

Eye patch Riruka
Glasses chick
Decrepit old man
Proto-Mayuri
Sho tucker's design is too boring. He's gonna be a freak to compensate.

deltaniner

Primera Espada
We ever get a flashback, I wanna see these mofos be fucking vile. Taking a seat, drenched in blood while competing over who razed the most villages over the weekend. Drinking from the skulls of their enemies, slaughtering all who oppose them with a smile on their face.

deltaniner

Primera Espada
Here's my current headcanon for the fur collar guy:

His name is Enrakyoten Tsunayashiro, and he had his Zanpakuto (That would later become the clan's family Zan) commissioned directly from Nimaiya and named after himself.

12771a

The Warrior of Cosmos
Awesome pic from kubo. The character designs are really varied and I can't wait to see more of these guys. The tall grey haired lady on the right, eye patch girl and the old man are ones that i really want to know more about.

Skaddix

Here's my current headcanon for the fur collar guy:

His name is Enrakyoten Tsunayashiro, and he had his Zanpakuto (That would later become the clan's family Zan) commissioned directly from Nimaiya and named after himself.

I think at this point it might all be direct commissions.

Cirsium

Eye patch Riruka
Glasses chick
Decrepit old man
Proto-Mayuri
My money is on the old man, the crazy guy with the cowl and glasses girl (because in anime, if the girl looks cute and innocent there are chances she may be cray-cray). Captain Riruka is probably just a blood knight character.

TomPen94

This text is part of Aizen's plan
I'm leaning toward not!Hanekawa cuz she looks way too chill for a supposed group of criminals and killers, there's definitely something else going on with her. Not!Zouken should be the creepiest one with the least pleasant looking kills, but I don't think he'll score that many of them.

GilDLax

It isn't.
because 4 of the RG are already strong prior to joining? LMAO

Baseless and confusing take, they literally gain strength just from training in the Royal Realm. If they needed a member to become strong, taking them to the Soul King Palace is the most direct route.
Except the 4 that showcase the bold are all vice-captain and above. Where's your evidence even a no-name noobs can be boosted to the current RG level?

You're the one who is baseless in your assumption.

TrueTrueTrue

Hes done no harm to bleach. Novel slander by niggas who dont read does more harm to bleach. Imma write a 10K word essay on this hooligan hate later.

MShadows

Deathbat
Hes done no harm to bleach. Novel slander by niggas who dont read does more harm to bleach. Imma write a 10K word essay on this hooligan hate later.
I think they’re referring to his retarded sense of power scaling. The story and lore behind CFYOW is actually great, the power scaling? Nah.

Sablés

I think they’re referring to his retarded sense of power scaling. The story and lore behind CFYOW is actually great, the power scaling? Nah.
Nah, I wouldn't want Narita touching the OG SS from a story perspective either.
I'm curious if some of you have read his other works.

MShadows

Deathbat
Nah, I wouldn't want Narita touching the OG SS from a story perspective either.
I'm curious if some of you have read his other works.
I haven’t actually read any of the Bleach novels. I’ve only read info dumps and some sections of the CFYOW one, which I enjoyed as a story.

I know SAFWY is hot garbage tho.

Sablés

I haven’t actually read any of the Bleach novels. I’ve only read info dumps and some sections of the CFYOW one, which I enjoyed as a story.

I know SAFWY is hot garbage tho.
Not even those. Just his usual works. Narita can't and doesn't write real edge, or the sort of malicious atmosphere that Kubo has going on for the OG 13. He'd water them down 100%.

MShadows

Deathbat
Not even those. Just his usual works. Narita can't and doesn't write real edge, or the sort of malicious atmosphere that Kubo has going on for the OG 13. He'd water them down 100%.
Well, in that case it all rests in Kubo’s hands or a potential new writer.
I wouldn’t even mind it if one of Kubo’s assistants (any notable ones?) would take it up to drawing a TBTP mini-arc provided the art is good and they can capture that iconic Bleach feeling.

In terms of artists, there’s a couple of dudes on twitter that have nearly identical art to that of Kubo’s.

Stannis

Based
Yama arrives in hell only to find out the OG are wreaking havoc and turned complete evil

first scene of yama vs OG be like

Hell arc when

TrueTrueTrue

I don't think his scaling is that bad.

Everyone who gathered to see Hikone fight Zaraki realized that Hikone was approaching soul suicide and, despite getting more powerful, was worsening over the course of the fight. At the end, the Hollow emerges after having already had its ass beat, eats a piece of the Soul King, but is one shot. The Hollow was never strongre than Hikone, and gets one-shot while screaming out its true name, because it was too arrogant and dumb (just like Barragan, who this Hollow is meant to mirror) and doesn't realize its about to be in serious danger.

The scaling was never bad, people literally just have a 6th grade reading comprehension and don't bother to dive into the work beyond a shallow scale at all. Byakuya could have done the same shit here and it legit wouldn't have been a difference. This wasn't a moment about power scaling, it was a moment where in-world arrogance by an ancient power gets fucked on, which is a recurring theme in Bleach.

TrueTrueTrue

I actually agree with this though. He can't write Kubo dialogue either.

Basior

I was actually wondering if the Ending spoiled which Captain lead which squad. Yamamoto was shown 1st and Unohana 11th. The glass girl was shown 8 which can Match with her being an Ise. The rest was a bit off, though with the Shihoin guy being shown as 3rd...

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Man, I would kill to see the hunchback old geezer fight. When was the last time we had a gross Death God fight besides Mayuri.

vicucha

I was actually wondering if the Ending spoiled which Captain lead which squad. Yamamoto was shown 1st and Unohana 11th. The glass girl was shown 8 which can Match with her being an Ise. The rest was a bit off, though with the Shihoin guy being shown as 3rd...

Jaymes Hanson mentioned in his latest video it's not the case apparently. But he will be talking about it after he finishes translating some stuff that confirms it's not the case supposedly.

Last edited:

Camoball

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotta say, I dig the designs. They really do look like a bunch of criminals, as Moustache described them. I would absolutely love to see some mini arc or whatever with these guys. Maybe we'll see them in hell? If that arc ever goes anywhere. That would be dope af.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Gotta say, I dig the designs. They really do look like a bunch of criminals, as Moustache described them. I would absolutely love to see some mini arc or whatever with these guys. Maybe we'll see them in hell? If that arc ever goes anywhere. That would be dope af.

A turn back the pendulum style arc for the OGs would be criminal.

Top Bottom