• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Rise of the Runelords

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Rose points in at the rabbits in the cages. "Why are there all these rabbits? Are they breeding them or using them for food? I can't imagine that Goblins would keep pets."
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
It would seem they are being breed for food. You haven't seen particularly well fed goblins, other than the commandos... so maybe these are for the "higher rank"? Or to feed the goblin dogs perhaps.
 

Yami Munesanzun

I am now having ALL teh segzy.
After several minutes of silently observing the few party members that were busying themselves tending to the animals, Sura'ak returned Mirenia's gaze from the corner of his eyes.

". . .You fear me."
 

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Gorrendux burns a spell to cast Cure Light Wounds on the horse. Although he lacks anything to clean the horse, Gorrendux uses his gloved hands to wipe grime and mud from the noble steed. "You stay by us, friend. We'll get you out of here," he reassures the animal.
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mirenia murmurs something quietly to Sayuri in Tian, shaking her head. Then she moves over to join Gorrendux, activating Prestidigitation as a Spell Like Ability to begin cleaning off the fur of Shadowmist from a short distance away.

"Perhaps I can help with that."
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Shadowmist whines happily feeling refreshed and cleaned, he rubs his head against Gorrendux bringing him into a "hug". The party seems to have earned his trust. He looks towards the other open doors curiously sniffing for an exit but then snorts in disgust by noticing the goblin bodies beyond the south door. He stomps the ground aggressively.

He doesn't seem afraid of going there... more like he is preparing to fight them. Shadowmist is a heavy war horse after all. He is more than willing to attack goblins on his own or at your orders.
 

Yami Munesanzun

I am now having ALL teh segzy.
Following the cue of the horses' aggressive behavior, Sura'ak turned his attention to that same doorway.

Other than the ones that had brought him before their...employer, Sura'ak had actually encountered very few goblins - probably only the ones that were most recently dispatched. If there were any more goblins in the direction the group had just come from, then why hadn't they joined in? The screech of a panicked goblin is unmistakable, even more so among themselves.

On the other hand, more could be waiting beyond the north pathway...

Whether it be angry shrieks, the sound of metal hastily scraping, or what-have-you beyond the walls, Sura'ak stills his breathing, attempting to pick up any indication of the group's presence and deeds being noticed.


Perception Roll: 1d20 +7 = 19
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Sura'ak listens closely beyond the sounds of an eager horse's stomps, and the exchanges of this party... he can barely notice the sound of goblins talking somewhere else in the building. They are not "yelling" so it's hard to pin point... but certainly appears to come from your East.
 

Yami Munesanzun

I am now having ALL teh segzy.
Sura'ak approaches Addo, promptly motioning off towards the building to the immediate "right" (East) of the group. "Overheard conversing goblins, in that general direction."
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Addo nods gravely and pauses to pop the cork from the healing potion before drinking it down, shivering slightly as the magic works through his system. "Well, it wouldn't do to keep them waiting. Is everyone ready?"

Healing Potion: 1d8 (4) + 1 Total: 5
 

briaremma

Member
Sayuri shakes out her shoulders, from where she is standing- somewhat further away from the horse than the others (he has awfully big hooves, Shadowmist, and she's not totally sure how he feels about foxes, after all)- nods to Addo.

"Ready for whatever's next," she says, and then flashes a grin, "Though somehow, I bet it's gonna be more goblins!"
 

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
"Aye Addo, I'm ready," Gorrendux says. He looks at Sura'ak and adds, "Goblin sounds that way, eh? Good ears. Let's start there then."
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
A quick look through the north hallway reveals a small mostly empty room with some crude drawings of Sandpoint. It would appear this was the meeting room used by the goblins to coordinate amongs themselves. There's a few other doors beyond the hallway, but none of them lead east, so the party returns to the entry area and try the other double doors there...
At this point Shadowmist has gone around through the larger passage and casually kicks a few goblins out of his way to catch up with you.

This large throne room is decorated with hanging furs along its walls, mostly black-and-red striped firepelt skins, various dog pelts, and in some cases, what look like horse hides. Four square timbers support the ceiling, their faces studded with dozens of iron spikes, with the lower reaches decorated with dozens of impaled and severed hands in various stages of decay. To the northeast, a wooden platform supports a throne heaped with dog pelts and horse hides. Dog skulls adorn the armrests and a horse skull leers over the throne’s back.

