The Hyuga Affair was one of the dumbest things in the series

Impulse

Kumo goes to Konoha for a peace treaty

They also try and steal Hinata for her Byakugan

Hiashi kill the man that tried to kidnap her daughter

Then Kumo asks for Hiashi body even though they just tried to kidnap a person from Konoha

And Konoha accepts their demand :confusedny

Ultrafragor

Konoha lacked the sannin and the 4th Hokage, the key strengths they had in previous wars. They also didn't have a usable jinchuriki. They also genocided one of their strongest clans and let the agents powerful enough to do this leave the village.

So, they were weakened enough that they could be bullied by the threat of war. Even if it was ridiculous.

Arthas

Anko's Lover
Konoha lacked the sannin and the 4th Hokage, the key strengths they had in previous wars. They also didn't have a usable jinchuriki. They also genocided one of their strongest clans and let the agents powerful enough to do this leave the village.

So, they were weakened enough that they could be bullied by the threat of war. Even if it was ridiculous.

Jiraiya was still around.

Also the Uchiha clan were still alive at the time. I think Hinata was only three or four years old when this happened and considering she is the same age as Sasuke and Sasuke was seven or eight when the massacre happened...

Ultrafragor

Jiraiya was still around.

Also the Uchiha clan were still alive at the time. I think Hinata was only three or four years old when this happened and considering she is the same age as Sasuke and Sasuke was seven or eight when the massacre happened...

Jiraiya should have already been investigating Akatsuki. Otherwise, no reason not to be taking care of his god son.

The massacre would already be in the works. So, the elders would likely be afraid that a war would give the Uchiha the chance to coup or defect to Kumo.

dergeist

Konoha was warring the Uchiha, so it was natural they would bend the knee to the cloud. The Elders would have to make peace with them and give them positions of power, which they weren't willing to do.

I'm more concerned with the Raikage letting it slide, he was in prime position for war:hmm

Yagami1211

Tojo Clan Yondaime

Then Kumo asks for Hiashi body even though they just tried to kidnap a person from Konoha

Officially, the Cloud denied any involvement in the affair IIRC.

Young Lord Minato

Don't stan, just fan
Kumo was claiming that they had no knowledge or involvement in the plan and they demanded retribution for one of their important shinobi being killed. While that was a pretty obvious lie, stuff like that can easily be spun into something more. Meanwhile, Konoha wanted to avoid a war with Kumo and they probably knew they'd accept nothing short of their demand. Of course, the real reason why Kumo wanted Hiashi was to try to steal the Byakugan from him after death and thus complete their plan.

Arthas

Anko's Lover
Jiraiya should have already been investigating Akatsuki. Otherwise, no reason not to be taking care of his god son.

The massacre would already be in the works. So, the elders would likely be afraid that a war would give the Uchiha the chance to coup or defect to Kumo.

I do not know what Jiraiya would have been doing to be honest. He could have been working on Akatsuki or something else but even then if a possible war breaks out, I imagine he would have been recalled due to a shift in priroities.

Also from new understanding Jiraiya is not Naruto's god-father as we would understand the term. He is more Naruto's name-father as in responsible for naming the kid, not raising him. There is no proper term for this in english so most translators default to god-father.

Regarding the Massacre, I am unsure if it would be in the works at that time.

Sasuke was 7 or 8 when the Massacre happened, the Hyuuga affair happened when he was 3. At least 4 years before the Massacre.

That being said the Uchiha clan was being segregated and punished at this time so *shrugs*.

Ultrafragor

I do not know what Jiraiya would have been doing to be honest. He could have been working on Akatsuki or something else but even then if a possible war breaks out, I imagine he would have been recalled due to a shift in priroities.

Also from new understanding Jiraiya is not Naruto's god-father as we would understand the term. He is more Naruto's name-father as in responsible for naming the kid, not raising him. There is no proper term for this in english so most translators default to god-father.

Regarding the Massacre, I am unsure if it would be in the works at that time.

Sasuke was 7 or 8 when the Massacre happened, the Hyuuga affair happened when he was 3. At least 4 years before the Massacre.

That being said the Uchiha clan was being segregated and punished at this time so *shrugs*.

Itachi and Shisui would have infiltrated ANBU at this time, I believe.

I consider that being "underway" since the whole series of events involved high levels of suspicion targeted at the Uchiha.

Van Basten

Black Lives Matter

It was that or war.

Top Bottom