• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • More languages + Cat Dank + Tooltip Feature for Reactions were added ! (see preferences) More to come!

• Please check this: link regarding changes in PotW and GotW schedules!
    - Contest Central

• "Lifestyle Lounge: Thread of the Month Contest!"
    Come make a fun thread in the Lifestyle Lounge! Deadline is September 30th, 2021.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

PC PS5 XBSX PS4 XB1 Tales of Arise

Jake CENA

BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!
Finally got this baby running using DS4Windows :bury

I'm starting to feel the new combat system since it's so different compared to Berseria

Magnum Miracles

Waifu Simp
Goddam classes and work. Keeping me from sinking an unhealthy amount of time into this game.

Just beat the second lord. Wondering how I am gonna finish this and my Judgement playthrough before Lost Judgement comes out.:catdespair

PlacidSanity

Unknown
Getting used to the combo system but pulling off some stylish finishers with those combination attacks.

Anybody getting frustrated with the fishing mini game.:laugh

Cardboard Tube Knight

First boss fight was a piece of cake. I didn't even come close to dying until the second boss. This dude killed everyone but Shionne. I had to go through revival items I have had since the start of the game.

PlacidSanity

Unknown
First boss fight was a piece of cake. I didn't even come close to dying until the second boss. This dude killed everyone but Shionne. I had to go through revival items I have had since the start of the game.
The second lord, had to legit grind levels before facing the guy.:smh Puts up that damn shield with the clones when he does his Idignation arte but thankfully once those are taken out they don't appear again when he goes to do the arte again.:defeat

Cardboard Tube Knight

The second lord, had to legit grind levels before facing the guy.:smh Puts up that damn shield with the clones when he does his Idignation arte but thankfully once those are taken out they don't appear again when he goes to do the arte again.:defeat
I killed every thing in the path to him and did all the side quests in the area too. So it's not like I just rushed in there. And this game tells you that "you can avoid fights" but then puts all the dudes next to doors you need to go into or in tight halls.

Like just make them random lol.

PlacidSanity

Unknown
I killed every thing in the path to him and did all the side quests in the area too. So it's not like I just rushed in there. And this game tells you that "you can avoid fights" but then puts all the dudes next to doors you need to go into or in tight halls.

Like just make them random lol.

Heh, in the lands of the third lord, was grinding for levels there until a roaming mini boss in that flying drake comes in during the fight and really mess things up. Ended up beating it but barely but that caught me off guard when it just showed up from the sky and landed druing the fight with random bores. :laugh

Also getting used to the fishing mini game as I'm getting lots of practice in the land of the fourth lord though there is one place where a boss you face off at the third lord is a normal roaming monster.:laugh

Cardboard Tube Knight

Heh, in the lands of the third lord, was grinding for levels there until a roaming mini boss in that flying drake comes in during the fight and really mess things up. Ended up beating it but barely but that caught me off guard when it just showed up from the sky and landed druing the fight with random bores. :laugh

Also getting used to the fishing mini game as I'm getting lots of practice in the land of the fourth lord though there is one place where a boss you face off at the third lord is a normal roaming monster.:laugh
They can interrupt fights?

I have only recently had it where someone didn't move fast enough to get into a fight with their group and got left out (that's what it seemed like since there was like a group of four monsters but only three were in the fight and one was left over).

PlacidSanity

Unknown
They can interrupt fights?

I have only recently had it where someone didn't move fast enough to get into a fight with their group and got left out (that's what it seemed like since there was like a group of four monsters but only three were in the fight and one was left over).

The monster flew in while I was in mid fight with some bores. Started off with just facing off with four creatures, kill two, then the screen just pans to my right to see the drake just land and it's part now part of the fight.:laugh

Magnum Miracles

Waifu Simp
The Light resist accessory made that move a joke. Faced him at level 17 on the normal difficulty, and that move only did half a health bar of damage to everyone.

JayK

So I actually have to compliment Bamco here.

I am not exactly known to talk positive of most of their games including the Tales series. However this certainly is a game if I've ever seen one. Performance wise it runs insanely well on 2k on slightly dated hardware and looks really clean. Just a really optimized game which is not typical looking at some of their other recent projects ala Code Vein. That aside I absolutely adore the art direction they took this one in general and while the world is indeed somewhat linear I still really enjoy striding through it.

Combat has to be among the best action combat I've seen in an JRPG to date and kinda makes me feel confirmed on my negative view of FFVII:R. The skill trees and how you unlock them is also still very unique in comparison to other games in the same genre.

Honestly, the only negative thing I can bring up so far is how heavily plastered with microtransactions the game is in general, as is typical for Bamco. Guess they don't like only getting praise for once...

Cardboard Tube Knight

The dragon thing is part of a side quest, basically you fight that specific mob of boar and interrupts. I don't know if you have to take the quest before (I did) but it also drops an item that gives more CP

Top Bottom