• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Rules of the Battledome [Re-revised] / Suggestions and Concerns

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
@LostSelf @FlamingRain @MShadows
Hey, why did my thread get closed?

I am genuinely curious, because if it's:
- necroing: Marvel has been necroing 40 threads a week and they don't get locked
- feat discussion: there's a Nukite feat thread that's not locked and also the mod MShadows himself posted "Happy Holidays" thread or whatever and it stays open till today, surely feat-related thread is more relevant to NBD than that?

So I'd like to please know the reason, and I'd like to ask for thread unlock if possible.

Last edited:

MShadows

Deathbat
@LostSelf @FlamingRain @MShadows
Hey, why did my thread get closed?

I am genuinely curious, because if it's:
- necroing: Marvel has been necroing 40 threads a week and they don't get locked
- feat discussion: there's a Nukite feat thread that's not locked and also the mod MShadows himself posted "Happy Holidays" thread or whatever and it stays open till today, surely feat-related thread is more relevant to NBD than that?

So I'd like to please know the reason, and I'd like to ask for thread unlock if possible.
It was a thread with no replies from July 2019 and @trocollo necroed it.
Necroing is against the rules.

LostSelf

Forest Sage

Marvel continued necroing? He was even banned for doing so, as this is against the rules.

If you see this happening, please report it. That way we can avoid something like this, where one thread is left open because nobody saw it and another one getting locked. We are aware of many things, but sometimes some threads can slip by us.

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
Marvel continued necroing? He was even banned for doing so, as this is against the rules.

If you see this happening, please report it. That way we can avoid something like this, where one thread is left open because nobody saw it and another one getting locked. We are aware of many things, but sometimes some threads can slip by us.
Okay.

And can I just report the thread again, so this time it's "new" and I can debate the people who wanna debate me on the arguments in the OP?

MShadows

Deathbat
also the mod MShadows himself posted "Happy Holidays" thread or whatever and it stays open till today, surely feat-related thread is more relevant to NBD than that?[/USER]
How rude...

I had just been appointed NBD mod and wanted to wish the community happy holidays.
It was a thoughtful thread made in the spirit of the holiday season!

But I guess not everyone appreciates this kind of things... :tiredpepe

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
How rude...

I had just been appointed NBD mod and wanted to wish the community happy holidays.
It was a thoughtful thread made in the spirit of the holiday season!

But I guess not everyone appreciates this kind of things... :tiredpepe
No, don't get me wrong, I loved your thread & I like threads like that, I think they deserve to stay open.
But I also think threads about feats or character's intelligence then deserve to stay opened as well.

Actually I just hate the concept of locking threads overall.

I love friendliness, but I hate hypocrisy - that's what I am fighting here.

Last edited:

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
Also this shouldn't have gotten locked either, honestly don't see why it did.

I legit posted feats into that, I was talking there about Tobirama&Minato and made arguments, it was just creatively handled, but it doesn't mean that it's not NBD-related.

Can someone explain that?

Honestly not even trolling.

Bonly

It was a thread with no replies from July 2019 and @trocollo necroed it.
Necroing is against the rules.

Spoiler:

On the other hand, 'necroing/necrobumping' - resurrecting a thread more than a month old - is generally frowned upon in this section, but is not bannable as long as the post is contributive, or new information has been brought to light in the manga (introduction of new jutsu, feats, et cetera). Posting just to boost your count can and will be punished.

Technically by the rules shouldn't the nerco of @t0xeus thread be allowed since it was a contributive post from Troco which started up a debate/conversation? It's not like he posted and said "Insert character wins or rapes or destroys, etc." and just left upon which I can see that type of stuff being considered post count boasting.

Munboy Dracule O'Brian

Well, if people who flame get banned, people who blatantly bait constantly such as Hussain must face some consequence, surely. Right? At, least, that's how it used to be. Of course, unless baiting is cool now, I just want clarification on that.

Troyse22

Shuts down the Sannin camp
Well, if people who flame get banned, people who blatantly bait constantly such as Hussain must face some consequence, surely. Right? At, least, that's how it used to be. Of course, unless baiting is cool now, I just want clarification on that.

