The Arcade Convo Thread - RE Wingine

Shirker

The World You Knew is Gone
Was talking to my friends yesterday about how Nintendo's brand of polish has been fading recently for some reason.
As much as I'm enjoying Splatoon 3, it had a bunch of weird ass jank as well that they had to patch later on. And the game still crashes like crazy for me.

Now there's this Pokemon thing. I'm not even sure how they managed such glitchiness when all the recent Poke games are the same game with a different subtitle attached. Was Arceus like this?

Shirker

That so?
I mean, I know there's missingno and stuff, but I'm not really aware of any, like, hardcore jank. The most I've heard is that they kinda have a bit of a spaghetti code problem.

Cheeky Cunt
That so?
I mean, I know there's missingno and stuff, but I'm not really aware of any, like, hardcore jank. The most I've heard is that they kinda have a bit of a spaghetti code problem.
It took 1 compent coder to shove kanto in gen 2 after months of the entire team failing to do so.

Their most consistent output was gen 3-5 but theres always been some lvl of incompetence there

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities

These trainers packing

It took 1 compent coder to shove kanto in gen 2 after months of the entire team failing to do so.

Their most consistent output was gen 3-5 but theres always been some lvl of incompetence there

Didn't Iwata saved the code of one Pokemon game too?

Shirker

Living in the 2020s means having to treat the idea of a game company setting up another dev for an arrest for insider trading due to a lawsuit as serious, rather than an obvious madlib thought up by a weeb on painkillers.

I want off.

Even though I legitimately don't give much credibility or legitimacy to the Video Game Awards knowing that God of War: Ragnarok is probably gonna be voted their winner for "Game of the Year" is still kind of annoying. If anyone remembers like back in 2018 when God of War 2018 "beat" Red Dead Redemption 2 despite the fact the latter objectively annihilated it in all categories they went head to head in. Its probably gonna end up being the same for Elden Ring vs God of War: Ragnarok.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities

Iconic Sony Child Companion: *Hey Simon. I think you can whip that candle for magical heart items. Just climb those stairs with the joystick and press A*

Last edited:

Simon

‎‎
Even though I legitimately don't give much credibility or legitimacy to the Video Game Awards knowing that God of War: Ragnarok is probably gonna be voted their winner for "Game of the Year" is still kind of annoying. If anyone remembers like back in 2018 when God of War 2018 "beat" Red Dead Redemption 2 despite the fact the latter objectively annihilated it in all categories they went head to head in. Its probably gonna end up being the same for Elden Ring vs God of War: Ragnarok.
I think the narrative/writing blew RDR2 out of the water. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if they have a category for compelling narratives and such; I don't keep up with it myself. When it comes down to it, I believe certain aspects of nominated games are favored over others in the GOTY category specifically.

RDR2 was a fantastically well-crafted game, but the gameplay suffered from excessive repetition and structure for an open-world game. Big reason why I personally didn't finish it.

Last edited:

Cheeky Cunt
Idk how someone can complain abt GoW being turned into some LoU type movie game while watching the 5 hour cutscene of Arthur skinning a rabbit

I think the narrative/writing blew RDR2 out of the water. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if they have a category for compelling narratives and such; I don't keep up with it myself. When it comes down to it, I believe certain aspects of nominated games are favored over others in the GOTY category specifically.

RDR2 was a fantastically well-crafted game, but the gameplay suffered from excessive repetition and structure for an open-world game. Big reason why I personally didn't finish it.
You might have a point but games like the newer Uncharted and God of War ones are literally just interactive cutscene/movies compared to RDR2 or Elden Ring. In fact I checked and the newest God of War, Ragnarok, is like 20+ hours of cutscenes vs less than a quarter of actual gameplay.

JayK

Sony is paltry and pays more bucks, its that simple

Top Bottom