The Arcade Convo Thread - RE Wingine

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
I will absolutely lose my shit if Rising 2 is announced. The director has been free of that dumpster fire Babylon's Fall for awhile now.

Last edited:

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!
Is that the one that stars Kamela/Ms. Marvel?
No idea. All I know is that it is the one that flopped so hard, Square Enix sold the studio that made it and all its other Western studios and IPs for pennies, and declared that it would invested the money from that sale into NFTs.

If you told me that a Chinese BotW clone and a AAA Avengers game fresh off of Endgame would be coming out around the same time and one of them would make well over 4 billion dollars in the next 2 and half years, and the other would crash and burn so bad that the studio had to be sold, then yeah, I would say the BotW clone was the one that would succeed because BotW is fucking awesome. And so is Genshin, the Chinese BotW clone.

Unrelated

But the best news I've read all this week is seeing 343 Studios getting removed from ever directly making a Halo game again, only took over a fucking decade for Microsoft to realize how shit these guys are:

- bungled Halo's Combat Evolved Anniversary release
- designed Halo 4 with its multiplayer specifically to try and win CoD fans over with its "classes"/perk mode system which went above and beyond anything people said about Reach's armor abilities
- Halo 5: Guardians is a complete clusterfuck of storytelling and no one has ever given a shit about Osiris Team or angry black guy Spartan IV dude
- MCC with the anniversary versions of 2 and 3 are also ruined with weird bloom issues created by 343
- Halo Infinite i.e. Halo 6 was dead after a few months with no new updates or expansion to the story or its free-roaming exploration mode; almost a year after release to bring fucking Forge mode into the meta, still no co-op campaign or online play

Jesus

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
But the best news I've read all this week is seeing 343 Studios getting removed from ever directly making a Halo game again, only took over a fucking decade for Microsoft to realize how shit these guys are

Wow, that was a long time coming.

Cheeky Cunt
Unrelated

But the best news I've read all this week is seeing 343 Studios getting removed from ever directly making a Halo game again, only took over a fucking decade for Microsoft to realize how shit these guys are:

- bungled Halo's Combat Evolved Anniversary release
- designed Halo 4 with its multiplayer specifically to try and win CoD fans over with its "classes"/perk mode system which went above and beyond anything people said about Reach's armor abilities
- Halo 5: Guardians is a complete clusterfuck of storytelling and no one has ever given a shit about Osiris Team or angry black guy Spartan IV dude
- MCC with the anniversary versions of 2 and 3 are also ruined with weird bloom issues created by 343
- Halo Infinite i.e. Halo 6 was dead after a few months with no new updates or expansion to the story or its free-roaming exploration mode; almost a year after release to bring fucking Forge mode into the meta, still no co-op campaign or online play

Jesus
It was fake lol

What was so bad about Halo 6?I played the free MP for a short time and it was fine IMO

Was the singleplayer mode bad?
Infinite is pretty much a steaming pile of shit and its not an exaggeration:

- awful "F2P" model with multiplayer
- weapons balance is terrible but that is standard in 343i Halo games
- grenades are particularly and very notably much weaker in MP
- weird attempt to again use 'equipment' to make game play in MP more dynamic; instead only relevant ones are really the thrusters and grapplehook
- Marine AI is very dumb, lacks the complicated behavior and coding that previous ones even back in the OG Xbox had where they could utilize basic cover, pilot and drive vehicles, and so on
- Originally before Stanten came back they weren't even going to have any Marine NPCs in the game
- very over-priced extra costs for basic armor permutations for aesthetics and colors
- can't even basic color your Spartan's armor in MP customization because most of them are literally locked behind either pay walls or massive grinding, something no Bungie Halo game ever did
- 343i original armor designs in general are still as ugly, overly garish, and alien as they typically are just like in Halo 5: Guardians

Singleplayer/campaign was also very disappointing; Atriox was never a direct presence outside of the opening cutscene to start the game, exploration of the world is literally secondary and feels disconnected from the actual story itself, hasn't been updated since release, promises with Forge mode and online cooperative campaign were not delivered. Forge mode came out almost a year after the game's launch in November 2022, we still don't have any form of online co-op.

