• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • LL
    Check out The Lifestyle Lounge Short Stories Competition!
    Deadline is July 26th, 2021 midnight, UCT..
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Rise of the Runelords

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Gorrendux rises much the same as Addo: prayer, meditation, and a grim demeanor of stalwart determination about him. He casts Lesser Restoration on himself, nearly restoring him to full strength Even though he will carry his longspear today, he plans to wield a different weapon for this upcoming fight. After donning Nualia's breasplate, he makes sure the horse Shadowmist is well fed and watered. Then Gorrendux proceeds back down into the dungeon, to the dread door. He pulls out the 7-pointed object, which appears to fit said door. When everyone is ready, he will cast Protection from Evil on himself, Sayuri, and Rose, and he will cast Magic Weapon on Rose's weapon -- each of those spells last 4 minutes. Only then, he will insert the sihedron into the door's recess, and see what happens.....
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
The cleric places the star in the door and it would seem to magically stick to it, glowing golden for a second and then the doors open towards them.


This room is lit primarily by a 10-foot-long pit of f lickering fire that fills the room with a strange humid heat and the smell of burning hair. In the northern corners of the room, wooden risers each hold several dozen golden candles that burn without melting, while to the south the wall bears an immense carving of a seven-pointed star. The fire pit is only a few inches deep...

But it doesn't look like there's someone here...

Perception rolls everyone!
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mirenia rises early feeling refreshed but still somewhat worn from the events of the previous day. She makes sure to go over what she's been able to piece together about their likely foe to the others again, and nods expectantly to Gorrendux as he produces the Seven Pointed Star to open the door. Blinking once, she remembers something, quickly handing off a trinket to Sayuri. "I almost forgot -- this was Nualia's. I think it did just a bit to protect her so...maybe there's some part of her legacy that might help you, even with how much she's tried to take from Sandpoint." She gives Sayuri the 7 pointed medallion with False Life and +1 to Saving Throws.

As the doors are thrown open the songstress clasps her hands and closes her eyes, humming a low, haunting sound from the back of her throat. (Activating Limning Song for 1 round of Bardic Performance, 12/13 Rounds).

 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
The wave of music rolls forward and suddenly, there's a massive flare in front of you, on the other side of the fire pit.

While it technically has not dispelled the invisibility, you can now see the outline of the creature glowing. It roars in a strange combination of infernal, goblin and common. "FEED! FEED! I'LL DEVoUr You!"

Round 1
Sura'ak 20
Malfeshnekor 15
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9
 

Yami Munesanzun

I am now having ALL teh segzy.
The first thing that hit the group was the stench - the musky odor like that of a beast trapped in a dank cave, churned with the reek of sulfur and rot. The next was an aura of anger, hatred and hunger, enraged yet even further from being imprisoned for an untold time.

Although, honestly, the smell was worse.

Sura'ak remained at the doorway with the group, anticipating movement from the creature within the room, preparing to guard as necessary.

Total Defense
 
Last edited:

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Malfeshnekor growls, seeing the others have stayed outside the range of the door.

He speaks again in a broken combination of goblin, infernal and common. "FOOLS. I'LL REACH YOU. I'LL REACH THEM. MY LITTLE SERVANTS! ALL GOBLINS ARE MINE! THEY WILL COME AND WE WILL FEAST ON YOUR FLESH!"

He stays in the back of the room and casts Crushing Despair. Doing that, dispels the invisibility, showing his full body.



But the Protection from evil keeps the effect from taking root in their minds. He roars in frustration.


Round 1
Sura'ak 20 (round 2)
Malfeshnekor 15
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9


Everyone is up!
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mirenia draws her shortbow and switches her song to one meant to inspire courage in their group as they face down the trapped but still mentally ravaged demon before them.

(Drawing shortbow as a Move Action, switching to Inspire Courage as a Standard Action, activating Arcane Strike just because as a Swift Action.)
 