Warchief Ripnugget, lord of the Thistletop goblin is here, sitting in his throne on top of his loyal giant gecko. He wears a small bent crown and carries himself with great pride. He looks at the party at the door and narrows his eyes.

"Stop right there. You have not yet earned the right to approach me, longshanks," Ripnugget says loud and clear.

"I have heard of you. My warriors who escaped Sandpoint talked of a big metal man, and the women who shoot and stab. Now you come to find justice and answers, yes?"

Ripnugget makes a slight sign of disgust looking at the freed Tiefling and Shadowmist behind them.

"Monster horse stays out of the room. Close the door behind you," he orders them and then turns his attention towards Gorrendux. "You, green longshank. You. You look like you understand the value of the spoken word over battle. I'll talk with you. You can approach," he waves his hand motioning him to his throne.


Does anyone close the double doors behind you to keep Shadowmist outside this room?

Everyone may roll for perception.

@EvilMoogle @Cardboard Tube Knight @Hidden Nin @briaremma @Ronnam @Yami Munesanzun
 
Last edited:

Yami Munesanzun

I am now having ALL teh segzy.
The upper length of Sura'ak's tail gently slaps against the floor, sending up a small, light cloud of dust, sand, and who knows what else with each contact. Immediately, the Tiefling returns this Warchief's silent glare with his own, then looks off to nowhere in particular, as if nothing had occurred, once the Warchief breaks his gaze.

Perception Roll: 1d20 +7 =25

Although goblins were adept at hiding themselves due to their generally small stature, they typically had a hard time keeping quiet.

Picking up what sounded akin to claws scrabbling against a stone surface, and the occasional stifled cackle of anticipation - nearly covered up when the Warchief spoke - Sura'ak supposed that at least 3 were using the vertical scaling of the columns to stay out of immediate sight, and likely at least one close by the Warchief.

The one at ground level should be easy enough to deal with, but the others had an immediate height advantage, element of surprise or not.

The Tiefling let out a sharp exhale, his tail smacked the ground one last time with a loud "thwack" that echoed loudly throughout this throne room and hall. And all fell silent.

"...Aeg ló-hén*." Catching himself, Sura'ak clears his throat. "Unwise is a Leader that leaves himself unguarded, intent on pleasantry or ill." He pauses again, kicking a nearby bone pile which scattering the remains around a few of the columns.

"...And yet, death seems to be your choice of adornment."

With another sharp exhale, Sura'ak falls silent yet again, and makes his way towards the back of the group - towards the door. In a hushed voice, he informs Addo in passing. "Columns. Throne."

He coughs.

Spoiler: Translation
*Fell Swamp-Child
 
Last edited:

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Leaving Sayuri and Rose to decide what to do with the doors, Gorrendux strides forward. Longspear in hand, the Half-Orc cleric responds to the Goblin leader, "Hail Warchief. You're right, I appreciate the spoken word, but it's easy to say that when you've already lost the battle. Let us parley. What say you? After your Goblins attacked Sandpoint, why shouldn't we burn this fort to the ground?"
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Ripnugget nods and smiles as Gorrendux gets closer to the throne... and then shouts. "NOW!"

Three commandos drop from the top of the columns and a familiar song starts!



SURPRISE ROUND

The three goblins swing at Gorrendux but only one strikes true (-6 gorrendux)


Only Sura'ak is able to move in this surprise round. @Yami Munesanzun


Round 1

Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12
Ripnugget 11
Addo 11
Sayuri 10
Goblin Warchanter 6
 

Yami Munesanzun

I am now having ALL teh segzy.
Emitting a low, rumbling sigh which could easily be mistaken for a hushed growl, the Tiefling quickly strides ahead of the group and towards the Commando on the left (Commando B). His steps clearly "thump"-ed with each footfall.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Normal rounds start now!

ROUND 1
Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12
Ripnugget 11
Addo 11
Sayuri 10
Goblin Warchanter 6 (INSPIRE COURAGE GOBLINS)



@Cardboard Tube Knight is up!
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Rose's shot misses Commando C.

Commando B tries to slash at Gorrendux but fails as well!