Ive just learned to be passive aggressive, it's all I can do about being baited cause mods don't do a goddamn thing about bait.

No no

They put the clowns baiting up for MOTM

J★J♥

Vento Aureo
Can we make a rule that if someone refers to Tobirama and has Uchiha avatar he has to say Master Tobirama instead of just Tobirama ?

LostSelf

Forest Sage
We all should pretend Boruto doesn't exist. Kishimoto is senile by allowing the terrible things of this manga to happen.

Shazam

⚡⚡⚡
And despite that it will still generate more clicks than boruto :catshrug

We all should pretend Boruto doesn't exist. Kishimoto is senile by allowing the terrible things of this manga to happen.

Lol Boruto as a sequel to Naruto is what Legend of Korra was to Avatar the Last Airbender, if you get my drift:

:whistle:whistle:whistle:whistle
:gglife:yousmart

Still. Naruto mamga is over has been for sometime now. Getting with the times is better, and Boruto series is the only reason why anyone would ever bother with this forum anymore because its still giving those characters life.

LostSelf

Forest Sage
Still. Naruto mamga is over has been for sometime now. Getting with the times is better, and Boruto series is the only reason why anyone would ever bother with this forum anymore because its still giving those characters life.

More Naruto related threads are made, though. Equal if I am being generous. I feel what guides people here is Naruto, not Boruto. But I could be wrong.

I could not change the name if I wanted to, though. That's some Admin stuff.

Shazam

⚡⚡⚡
More Naruto related threads are made, though. Equal if I am being generous. I feel what guides people here is Naruto, not Boruto. But I could be wrong.

I could not change the name if I wanted to, though. That's some Admin stuff.

More thread topics of naruto because the manga has been entirely fleshed out, while we still have a lot of questions about character strength in boruto. Making it hard to debate on them. Boruto being current, also gives people interest in the entirety of the franchise which includes Naruto. Much like how Super does for DB now.

Tri

✌️
Naruto as a brand is still much larger and probably will always be larger than Boruto will ever be meaning it will draw more clicks as people who are looking to discuss Naruto do not necessarily care about Boruto (i.e me) and if they do want to discuss Boruto there's an entire section in which large majority of the threads are Boruto related in New Leaf. There's legitimately no reason to change the url to anything Boruto related other then hoping it draws more traction to the site which would not be the case.

Shazam

⚡⚡⚡
Naruto as a brand is still much larger and probably will always be larger than Boruto will ever be meaning it will draw more clicks as people who are looking to discuss Naruto do not necessarily care about Boruto (i.e me) and if they do want to discuss Boruto there's an entire section in which large majority of the threads are Boruto related in New Leaf. There's legitimately no reason to change the url to anything Boruto related other then hoping it draws more traction to the site which would not be the case.

If Boruto never existed, by now this forum would have all but completely dissipated

Shazam

⚡⚡⚡
That is hilariously wrong.

I dont think it is. The naruto manga ended nearly 7 years ago. How much longer do you think people would have kept interest in debating the same topics over and over if not for the hope and life that this current series is providing it?

Tri

✌️
I dont think it is. The naruto manga ended nearly 7 years ago. How much longer do you think people would have kept interest in debating the same topics over and over if not for the hope and life that this current series is providing it?
The anime which was where most western fans followed the series ended a little less than 4 years ago for one. Two, the NBD which is still one of the most popular sections on the site and a vast majority of discussions are Naruto related and do not have anything to do with Boruto bar the occasional thread or two which is funny because the New Leaf which isn't as popular as the NBD has a majority of its discussions relate to Boruto so even in the small sample size that is our forum it seems Naruto discussions are still providing more posts than the Boruto discussions. Three, we have entire sections outside of the Naruto avenue that bring their own traction with notable examples being the OBD, Alley, and DB section during Super's run. The idea that this site needed Boruto or even needs to rebrand to Boruto to increase it's popularity to continue is actually just flat out wrong

Top Bottom