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Gasping at the sight of this demonic beast, Gorrendux steadies his resolves and utters a quick prayer to Pharasma, ending in, "Almighty Pharasma, Lady of Fates, sanctify this area against all fiends and demonic presences. Pharasma protect us!" He casts Sacred Space, targeted at the center of this room. ((The spell has a 20 foot radius. Evil take a –1 penalty on , damage rolls, and saving throws, and they cannot be called or summoned into a sacred space. Duration 8 hours.)) Then he takes a 5-foot-step.
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Rose affixes an arrow to her bow, the piece of ammunition taking on a slight sheen like the rest of the bow. She draws the string back and sends her shot between her companions to hit the abomination in front of them.

Longbow Attack (8), Weapon Focus(1), Bullseye Shot (4), Vicious Aim (1), Masterwork (1): 1d20 (10) + 15
Total: 25

Result: 1d8 (8) + 1
Total: 9
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
The fiend blinks surprised at the coordinated attack. While the arrow certainly did quite a lot of damage, the creature seems to have a lot of vitality and doesn't care.

Round 1
Sura'ak 20 (round 2)
Malfeshnekor 15 (-9HP)
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9

@EvilMoogle @briaremma and @Yami Munesanzun (for round 2) are up.
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
"Begone dark one," Addo says with serious intent. "This realm holds no place for your kind." With a solemn chant Addo casts Spiritual Weapon, summoning a glowing translucent longsword to attack the fiend.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 (19) + 8 Total: 27
Confirm: 1d20 (3) + 8 Total: 11
Force Damage (x2 if an 11 hits somehow): 1d8 (8) + 2 Total: 10
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
The Greater Barghest is engared by this afront! how DARE you attack him from safety!!

Round 1
Sura'ak 20 (round 2)
Malfeshnekor 15 (-20HP)
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9
 

briaremma

Member
Sayuri blinks for a moment at the outline of the screaming creature, and decides, whatever else is about to happen, that she'd like for whatever THAT is to be able to smack anyone getting near it a little less effectively.

So she narrows her eyes as she creates a diamond in the space between her hands, murmurs something low and mystical (and, oddly, with a rumbling growl beneath it). The sickly glow of the ray darts across the room, sinks into what she vaguely hopes is the invisible creature's chest.

Ray of Enfeeblement: 2 str damage for 3 rounds to the barghest
 

Yami Munesanzun

I am now having ALL teh segzy.
Curious - For all this beast's bluster and threats of oblivion, it seemed to be unable to cross the doorway. Much less leave the pit it had scrabbled about in for the past who-knows-how-long.

Quite honestly, it seemed too easy.

"...It is far too convenient, being this effortless - now, of all times."

Regardless, the Tiefling kept up his guard.

Total Defence
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
The creature seethes in frustration and disappears again.

Round 2
Malfeshnekor 15 (-20HP)
Sura'ak 14
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9



Everyone is up!
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mirenia lowers her bow for a moment then lifts her voice to adjust her song accordingly, casting Limning Verse again to reveal the demon to her allies. Seeing that he does not immediately appear, she moves past the others and to the threshold to cast her voice directly into the prison...

(Standard Action: Switching Bard Performance. 10/13 Rounds Left. Move Action to move past Addo and Gorrendux and stand in front of the prison.)
 
Last edited:

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
At first, there is no reaction. No magical flame indicating the fiend... but as she moves to the threshold the strongest waves of her song reach the creature in the corner.

Rose uses this chance to shoot again and just barely hits.

Round 2
Malfeshnekor 15 (-31HP)
Sura'ak 14
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14

Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Addo steps forward along side Mirenia, sword and shield readied for defense.

(Spiritual weapon whiffs, Addo moves forward and full defends this round, he'll see what the fiend does. He can/will give Mirenia a +2 shield if it's needed)
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Rose looses a second arrow at the creature.

