• LL
    Voting is live in The LifeStyle Lounge-Animal Photo Contest!
    The poll closes on Dec 1, 2021 at 2:06 AM UTC.
  • It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.

Rise of the Runelords

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Momentarily confused by the sight of "Aldern" right beside him, while the other Aldern just morphed into a human-shaped nightmare, Gorrendux grunts and wipes his eyes. Warily watching Mirenia who currently resembles Aldern.... but we can never be entirely sure.... Gorrendux uses his move action to pull out a wand. With the stubby wooden wand, he casts Bless on the party, granting everyone a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. (The bard's Inspire Courage is a competence bonus, so they should stack.)
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
To the surprise of everyone, all of Rose's shots miss.

Spoiler: somewhere





Addo, tries to attack the Iesha Stalker but misses both times.

Vela throws an area of grease on the stairs. Aldern Stalker notices this and lowers their center of gravity to balance and avoid falling down and likely slide down the stairs, then they gracefully step out of the stairs and into the second floor, out of view from the party.

Iesha Stalker on the other hand is starting to feel the heat. They focus on the woman who appeared as she seems the biggest threat right now. They slash down with fury, managing to get a cut. (-10 Sumara)


Round 2
Vela 21
Addo 19
Rose 19
Gorrendux 19
Face Stalker Aldern 17 (-15hp)
Face Stalker Iesha 15 (-29hp, on fire)
Sumara 8 (-10 hp)
Aldern/Mirenia 3

@Bird Masked @Hidden Nin are up!
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mirenia grits her teeth at the escape of one of the stalkers, before she shifts from insults to music, singing the Song of Seven Storms Running, ironically enough.

(Activating Inspire Courage.)
 

Bird Masked

New Member
Sumara hissed as the creature drew blood, but she'd had worse. The bravo bounded past the flaming creature that had looked like Iesha and traipsed up the stair. She hit the greasy steps like a mountain goat hopping surefooted from rock to rock until she reached the top and came to a halt facing down...nothing.

Wary, Sumara held her blade at the ready and looked for signs of her quarry's passage, but nothing presented itself for the moment.

((Lots of acrobatics past Iesha and up the stair, planning to Parry and Riposte any melee attack she takes before her next turn))
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Rose's arrows bring down not-Iesha and the body falls to the ground limp.

Vela dispels the grease and flies up to try to get a glimpse of the second floor through the window. She sees a large study with a double door in the back.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Addo double moves up the stairs looking for the Aldern-impostor... He passes Sumara into what would be a little hallway and sees the creature is hiding just around the corner waiting for anyone to cross. Addo advances, blocking the sword with his shield and staying in place, now cutting his escape.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Seeing himself blocked by a wall of steel and sword he tries to book it going to the back. Addo makes a nasty slash on his back and the creature hisses in pain but continues forward until he reaches the right door and suddenly... he starts... melting? His body compresses like a rubbery substance until it is impossibly small and it squeezes from under the door. A second later, you hear groaning and bones snapping back into place on the other side and a then... the sound of a window breaking.


Round 3
Vela 21
Addo 19
Rose 19
Gorrendux 19
Face Stalker Aldern 17 (18 non lethal, -13hp lethal)
Sumara 8 (-10 hp, second floor)
Aldern/Mirenia 3

@Hidden Nin @Bird Masked are up!
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mire -- Aldern rushes up the stairs after the others, breathing heavy and out of breath. "Which way is he?!" she asks quickly, looking around wildly.
 

Bird Masked

New Member
Sumara's ears pricked at the sound of the breaking window. "Oh no you don't," she growled, and rushed down the hall after Mirenia to open the door the creature had passed under.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
The door to the room is opened! This is clearly a guestroom. There's a bed and a desk, but most importantly, it's empty and the window is broken. Not-Aldern appears to have jumped out of the window!

Round 4
Vela 21
Addo 19
Rose 19
Gorrendux 19

Face Stalker Aldern 17 (18 non lethal, -13hp lethal)
Sumara 8 (-10 hp, second floor)
Aldern/Mirenia 3
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Addo races into the room and dives out the window after the creature with all the grace an finesse one expects of the metal-clad priest. He tries to land with a heavy swing but instead lands heavy.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
The stalker hears clang clang clang approaching the window from above and you can hear him mutter "oh no". He has just enough time to bend back, avoiding most of the falling armored hulk and his sword (-2). Addo is now prone at his feet.

Round 4
Vela 21
Addo 19 ( +9 temp HP, prone)
Rose 19
Gorrendux 19

Face Stalker Aldern 17 (18 non lethal, -15hp lethal)
Sumara 8 (-10 hp, second floor)
Aldern/Mirenia 3
 

Foemidor

Member
At the sound of glass breaking Vela wills herself to move, Grasping her hat tightly at the brim while she's propelled up and over the roof of the home. Spotting the stalker and Addo she casts Slow.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Gorrendux moves back to the first floor and opens the large double door that lead to a dining room. The back doors are boarded.

As she flies up, Vela can tell a few people have started to peek out of their homes and more than a few passersby have stopped in surprise.

The magic hits and takes hold on the faceless stalker, slowing him down. "D a m n !" he curses slowly under his breath and starts moving out of Addo's square provoking an AoO.

((I'm going to skip Rose as she doesn't have any line of sight

Round 4
Vela 21
Addo 19 ( +9 temp HP, prone)
Rose 19
Gorrendux 19
Face Stalker Aldern 17 (18 non lethal, -15hp lethal)
Sumara 8 (-10 hp, second floor)
Aldern/Mirenia 3


@Cardboard Tube Knight is up.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Rose double moves up and arrives behind Mirenia and Sumara.
Addo doesn't manage to strike the creature but he feels pretty confident they will be able to catch up with it/kill it now.

Round 4
Vela 21
Addo 19 ( +9 temp HP, prone)
Rose 19
Gorrendux 19
Face Stalker Aldern 17 (18 non lethal, -15hp lethal)
Sumara 8 (-10 hp, second floor)
Aldern/Mirenia 3



@Bird Masked @Hidden Nin are up
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Mirenia and Sumara gracefully jump and soft fall at Addo's side. Sumara moves forward and strikes the creature with the pommel of her estoc knocking him out for good before he can escape.

Combat over.

Outside, at the front door, a small group of people have gathered. Some are calling the guards.

"Some thieves!"
"Are those the murderers?"
"That elven girl flew over the house!"

With the level of increased security you saw earlier, it should take more than a minute for guards to arrive to the scene to investigate the commotion.

What do you want to do?
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Addo pulls himself to his feet and looks towards the sound of the noise. "I'd go try and calm things down but guards will probably be here before I can get out of the yard." He glances at "Aldern" before continuing, "this might be a situation where discretion might be in our best interest?"
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Aldern takes a deep breath, composing himself. "They may want to look around, I bet. I'll furnish a story, but you'll need to be scarce," he informs them, before turning back towards the house, unlocking the back door, and moving towards the front door to emerge. "Please, please. Go about your business, there is nothing to see. Simply a bit of a misunderstanding -- I apologize for the commotion, fair neighbors!"
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
While most of the people disperse, there's still more than a few neighbors still standing at their doors waiting to see what happens.

After a minute, a trio of guards rush in front of the house. "Where?" A female guard inquires arriving, and some neighbors just point to the house and Aldern. She turns to him and nods. "Sir, is something wrong? The guard was called here saying there was a commotion."
 
Top Bottom