• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

The Arcade Convo Thread - The Golden Age of Piracy

Cardboard Tube Knight

Install whatever OS you want then
I'm installing Windows, because it's the easiest to pirate and emulate on
Install my own OS? Like some kind of caveman? No thank you.
China apparently is banning crypto mining soooooo there might be a significant price drop in the near future.
Oh god I hope so. Really that shit is hurting the planet, it needs to be cut all the way out.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Guess we can thank China for doing something environmentally and people friendly for once eh?

They don't give a fuck about the environment, pretty much everything China does on an industrial level is horrible for the environment. They just hate the idea of a decentralized currency that (was) actually taking steam. This is all about control on their end.

JayK

To be honest, a 3090 is a really weak card so I understand why it crisps away playing a super demanding, at least 20 years ahead of its time master piece of a game like New World.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities

- a deal with the Singapore government requires its completion

Ubisot:
BUT MONSIEUR, WE DUNT KNOW HOW TO FINIS ZE GAIM. QU'EST-CE QUE CEST ZIS PIRATE SHEET? IS NO FUN, OUI?
Singapore Goverment: YOU FINISH GAME. FINISH GAME NOW.

Colonizers done been colonized.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Meanwhile the brits at Rare are still shitting money with Sea of Thieves and getting Captain Sparrow crossovers. How hard is it to make a fucking pirate game? They had the perfect blueprint.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Cunt
They don't give a fuck about the environment, pretty much everything China does on an industrial level is horrible for the environment. They just hate the idea of a decentralized currency that (was) actually taking steam. This is all about control on their end.

Hey man if someone were to stop tilling farms and instead mandated all farms to use grazing methods because they were bribed it still results in a better environment.

What I said wasn't naive praise for China, I despise their government. But if they get to do the right thing by accident that's still good for us.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Cunt
Meanwhile the brits at Rare are still shitting money with Sea of Thieves and getting Captain Sparrow crossovers. How hard is it to make a fucking pirate game? They had the perfect blueprint.

They seem to be morons.

Character customization is pointless. Ships have no equipment. Characters have no equipment. So why fucking play? Did they forget progression is a major and arguably vital fucking hook in your game?

Only hardcore weirdos who get off on griefing or constant PvP are gonna play it... and there are far more engaging PvP games out there.

My boyfriend and I played cause he loves Pirate stuff. I tried to warn him it would be shit but oh god, even I wasn't fully aware of how tedious and pointless every activity that insipid, torturous, demonic block of code offers.

SakuraLover16

Sakura + Sasuke = Sarada
They seem to be morons.

Character customization is pointless. Ships have no equipment. Characters have no equipment. So why fucking play? Did they forget progression is a major and arguably vital fucking hook in your game?

Only hardcore weirdos who get off on griefing or constant PvP are gonna play it... and there are far more engaging PvP games out there.

My boyfriend and I played cause he loves Pirate stuff. I tried to warn him it would be shit but oh god, even I wasn't fully aware of how tedious and pointless every activity that insipid, torturous, demonic block of code offers.
Sea of thieves?

Cheeky Cunt
SoT was rough for the first 1-2 years. They also had the benifit of being more cartoony.

Ubisoft went in the worst direction possible at the reveal. Ship only hyper realism.

All they needed to do was multiplayer Black Flag with fantasy elements. That coupled with an ecolving map and constant content updates and they couldve sold gangbusters.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities

Oh, I was talking about Ubifot's ineptitude to make a fucking pirate game. At least Sea of Thieves knows exactly what it wants, PvP and all, and focuses 100% on it through a Pirate "experience" even if it took a few years to really gain shape. That's what makes people play the game but it's the last thing I would be interested in.

the_notorious_Z.É.

The Pirate Prime minister
I'm friends with a game dev that used to work for Ubisoft, he had told me about the wtf situation with Skulls and Bones before, truly bizarre, but it all started when the people at Singapore thought they could make a AAA game by themselves easily, turns out it was more than what they could shew, they are also on the third director and each director rebooted everything for no reason, apparently the current version of the game no longer has anything to do with what was announced back in 2016, for example the current game has a first person camera, pathetic.

That P2P PES only comes with 9 clubs for free, lol

Top Bottom