Something I don't understand about the Espeda...

Radical Dreamer

Let's hear some boots.
I could be missing something, but after reading through the HM arc again, there's something I don't get. Can anyone explain this to me:

Dordonii was the former 3rd Espada. However, Nel was also the former 3rd Espada. Now, I know that Dordonii was the 3rd before Aizen created new Espada, however, in the Nel flashbacks we see her with Nnoitra who is the current 5th.

Now, since Aizen creates the new, more complete Espada, I thought that through the flashbacks that Nel could possibly be a created Espada since she also was around at the same time as the 8th. HOWEVER, Nnoitra says that her number doesn't mean anything anymore, implying that she's from the old stock.

Am I missing something or did I fall through a plot hole? I'm only asking because it's making my brain hurt. ;-;

Edit; realized I spelled Espada wrong in the title...yeah...

Edit, Edit: I also thought of the loophole that Dordonii could have replased Nel, but that doesn't make any since as Nnoitra was around at the same time, implying that the new stock was already created. Nel would have just been replaced by Stark/Halbel/Old man from the outset.

I think the numbers of the Privaron are the order in which they were removed from the Arrancar. So that makes Dordonni the third oldest Arrancar currently (not anymore :LOS) to have been removed from the Espada.

Can you imagine if two Espadas left being the same rank? You can't have two 103, or two 107 Privaron.

Not to mention, if you're capable of being the third Espada, you're not going to get thrown from third to nothing, you'd slowly descend the ranking first.

So, they can remove and redo their tattoos? I mean, Grim's was burnt off and then restored, I think they're pretty much stuck there. Could be wrong, though.

It seems that Aizen is doing it for the lulz, c'mon Zomari was worth #7?
Well, he wasn't as pathetic as some of them. He had a pretty decent ability who got plot killed.

If anything, the 9th was the one that wasn't worth anything. And he had the tattoo on his damn heads. I doubt that's easy to get off of there considering it's in a bottle and all.

I could be missing something, but after reading through the HM arc again, there's something I don't get. Can anyone explain this to me:

Dordonii was the former 3rd Espada. However, Nel was also the former 3rd Espada. Now, I know that Dordonii was the 3rd before Aizen created new Espada, however, in the Nel flashbacks we see her with Nnoitra who is the current 5th.

Dordonii's number is unknown, however if they were removed in order from 1-10 he would be #4.

100 = 1
101 = 2
102 = 3
103 = 4

don't be too confused with the flashback, Noi was number 8 back then. he simply got improved by the Cube, The reason he was improved is most likely because he is an Adjuuca's and the others are Gilian or something.

Now, since Aizen creates the new, more complete Espada, I thought that through the flashbacks that Nel could possibly be a created Espada since she also was around at the same time as the 8th. HOWEVER, Nnoitra says that her number doesn't mean anything anymore, implying that she's from the old stock.

Szyeal = Unranked
Noi = Number 8
Nel = number 3

in the flashbacks.

nel was kicked out 1+ year ago, aizen's been in HM a few months. Aizen improved Noi and Szyeal with his cube o might and they became part of the new espada. (noi having a higher number then before and Grantz taking over his previous number 8 slot.)

Am I missing something or did I fall through a plot hole? I'm only asking because it's making my brain hurt. ;-;

your just forgetting a few things.

100 = #1 that or the first person to fall from the espada.

Noi = #8 to #5

Szyeal = No number to Number 8

Edit; realized I spelled Espada wrong in the title...yeah...

Edit, Edit: I also thought of the loophole that Dordonii could have replased Nel, but that doesn't make any since as Nnoitra was around at the same time, implying that the new stock was already created. Nel would have just been replaced by Stark/Halbel/Old man from the outset.

Nel was kicked out before Aizen got the Cube, Meaning It IS possible dordonii replaced her, and he was then replaced by Ulq/#3

Ah, that explains things. I thought for sure that the 100's were just their former ranks with the 100 added to it. 103 being the former 3rd. Also, I didn't know the cube could upgrade the Espada...why didn't Aizen just upgrade the old ones, then?

Vizard Ichigo one-shotted Dordonni. Bankai Ichigo could have brought him down. Nell can cut the Nnoi of now, and she hasn't gotten any stronger since she was thrown out.

Something there doesn't add up.

I stand by the Privaron numbers being the order they were kicked out of the Espada. Anyway, the Espada are the only one's with tattoos.

Ah, that explains things. I thought for sure that the 100's were just their former ranks with the 100 added to it. 103 being the former 3rd. Also, I didn't know the cube could upgrade the Espada...why didn't Aizen just upgrade the old ones, then?

possibly because most of them were Gillian or Adjuuca who could no longer Evolve in power, Or he found Better Stronger Hollow.

I think the numbers of the Privaron are the order in which they were removed from the Arrancar. So that makes Dordonni the third oldest Arrancar currently (not anymore :LOS) to have been removed from the Espada.

Can you imagine if two Espadas left being the same rank? You can't have two 103, or two 107 Privaron.

Not to mention, if you're capable of being the third Espada, you're not going to get thrown from third to nothing, you'd slowly descend the ranking first.

maybe they would be named 203 and 207...

I really don't know what the hell Aizen is thinking when he assigns the numbers, sometimes.

I said a while ago that there were probably several generations of Espada:

G1 - That Aaroniero belonged to.
G2 - That Dordonni, Gantenbeine and Cirucci belonged to
G3 - That Nnoitra (#8) and Nel (#3) belonged to
Current G4 - With Nnoitra (#5) and Szayel (#8)

.......guys, maybe you can just be an espada, get stronger through effort of some sort, and then move up in rank thus changing your number?

I mean, since Nnoitra was #8 and had already been arrancarized, doesn't that only make sense? He increased his power, obviously, as represented by his moon-shaped zanpakuto; it used to have only one moon cresant in the flashbacks but when he fought Kenpachi it was two cresants joined at the middle, thus the zanpakuto had grown thus his power had grown.

Aizen's arrancar themselves seek to be espada merely because they are the ones closest to Aizen. They admire the fearless Aizen and Aizen only has the time of day for the strong and useful. Therefore, even if you are espada Aizen will only glorify you if you are useful and powerful. If another hollow is more powerful, you drop rank and they jump rank. It makes sense.

If Nel was kicked out 1+ years ago, why did Nnoitra mention Aizen as if he was there and ruling over them already?

The way I look at it, the structure of the Espada constantly changes. It doesn't matter what rank a specific Espada is; it's always susceptible to change. This was shown when Luppi was given #6 after GJ's foiled attack on the human world.

Back
Top Bottom