ROUND 1
Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14 (19/24)
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12
Ripnugget 11
Addo 11
Sayuri 10
Goblin Warchanter 6 (INSPIRE COURAGE GOBLINS)

Mirenia is up @Hidden Nin
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Mirenia's song begins in counterpoint to the goblin warsong, the bard understanding more of the language this time.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Commando C attempts to strike Gorrendux again... but even with their own inspiring song he's having trouble landing a hit.

ROUND 1
Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14 (19/24)
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12
Ripnugget 11
Addo 11
Sayuri 10
Goblin Warchanter 6 (INSPIRE COURAGE GOBLINS)


Gorrendux is up! @Ronnam
 

Ronnam

Gorrendux / Red Royb
Parrying the oncoming attacks of the Goblin Commandoes, Gorrendux carefully backs up 5 feet. He stabs at the Goblin next to Sura'ak, but the Goblin dodges out of the way.
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Commando A takes a 5ft step towards Sura'ak and FAILS his swing against the tiefling. Ripnugget is cursing at his minions. "PATHETIC!"



ROUND 1
Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17 (INSPIRE COURAGE PARTY 1/2)
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14 (19/24)
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12
Ripnugget 11
Addo 11
Sayuri 10
Goblin Warchanter 6 (INSPIRE COURAGE GOBLINS)

@Yami Munesanzun is up!
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Sura'ak unleashes his flurry of blows but the goblins are just too small and agile, managing to evade his hits.

Ripnugget yells in anger. "I'll show you how it's done!" he moves around the room, skillfully riding his gecko towards Sura'ak. He swings his shortsword and gets the tiefling in the side, and barks an order to his gecko to bite as well. (-16 Sura'ak)

The goblins cheer at their glorious leader! "HE'S SO GREAT! RIPNUGGET IS BIG GOBLIN HERO!" The warchanter adds to her song.


ROUND 1
Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17 (INSPIRE COURAGE PARTY 1/2)
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14 (19/24)
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12 (13/30)
Ripnugget 11
Addo 11
Sayuri 10

Goblin Warchanter 6 (INSPIRE COURAGE GOBLINS)


@EvilMoogle @briaremma are up!
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Addo swiftly enters the room to cover the tiefling, striking at the goblin leader as he moves.

Inspired Longsword: 1d20 (13) + 6 Total: 19
Damage: 1d8 (8) + 3 Total: 11

(He's also in position to give Sura'ak a +2 shield bonus as an immediate action)
 

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Addo's swing is powerful... but the edge of the sword scrapes down against the breastplate armor of Ripnugget. The Warchief's grin grows menacingly at him.

ROUND 1
Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17 (INSPIRE COURAGE PARTY 1/2)
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14 (19/24)
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12 (13/30)
Ripnugget 11
Addo 11 (15/27)
Sayuri 10

Goblin Warchanter 6 (INSPIRE COURAGE GOBLINS)
Shadowmist

@briaremma is up
 
Last edited:

soulnova

Hello Kyuubi
Suddenly... Ripnugget's blood start sprouting from his neck. It seems like Addo's sword actually got him. Ripnugget (-11). Then Sayuri moves close, but gets a swing of the Warchief on her arm (-9dm). She retaliates with her own stab.

The warchanter stammers for a second seeing their leader get hurt and she casts something on Addo (spellcraft DC16: Hideous Laughter). Will Save DC12 or fall prone and helpless with laughter. @EvilMoogle

At that moment... you hear a furious neigh and hooves approaching from behind. Mirenia has to move against the wall as Shadowmist storms into the throne room, bumping Rose to the side and turning to kick one of the goblins attacking Gorrendux. He fails to hit them but the commandos seem more than a bit surprised by his sudden presence.

"MONSTER HORSE IS INSIDE! BOSS! WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"KILL IT YOU, MORONS! FIGHT!"
Ripnugget snarls with frustration putting a hand on the wound.


ROUND 1
Rose 22
Commando B 18
Mirenia 17 (INSPIRE COURAGE PARTY 1/2)
Commando C 16
Gorrendux 14 (19/24)
Commando A 13
Sura'ak 12 (13/30)
Ripnugget 11 (-20)
Addo 11 (15/27)
Sayuri 10 (11/20)
Goblin Warchanter 6 (INSPIRE COURAGE GOBLINS)
Shadowmist

@Cardboard Tube Knight
 
Top Bottom