• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Shanks and Mihawk vs Kaido and Big Mom

Who wins?

• Shanks/Mihawk win

• Big Mom/Kaido win

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fel1x

Friend of Grummles
lol at people saying someone is stronger than Kaido

how much more Oda has to say that Kaido is strongest pirate?

he said it as narrator, he said it by the words of multiple characters, he said it in SBS

MYJC

Cunning Linguist
We have basically nothing to go on for Shanks other than portrayal, and we've never really seen Mihawk serious.

So...IDK.

I guess if we go strictly by portrayal then I'll go with Kaido or Big Mom, since Kaido is the "Strongest Creature" and both him and BM have higher bounties than Shanks. Not much else to go on otherwise.

truedetectiveseason2intro

Trying to extrapolate exact percentages of difficulty and pl or oden’s durability from kaido vs oden is dumb. The point was oden was stronger and kaido’s victory was underhanded. It is meant to a surprise and a chance for characterization because kaido was bothered by how it went down. Flashback shouldn’t really affect kaido’s current standing just his standing in comparison to Roger.

There's still no implication that Mihawk is Yonkou tier. This was always the fandom's headcanon. Shanks, just like every other Yonkou didn't become a Yonkou from the day he was born. And Mihawk only fought him before losing his arm. There's no proof that Shanks was a Yonkou during that time. Until that is cleared up, he's still YFM/Admiral at best.

Turrin

玄武
LoL, you're saying that he'd block Kaido for a day or what ? :lmao Hybrid would blitz him like he did to current Luffy. Oden was a legend, but he was a legend against inexperienced, young Kaido. The guy had Moria as a peer back then. Years later even WB avoided him.
Kaido has improved a lot since then. We see lightning haki, another form of his fruit + lots of experience accumulated. You're dellusional when you say he hasn't improved when it's been stated in the manga that he has.

He has just shown haki of the exact form they had.

I'm not making shit up. LoL, let's stop here with the Oden can Blitz Hybrid Kaido.:lmao:lmao
1) The match would never last a day.

2) Oden blitz’d Kaidou before he could even react, so prove to me hybrid boosts reaction speed or Kaidou gets blitz’d

3) Where is your proof that he didn’t have those things before. I’m not saying he didn’t improve by the way, I’m saying we have zero evidence he improved enough to make a difference.

4) Showing Haki of a similar type doesn’t mean they are the same level. That’s like saying Vergo is the same level hardening as Kaidou. Super poor false equivalence argument

LightningForce

The manga couldn’t have made this any clearer

Kaido is the WSC & BM with her three homies is his nigh-equal in hybrid mode. Kaido intended to kill Lin Lin himself when she came over, while she just wanted an alliance, yet BM won him over in that regard

Both also have largely superior feats than the sword duo (for now maybe). Kaido one-shot pre-Udon Luffy w/ a named attack, BM two-shot Queen w/ no-named attacks. BM’s homies are immune to Haki attacks so unless either of them have fire-cutting abilities they can’t do shit, sword duo don’t have any DF shenanigans that can do anything to them

Anybody that uses BM’s moments against SH need to be reminded that a serious Mihawk couldn’t even kill pre-TS Luffy (& yes he was dead serious. The title of the chapter was even called “Luffy vs Mihawk”). Plot shield does wonders for the SH doesn’t it?

Anybody that votes in favor of Shanks/Mihawk is solely due to favoritism or (unfounded) future expectation. As of now, based on Mihawk’s performance in MF & equal scaling of Shanks to Mihawk, the sword duo get splatted & electrocuted & burned seven ways till Sunday

Lord Stark

Warden of the North
I'd lean Shanks & Mihawk because I feel like their fighting styles are more conducive to team fighting. A Hakai from Shanks & Mihawk would likely be superior to BM & Kaido because they are both raw swordsmen & haki masters vs. BM & Kaido who are more well rounded with DF abilities and monstrous durability.

blueWaves

In terms of feats, BM and Kaido take it because those 2 have serious stuff while the bladed duo don't have much feats.

But with the combination of the narrative and statements and future plot progression, it makes more sense it's Shanks and Mihawk.

Extremely close fight, but Shanks and Mihawk take it.

LightningForce

I'd lean Shanks & Mihawk because I feel like their fighting styles are more conducive to team fighting. A Hakai from Shanks & Mihawk would likely be superior to BM & Kaido because they are both raw swordsmen & haki masters vs. BM & Kaido who are more well rounded with DF abilities and monstrous durability.

Kaido and BM’s Hakai wasn’t even infused with BH. That was just their natural strength. And they’re certainly not lacking in the Haki department either as hyped up by Rooftop Law whose Haki is not too far off in strength from the other Rooftop members so as to not be able to teleport them

Mihawk and Shanks only got BH. They may arguably have better Haki than the other two, but significantly better Haki to compensate for a BH-infused, strength-charged attack from Hybrid Kaido and BM? Only Roger and WB have that privilege with their clash portrayal

Perrin

Shanks and Mihawk play noughts and crosses on the two most durable characters in the series to hype them up but each wins one game to further trigger the fandom.

Mihawk

Adversity
In terms of feats, BM and Kaido take it because those 2 have serious stuff while the bladed duo don't have much feats.

But with the combination of the narrative and statements and future plot progression, it makes more sense it's Shanks and Mihawk.

Extremely close fight, but Shanks and Mihawk take it.

Damn, this is probably the most objective answer I've seen. + reps

AmitDS

Before I would have said either way or Shanks and Mihawk extreme diff but I really do wonder how strong Mihawk is supposed to really be. Especially in MF, Oda did a lot of shit to bring into question him being Emperor leveled and, unlike Kaido's death wish /playing with his food or Big Mom's psychosis and reckless, cartoon like behavior, Mihawk was never given an excuse for this.

Everyone expects Shanks and the WSS title to save him but will it? Will Oda make Shanks something beyond a swordsman since he lost his arm and were seeing new types of Haki related powers?

In theory, Luffy fighting BB and Zoro fighting Shiryuu before Zoro fights Mihawk would make Mihawk seem less than BB, Luffy, Shanks, Kaido, Big Mom, Prime WB, Roger etc for example, unless Zoro and Shiryuu are emperor leveled before.

The way I see it, Zoro is dragging Mihawk down while Shanks is pulling him up, power wise and Oda can go either way when the time comes. If Zoro equals Luffy EOS or comes close then it can be logical to place Mihawk on the same level as the emperors, and say him and Shanks win for sure.

Red Admiral

this people might be top 4 of the verse

but since I still can't be sure Mihawk is a legit Yonko level ... I have to go against Shanks and vote for Rocks duo

Top Bottom