• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

The Intelligent Hip-Hop/Rap Discussion III - Part 5

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
I used to put Em on a pedestal...shit a lot of rappers did as well..but with each project he started to get casted out more and more.

nagdo

Well-Known Nooby
Yeh many still think that till this date regardless of the mid body of work he drop as of late and deem him the Messiah of Hip Hop....

Last edited:

~Gesy~

Right. I don't think they'll last much longer if they don't change their art. Eventually something new is gonna come along to make them sound outdated

nagdo

Well-Known Nooby
I am glad I saw the cap yesterday on this tweet cuz ain't no way Ye and Riri ever dropping, if it was the rest I wouldhv fall for it.

Udell

Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Cole's last album was mostly story telling.

And I'm just having fun. I respect Em's skills but dont ike the direction who took his music the last 10 years...it's not for me.
I can't listen all of em songs either. Sometimes he talks about killing in a very violent way and I think he does that to appease fans that like his old shit. He should def rap more like what he did in Gnat. Favorite bitch was ty dolla sign was also good. Overall his recent album is solid.

Cole is story telling but them songs too short. Punching the clock was so bloody good and it was over fast. He needs to give us at least 2 full verses. Like I wanna hear more rap songs like High for hours. Not 1 min rap songs. He has like 4 of those on the album.

Udell

Mr. Steal Yo Girl
I remember reading somewhere that Meg would take a break. I guess she changed her mind, I don't even know half these rappers. I use to be more obsess with hip hop. Gotta listen to that Tyga track though.

Udell

Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Break for what? She just started.
I saw billboard posted it and besides she dropped an album and went on tour. There was a time when artist use to take a year or 2 in between albums. Then again most people don't write their shit so they can keep going lol

Kisame3rd14

2010s is the 2nd best decade in rap music, behind the 90s.
The 2000s had underground dvd rap which is better than anything from the 90s or 2010s. Also the mainstream in 2000s was way better than auto tune pocketbook wearing rappers from the 10s.

~Gesy~

The 2000s had underground dvd rap which is better than anything from the 90s or 2010s. Also the mainstream in 2000s was way better than auto tune pocketbook wearing rappers from the 10s.
"Better" is very subjective. Overall, Rap in the 2000s is commonly considered an embarrassment. Rap in 2010s made this the number 1 genre in america.

The current staples in rap came from that decade. Very large list of iconic records...I don't think this is debatable lol.

Kisame3rd14

"Better" is very subjective. Overall, Rap in the 2000s is commonly considered an embarrassment. Rap in 2010s made this the number 1 genre in america.

The current staples in rap came from that decade. Very large list of iconic records...I don't think this is debatable lol.
The entire discussion is subjective. And the backpack/hipster community might find the 00s embarrassing for being too tough but the streets definitely find the 10s embarrassing. Today there’s prostitute rap, auto tune, lipstick and pocketbooks. Just take a brief scroll through Lil Uzi’s social media and you’ll find everything wrong with rap today. That 00s toughness could be used in today’s rap, it would help cull out the bullshit.

~Gesy~

but the streets definitely find the 10s embarrassing.
The streets find 10s embarrassing? The decade where a rapper's crew will shoot you dead and he'll make a song laughing at your corpse?:hmm

Street rap is more violent these days than it ever been!

You're old school. You disagreeing doesn't surprise me but I feel what you enjoyed in the 00s is still around lol.

Top Bottom