Superman vs The mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slips

Fuck off
Good old Supes not the planet sneezing supergod.

JLA supes

Vs

Only rule is the mask can not be taken off its cemented on or something

Firemind said:
God>>>>Superman
so i think that decides who wins this battle

Seriously. There's a difference. God = Jesus Christ.

Loki a norse mythological god. He's the god of mischief. What's he going to do? Make Superman laugh his ass off to death? Not to mention he was a pretty minor god.

Yea, Loki was not so much a major figure in that of Norse mythology. He's a mischevious and low-life god, really. The fight would go to Superman.

Nah. The Mask uses some of Loki's power, which is derived from magic, I suppose. Superman has a vulnerability to magic, so he'd be vulnerable to anything the Mask can do.

Keollyn said:
He's fighting the mask, or someone wearing the mask???

Mask been wore bye who ever Jim will do I guess.

I'm not really well versed in all the info regarding the mask but strange what happens when you watch a old dvd aint it

Which version of the mask are we using?

If its Mask w/Jim Carey, then GG Superman :nuts

The wearer of the mask is basically cartoon-style invincible, and Superman's vulnerability to magic will also make him subject to the Mask's shenanigans.

Hmm...i still don't see what Superman can do to harm him.

He could shoot the mask with his heat beams, and the mask would just sunbathe in them :nuts

Which Mask?

There's a great difference from comic Mask and movie/cartoon Mask concerning what it does to the character and how it affects them.

Comic Book Guy said:
Which Mask?

There's a great difference from comic Mask and movie/cartoon Mask concerning what it does to the character and how it affects them.

Going to have to go with movie as I had no clue there was a comic version. Let me guess the comic version kicks the living day lights out of all other versions ?

Comic Mask is a grade A psychopath. Wearing it in the long run erodes at the user's character, bringing out the darkest sides of their character. The movie adaption had to be heavily re-edited and rewritten when Jim Carry was casted as Ipkiss.

The mask would just pull out a huge block of kryptonite from wherever he gets all his stuff from. It's like Bugs Bunny vs. Superman; Supe would get rapped by the American cartoon.

Angela said:
Seriously. There's a difference. God = Jesus Christ.

Loki a norse mythological god. He's the god of mischief. What's he going to do? Make Superman laugh his ass off to death? Not to mention he was a pretty minor god.

Well, he will be leading the evil forces during Ragnar?k, and he will there succed killing one of the other gods, a wimpy guy called balder, with his own life as a stake.

Loki was in no way a minor Norse deity. Odin himself cosidered Loki his brother (they weren't blood brothers though). He was ingenious, and was able to come up with some spectacular plans, one of which allowed Odin to get his eight legged horse Sleippner, another which saved Odin and Honer from captivity, and he also saved a Norse goddess from captivity (although the last two problems happened because of him in the first place). He was a major power, and considered extremely evil. I mean come on, the dude will command the enemies of the Gods on the day of Ragnarok on a boat made of dead men's nails. Plus, he will kill the God Heimdall on said day, and Heimdall is responsible for guarding the Rainbow bridge which leads to Asgard, and Heimdall is no slouch in combat, not far behind Thor, Tyr, and Odin I assume. So bad ass or not, huh?

So, the Mask, which is imbues it's wearer with a part of Loki's powers, gives said person a butt load of magical power, no matter who it's up against. Plus, as this is the movie version, well, Superman can't do anything to a cartoon character. Look at all the Looneytoon and Tom and Jerry catroons...that's essentially what the Mask is. There's not really anything Superman can do to hurt the Mask.

EDIT: However, the Mask can quite possibly pull out a chunk of kryptonite out of nowhere because as a goofy toon, he can pull any type of stunt.

It would be like Superman fighting against Mxyzptlk without the "get me to spell my name backward and I disappear for 90 days" loophole.

Superman would not be able to do anything to the Mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom