SOTW 94: Discussion & Salsa Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, this is veering off, but was there ever someone who went on this site as a gfxer or just person who was on these forums with the aim screename "tourniquet4love"

Latin was the language spoken by the romans

It was introduced in spain (then Iberia) in III BC. After some centuries, this language evolved to Spanish, which was brought to America in XVI AD.

Nowadays we understand "Latins" as the population/race of southern america (Which is actually a mixture of spaniards and indians)

XD
for those who dont know..
"Rebelde" happens to be a
telenovela[soap opera] in Mexico,
and theres a group in there called
RBD which are now a real group.
so they are hispanic/latin, not
sure if that fits in the category

i was thinking along the lines
of actors/actresses, XD

Suzuhiko said:
To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with this sotw =/.

Not with the gfx mind, which is awesome as always...just with what seems to be a lack of effort.

To quote Yuurei:

Which I think is what most of you did. Then you made a sig as always. If I looked at each of these entries individually without knowing the theme only two of them would make me think 'Spanish/Latino'. The others would probably lead me to the conclusion that the theme was 'hot girl'.

I thought the point of having a theme in an art competition is for you to explore your creativity and see how best you can describe what the theme is to you. For example when I think of spanish I think of spanish dancing because we went to see some last time I went there.

Anyway this is just a bit of a rant I guess. If the theme is anime or freestyle people tend to just make sigs the way they always do but when we get an interesting theme its a shame to waste it. I was expecting some really interesting, original entries but maybe I was expecting too much :(

I'll admit that Jlo's a mighty fine lady and all, but main reason I chose her is because she's one of the few Historical Figures in the music industry today. That and becuase she's the first one to come to mind the moment I read the theme, due to the fact that my mom and my sister are huge fans of her work. :amuse

Suzuhiko said:
To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with this sotw =/.

Not with the gfx mind, which is awesome as always...just with what seems to be a lack of effort.

To quote Yuurei:

Which I think is what most of you did. Then you made a sig as always. If I looked at each of these entries individually without knowing the theme only two of them would make me think 'Spanish/Latino'. The others would probably lead me to the conclusion that the theme was 'hot girl'.

I thought the point of having a theme in an art competition is for you to explore your creativity and see how best you can describe what the theme is to you. For example when I think of spanish I think of spanish dancing because we went to see some last time I went there.

Anyway this is just a bit of a rant I guess. If the theme is anime or freestyle people tend to just make sigs the way they always do but when we get an interesting theme its a shame to waste it. I was expecting some really interesting, original entries but maybe I was expecting too much :(

I agree, but when i have no knowledge about spanish or Latin it makes it kinda hard.

the reason i choosed
those girls was because,
when i think of spanish when
i'm near the tube, i think of
novelas, and Rebelde happens
to be one of those novelas that
stay in your mind.

when it comes to the theme of
the sotw, i think along of the:
"which artist should i pick to represent? =o"

XDD
do you watch Rebelde, tiger_lili?

Izanagi said:
the reason i choosed
those girls was because,
when i think of spanish when
i'm near the tube, i think of
novelas, and Rebelde happens
to be one of those novelas that
stay in your mind.

when it comes to the theme of
the sotw, i think along of the:
"which artist should i pick to represent? =o"

XDD
do you watch Rebelde, tiger_lili?

But Spanish culture has way better stuff than novelas and hot girls...

Thats how u the world sees us...

:cry :cry :cry

:D:

^using those stuff was just easier, for lazy ppl like me >_<
but u're right, we should go deeper and try to interepret the theme in our own fashion.

>> people aren't referred to as just "latin"..........
or else you're referring to the dead language used by the Latians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom