• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Rules of the Battledome [Re-revised] / Suggestions and Concerns

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
Yeah that's a good idea. :kthumbGood luck with those Jōnin Exams!
Thanks <3

Anyways I might do a signing up thread for the tourney/league

Better to do that in advance I think

But have to decide first what format is the best

Either regular tournament or a league

Mad Scientist

Skyclad Observer
Thanks

Anyways I might do a signing up thread for the tourney/league

Better to do that in advance I think

But have to decide first what format is the best

Either regular tournament or a league
I'd advise on asking about future interest for now (you could also gather feedback on what they'd want, a league or a tournament).

Closer to the date of the tournament beginning, like say 3-4 weeks beforehand, is when I'd personally start the sign ups.

Bonly

Maybe instead of banning active posters to kill this already dying section, you could maybe host a tournament or perhaps create MotM that posters have been asking for for months?

Just a suggestion mods :lul

Or active members can stop doing multiple bannable things to prevent being banned. Though I don't think mods need to host a torunment when it was always poster in the past so I doubt they'd do it now and I doubt they'd bring back MoTM unless people find a way to fix the problems people had complained about

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
Or active members can stop doing multiple bannable things to prevent being banned. Though I don't think mods need to host a torunment when it was always poster in the past so I doubt they'd do it now and I doubt they'd bring back MoTM unless people find a way to fix the problems people had complained about
It's hard to tell what is a bannable thing when mods have not cared about those for a good while, but now suddenly they became super serious about it and enforce all rules.

The inconsistency in what mods treat as bannable and unbannable makes it hard for the more emotional posters to keep it down

Though I agree it's a step in the right direction that mods started caring at last about the enforcement of the rules

Bonly

It's hard to tell what is a bannable thing when mods have not cared about those for a good while, but now suddenly they became super serious about it and enforce all rules.

The inconsistency in what mods treat as bannable and unbannable makes it hard for the more emotional posters to keep it down

Though I agree it's a step in the right direction that mods started caring at last about the enforcement of the rules

To be fair the bannable things don't change just because a mods do or don't care about it, their still bannable things so if someone does them then it's a risk they take but yeah the inconsistency of the mods is a problem

Last edited:

Marvel

To be fair the bannable things don't change just because a mods do or don't care about it, their still bannable things so if someone does them then it's a risk they take but yeah the inconsistency of the mods is a problem
Context and severity matter. Also the moderator them self plays a part in it. Most if not all mods operate differently. If a mod dosen't like you they can ban you for something you did long ago.

Bonly

Context and severity matter. Also the moderator them self plays a part in it. Most if not all mods operate differently. If a mod dosen't like you they can ban you for something you did long ago.

I'm only talking about the mods in this section and I doubt they'll ban someone for something they did long ago so I don't think that's a problem for the NBD section. Can't say much about the rest of the place

Marvel

I'm only talking about the mods in this section and I doubt they'll ban someone for something they did long ago so I don't think that's a problem for the NBD section. Can't say much about the rest of the place
Oh ok yeah. Don't we only have Blu-Ray as a mod here? On top of that i feel the bans here are tame. I don't see many people getting ban unless they DESERVED it like Android if you remember

Bonly

Oh ok yeah. Don't we only have Blu-Ray as a mod here? On top of that i feel the bans here are tame. I don't see many people getting ban unless they DESERVED it like Android if you remember

We have blu ray along with Lostself and Ryuzaki for mods here though it might as well only be Lost. People here usually don't get banned here since the mods are so laid back, just recently have they been banning people like Maru and Sans and Worlds.

Marvel

We have blu ray along with Lostself and Ryuzaki for mods here though it might as well only be Lost. People here usually don't get banned here since the mods are so laid back, just recently have they been banning people like Maru and Sans and Worlds.
Maru's banned? That's a good thing actually lol. What did WS get banned for that time

Bonly

Maru's banned? That's a good thing actually lol. What did WS get banned for that time

Yup he's gone for now. No clue what Worlds got banned for but I think he was gone for a few days to a week, maybe a week and a half

Santoryu

Judge of The Judges/ On a break
If the public signs a petition I will be assigned a mod.

The current mods are too inactive sadly.

Soul

Agent of Justice
Maybe instead of banning active posters to kill this already dying section, you could maybe host a tournament or perhaps create MotM that posters have been asking for for months?

Just a suggestion mods :lul

They have both been done and failed. People just aren't interested.

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
I just wanted to say good job to the mods for the amazing job they've done the last week or two. :hurr

And on that same topic, I wanted to ask if it'd be possible to have a banner for this section like in the old days? :)

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
@LostSelf

would it be possible to please get a section/sub-board of NBD for not necessarily VS threads but something that functions as containment for stuff like q&a, rate me as a poster, worst statements etc?

Community obviously wants it. :catthinks

trocollo

@LostSelf

would it be possible to please get a section/sub-board of NBD for not necessarily VS threads but something that functions as containment for stuff like q&a, rate me as a poster, worst statements etc?

Community obviously wants it. :catthinks
Isn't HoU good for that?
Seems like people are divided even in the subsection of Naruto Avenue

Stonaem

Anime is canon
I've had this one floating around my mind for well over a year, but until now i always thought that it wasn't necessary.

Now in an intellectual platform, i would think the point is to safeguard the exchange of ideas and beliefs and (hopefully) work (together) to improve the perspective of everyone.

Consider this example:
One person creates several accounts. They do nothing wrong with each account
Another sticks to one account, and after building a reputation of a senior member starts trolling and such.

Who is more likely to be banned? From my experience it's the guy with multiple accounts.

But isn't the troll a greator impediment to proper debate?

Would your answer to the scenario change if the dupe-meister simply created dupes to better expres the different sides to them? Sort of like, they recognise the value of both feats and statements, but because they see feats being misused overly, they feel the need to always side with statements in order to try to balance the scales by teaching the virtues of the undervalued side. However, this means they never get to properly express their actual opinion and feel they can't do so through their first account because it already has a reputation which leads to bias from receivers and such. So they have multiple.accounts to express different sides which normally wouldn't get necessary attention through a single account.

From my experience, the answer wouldn't change. From my experience, ever since New Dawn and Pumpkin Potion got banned, the legal system of the BD has really only been working to maintain a comfortable status quo of opinion and perspective.

How ironic, considering we come from days when Itachi was considered a tough match-up for Hashirama.

New Dawn was told in the very first reply to his very first thread to get lost by a senior member. He got banned, senior member . . . ?
Pumpkin Potion faced animosity like none I've ever seen anyhere on the net. Naturally he reacted to it in kind. He got banned, dunno about his opposers.
Threads get locked when there's clear and unequivocal evidence of there being a debate to be had, but because of popular opinion (literally a fallacy) that seems to count for nothing and threads are deemed imbalanced.

So help me understand this much: What is the purpose of our laws? To what end do our mods apply themselves? Because unless certain past actions are admitted as mistakes (which we all make, last i checked), it really seems like something an intellectual centre should not be. I ask sincerely.

trocollo

New Dawn was told in the very first reply to his very first thread to get lost by a senior member. He got banned, senior member . . . ?
Pumpkin Potion faced animosity like none I've ever seen anyhere on the net. Naturally he reacted to it in kind. He got banned, dunno about his opposers.
Did they get banned beacause they were dupes?

On the argument, alloving dupes could lead to spam, where one makes a post and then responds on it with another account, or rates himself with his 10 dupes, or when making polls basically his opinion counts for 10

If a person thinks that A>B it's not gonna have a change of opinion if an account newly created states the contrary, It's not like people say: "Ah that guy always wanks X, so his argument on him is invalid" They still respond to each other, maybe with a "Ah you really like to wank him" and such, but the points made in the argument are still discussed

Stonaem

Anime is canon
Did they get banned beacause they were dupes?

On the argument, alloving dupes could lead to spam, where one makes a post and then responds on it with another account, or rates himself with his 10 dupes, or when making polls basically his opinion counts for 10

If a person thinks that A>B it's not gonna have a change of opinion if an account newly created states the contrary, It's not like people say: "Ah that guy always wanks X, so his argument on him is invalid" They still respond to each other, maybe with a "Ah you really like to wank him" and such, but the points made in the argument are still discussed
No, they got banned for being potty-mouthed.

I agree with your first point on the danger of dupes, but the second one has its limits. It's the thing with having a reputation, but strengthened because here you don't see the face of the other guy to remind you that they are human (and therefore possessing multiple perspectives, which can change).

Naturally there are exceptions, which may even be the norm, but you do get such a thing.

trocollo

No, they got banned for being potty-mouthed.
So what had they to do with creating dupes? Like they returned with dupes? From how you said it seemed like they had a different opiniong on something and a memeber that had some kind of seniority powers managed to get them banned

I agree with your first point on the danger of dupes, but the second one has its limits. It's the thing with having a reputation, but strengthened because here you don't see the face of the other guy to remind you that they are human (and therefore possessing multiple perspectives, which can change).

Naturally there are exceptions, which may even be the norm, but you do get such a thing.
But seems like not having dupes is the choice that has the less worst consequences given all the proplems they bring with them
A solution I can think for your problem could be some kind of guest accounts, where you can post something with it
This can be done in two ways:
- A feature for registered user, that can chose to post something anonymously (but the admins and moderators will still be able to see who it is that posted that, for moderations purposed ofc)
- A feature for non registered users, where anyone can post something without being registered, this seems rather impracticable, mods should read the thing before making it public to protect the forum from offensive content or spam

So the first one could work, but I'd restrict that to things like 10 posts for year or something like that (more or less Idk)
Giving that in the fist case the gust account is still linked to the original, rep could be still sended (but not the reactions, beacause by an increrase in their number people could deduce to what account the guest one is linked)

Stonaem

Anime is canon
So what had they to do with creating dupes? Like they returned with dupes? From how you said it seemed like they had a different opiniong on something and a memeber that had some kind of seniority powers managed to get them banned
Theyre separate from the dupes thing. The whole thing about dupes vs trollijg wasjust an example to illustrate a point on what should be considered offensive and not. New Dawn and Pumpkin Potion were actual real cases we've had.

Yes, I feel that they got banned or at least unprotected because senior members didn't like them.

Your solution is great, best I can imagine. Tho I should say I was just trying to illustrate the idea that folks should be judged on what they do in the immediate, instead of simply a category on which their actions fall.

Top Bottom