Longbow Attack (8), Weapon Focus(1), Bullseye Shot (4), Vicious Aim (1), Masterwork (1): 1d20 (5) + 15
Total: 20

Result: 1d8 (8) + 3 Total: 11
 

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Gorrendux shifts east, then casts his own Spiritual Weapon at the creature. A glowing blue-white dagger appears out of thin air, then jets toward the fiendish dog-thing, but veers off course through the dark room.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Sura'ak moves into the room, crossing the threshold. The creature roars in delight and takes a 5ft closer to the northern wall. He bites on Sura'ak (-9 dmg) and then reaches to Addo at the threshold of the door with his claws, but his full defense combined with the sacred place effect is juuuust enough to block it.

Round 3
Malfeshnekor 15 (-31)
Sura'ak 14 (25/38 hp)
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9

Everyone is up
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Addo's spiritual weapon strikes Malfeshnekor.

Rose steps closer to the door to have a better look of the creature and shoots at him, making him hiss in pain. Dark blood spills from his side.


Round 3
Malfeshnekor 15 (-42)
Sura'ak 14 (25/38 hp)
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14

Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
With the creature well and truly revealed now, Mirenia switches back to Inspiring Courage to help her fellows with their aim. She moves into the room but keeps to the back as the others press their advantage and keep the greater demon between their front and the wall. (Standard Action: Inspire Courage. 5 foot step diagonally. 9/13 BP Rounds left)
 
Last edited:

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Gorrendux strides into the room, while mentally directing his spiritual dagger. The curved dagger of Pharasma twists & twirls through the air, then lands a direct hit, slashing the demon-dog viciously. (11 force damage, or 12 actually with Inspire Courage). Ready to heal anyone who might need it, Gorrendux takes up position directly behind Sura'ak and Addo.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
After Sura'aks two punches and Gorrenduxs strikes, Malfeshnekor is now very obviously hurt and in pain.

Round 3
Malfeshnekor 15 (-70)
Sura'ak 14 (25/38 hp)
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9

@briaremma Sayuri is left for the round.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Sayuri comes closer to the door and shoots, but the bolt is unable to get through.

Malfeshnekor unleashes all his fury on the less armored Sura'ak, and even with Addo's shield trying to defend him, the creature is able to bit him deeply and then claws at him, dropping him to the ground. He howls victorious, liking the blood around his jagged long teeth.


Round 4
Malfeshnekor 15 (-70)
Sura'ak 14 (-6/38 hp)
Mirenia 14
Gorrendux 14
Rose 12
Sayuri 11
Addo 9

Everyone is up! Sura'ak I would need a Constitution saving throw DC16 to stabilize unless someone heals you this round.
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Addo does his best to drive back the fiend, but both his sword and the force blade fail to connect, trusting in the capable cleric to heal Sura'ak.

(Swift action: increase bonus of longsword to +2 this round, not that it mattered.)
(AC 21+2(force)+2(dodge)=25 this round)
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mirenia's eyes widen as she begins to lower her bow and decides to switch tactics. Dropping the shortbow, she rounds the fire pit as she draws her longsword and imbues it with golden notes from her song directly. She stabs at the demon fiercely swiping but missing by a bit.

(Move action to move, Standard action to attack, swift action for arcane strike.)

#blessedly inspired arcane longsword: 1d20 (8) + 5 Total: 13
 

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Focused on the grievously wounded Tiefling, Gorrendux hurriedly leans over to touch Sura'ak's forehead. Loudly barking out a prayer to Pharasma, Gorrendux calls upon the Lady of Fates to heal the monk's wounds. The Cleric uses Cure Moderate Wounds to restore Sura'ak 18 HP. At the same, Gorrendux spends a bit of his mental faculties to look at the mystical dagger, and telepathically direct it to keep attacking the Barghest. At first, Pharasma's blade seems to miss, but then the dagger twirls around midair, and strikes the beast again! (8 force damage)
 
Top Bottom