It feels very incomplete and just awful for a game that had $ half a billion put into its development and I say this as someone whose sunk almost 100 hours into it

Cheeky Cunt
MS has like 5 studios that could make a good Halo game now

Their insistence on 343 doing it is actual insanity and the entire reason theyre getting shit on by Sony

Steven

- awful "F2P" model with multiplayer
I see no problem with F2P model MP if its fine
- weapons balance is terrible but that is standard in 343i Halo games
You just need the battlerifle.The weapon outscales any other weapon in the game.Unless im outdated
- grenades are particularly and very notably much weaker in MP
Point blank they still oneshot you.Or should.Maybe they changed something
- Marine AI is very dumb, lacks the complicated behavior and coding that previous ones even back in the OG Xbox had where they could utilize basic cover, pilot and drive vehicles, and so on
Lol what?Marine AI in Halo 1/2/3 were fine.How can you fail at that in 2022? :catalian
- Originally before Stanten came back they weren't even going to have any Marine NPCs in the game
Marines are a big part of the lore wtf.Are they on crack
- very over-priced extra costs for basic armor permutations for aesthetics and colors
"I see no problem with F2P model MP if its fine"

Yeah RIP
can't even basic color your Spartan's armor in MP customization because most of them are literally locked behind either pay walls or massive grinding, something no Bungie Halo game ever did
Ok,thats fucking ridiculous.Not even basic colours?Thats ass
343i original armor designs in general are still as ugly
Thats true
Singleplayer/campaign was also very disappointing;
Whats the current standpoint?I know Cortana "died".Whos now the big villain?

I see no problem with F2P model MP if its fine
Except its literally gravitated around forcing the player's to buying the actual retail version of the game to progress otherwise you can't can credit for doing daily or weekly challenges to get the experience to boost your player level to unlock higher ranks to get new unlocked armors and rank perks.

So it is a bad system.
You just need the battlerifle.The weapon outscales any other weapon in the game.Unless im outdated
There are plenty of game modes that don't have the battle-rifle or whatever in it. DMR and BR equivalent in Infinite are not a starting weapon unless your playing SWAT or whatever retarded thing they renamed it after Floyd incident.
Point blank they still oneshot you.Or should.Maybe they changed something
A single grenade unless its a sticky or spiker attached to you is not going to kill you at full shields and full health. They've gotten and still get shit for how weak the grenades are in MP.
Lol what?Marine AI in Halo 1/2/3 were fine.How can you fail at that in 2022? :catalian
Because its 343i.
Whats the current standpoint?I know Cortana "died".Whos now the big villain?
We don't know.

Edward Nygma

Riddle me this...
I always seem to forget that the Tarzan level of KH1 is complete shit.

Beyond the boring layout and stupid pseudo-platforming challenges; Clayton, and whatever dev designed his boss fight, can feel free to choke on my cock and balls at their earliest convenience.
:tomasulk

- self healing
- with hitscan attacks
- while surrounded by fodder
- in an inclosed space
- don't forget to add an invisible kaiju

Bro. I'm on World 3. Chill the fuck out. I'm actually fairly over-leveled and I'm still getting ragdolled.

I especially love how the game spawns you with your back to Clayton after he does his transition into stage 2. Beautiful.

JayK

I always seem to forget that the Tarzan level of KH1 is complete shit.

Beyond the boring layout and stupid pseudo-platforming challenges; Clayton, and whatever dev designed his boss fight, can feel free to choke on my cock and balls at their earliest convenience.
:tomasulk

- self healing
- with hitscan attacks
- while surrounded by fodder
- in an inclosed space
- don't forget to add an invisible kaiju

Bro. I'm on World 3. Chill the fuck out. I'm actually fairly over-leveled and I'm still getting ragdolled.

I especially love how the game spawns you with your back to Clayton after he does his transition into stage 2. Beautiful.
stop ranting about the trash that is KH and play Fire Emblem

Edward Nygma

Riddle me this...
:relax

Also bold to indirectly claim the story of KH is not insulting towards every players intelligence.
Yeah. Cause FE retelling the same "hero of noble blood slays evil dragon" bedtime story for 30 years is really rocking the world of narrative fiction. I'm sure there's a whole 3 tropes from FE that you couldn't find in LotR or GoT.

Top Bottom