The Lifestyle Lounge Convo: DDJ 2024

Yamato

ANBU- Sadist
:lmao Tricky

I avoid canned soups when possible. Better fresh and fun to make my own. Though my dad enjoyed canned clam chowder so I get that for him occasionally.
Then again, I still enjoy Spaghetti Os time to time :hestonpls

Also, new thread time?

Karasu

Impatient Buddha
So I'm on my summer trip. I usually pick up snacks for the road (for when you need to make time or what's available in the undiscovered country looks sketchy af). So I picked up some Kate's Real Food bars - the Dark Chocolate Cherry & Almond was very good. Really willing to try some other flavors. If you care to know, it's made with non GMO stuffs, no gluten, or soy, or uranium. And if you don't care, well just know that it doesn't taste like a hockey puck. It was seriously tasty and had an awesome texture. I also decided to get some jerky. I typically don't because it seems like there's only a few pieces that are not petrified. But I lucked out and tried Krave jerky which seems to be just the opposite. Its very tender - like super tender, and the flavor is on point. I got a pack of Chili Lime and a Black Cherry BBQ. The chili lime is beef, and black cherry one is made from pork, which I've never had but is uber.

Just thought I would share the wealth.

Last edited:

Yamato

ANBU- Sadist
Whenever I travel to see my friend in the Central part of my state I sometimes stop at a cheese factory place to pick up some unique cheese flavors and exotic jerky. And on the way back home a steak place.

Karasu

Impatient Buddha
Whenever I travel to see my friend in the Central part of my state I sometimes stop at a cheese factory place to pick up some unique cheese flavors and exotic jerky. And on the way back home a steak place.

Read my mind, Was just talking about that yesterday.

Karasu

Impatient Buddha
Man, got in from Colorado last night but came back with a toothache on the airplane. Never felt anything like that before. Hurt so damn bad. Then had to deal with a mess - pipe leaking while I was gone. Fortunately wasn't that bad. I'm glad I took an extra day off to recover.

Karasu

Impatient Buddha
Pics from the trip if anyone cares to see them.

Spoiler:

This was an amazing trip and basically kind of redeemed Colorado for me. I went without too much of a plan. I took some scenic drives, did a little hiking, stumbled into an amazing little mountain town (Frisco) and had some good food. All in all a pretty restful and balanced time. If you ever visit, don't be afraid to hit I-70 West through Glenwood Canyon in both directions. Plan to time this with the rising/setting sun so the light in the canyon is at its best.

The ramen was from a place called Jinya Ramen Bar in Denver - if you see one give them a shot. They have about 20 or so restaurants scattered across the country in major metro areas.

I also came upon an amazing Zuni carving. It's not a fetish (that had a Shaman or Medicine Man do his thing) but it spoke to me so I had to get it. The shop attendant said - "You know you don't find these things - they find you." I laughed because the one I got wasn't even carried by the shop. They have the artist registered with them, but it wasn't supposed to be there. It wasn't even in their inventory :lmao

Last edited:

Yamato

ANBU- Sadist
Outside of seeing the training center do you have an interest in or participate in any of the sports that they train for there?
Been doing Taekwondo pretty much half my life so I would be interested in seeing their training facility and maybe do some training with them :hestonpls
If they'd let me.
Other than that, maybe hit the slopes for snowboarding.

Karasu

Impatient Buddha
Been doing Taekwondo pretty much half my life so I would be interested in seeing their training facility and maybe do some training with them :hestonpls
If they'd let me.
Other than that, maybe hit the slopes for snowboarding.
:mako so you can seriously kick some ass...and heads!

Top Bottom