The Intelligent Hip-Hop/Rap Discussion III - Part 5

GANDO

That Jojo part 6 pack hit different tho
^ seems like he might mix up his different styles for next Project,
tho I do want him to go more in direction of his previous single.

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
Hell yeah bro! I'm excited for his new project called "Sick!"
Sick! is my humble offering of 10 songs recorded in the wake of and its subsequent lockdowns. Before the virus I had been working on an album I named after a book I used to read with my mother (The People Could Fly). Once the lockdowns hit, people couldn’t fly anymore. A wise man said art imitates life. People were sick. The People were angry and isolated and restless. I leaned into the chaos cause it was apparent that it wasn’t going anywhere. These songs are what happened when I would come up for air. Peace and love to Zelooperz the enigma, the Armand Hammer, and my good friends Alchemist and Black Noi$e. Peace and love to u.

GANDO

Happy new years Hip Hop
heads, 2021 has been a decent year for Hip Hop/Rap music I would say, but all the CAPs was not it :smh

Rob

Οhara Library Mοderator
So I'm pretty much 90% a rock/metal-head but occasionally I'll listen to some rap. Typically a few songs out of the same batch of 30 or so lmao.

Anyway, I only just now discovered this a week or so ago and damn. 10/10 banger. I like this old-school stuff a lot more. Anyone got recs for stuff that's similar (i.e., more fast-paced rapping with old-school beats)?

GANDO

So I'm pretty much 90% a rock/metal-head but occasionally I'll listen to some rap. Typically a few songs out of the same batch of 30 or so lmao.

Anyway, I only just now discovered this a week or so ago and damn. 10/10 banger. I like this old-school stuff a lot more. Anyone got recs for stuff that's similar (i.e., more fast-paced rapping with old-school beats)?

Check this group I fell upon them last year, hella underground from the 90s and pretty sure they be just freestyling over all the beats theyre on.

GANDO

oh ok, I could understand that. I am guessing you didn't mess with Some rap song much cause he was sort of in that bag the first portion of the project with the monotone rap. I think I am more so happy earl is back on some up beat modern instrumentals that I don't mind much his delivery.

yeh forsure checking the new Cordae I forget he was droppin somethin

Last edited:

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
oh ok, I could understand that. I am guessing you didn't mess with Some rap song much cause he was sort of in that bag the first portion of the project with the monotone rap. I think I am more so happy earl is back on some up beat modern instrumentals that I don't mind much his delivery.

yeh forsure checking the new Cordae I forget he was droppin somethin
Funny enough, I liked some rap songs!:laugh

I'll give his new work a second listen. Since it's only 24 minutes, it has good replay value.

GANDO

Same here. It's proly a testament of having good roll outs. There's the whole Freddie Gibbs beef drama, Pushing P meme that was bussin everywhere, then later on that one single of his elevated that shit to the roof, while the Weeknd just dropped without much of a rollout/promotion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom