Rate Zoro as a character

Rating?

• 10 (Masterpiece)

• 5 (Average)

• 1 (Appalling)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Venom

One of the better vegeta clones so maybe a 7
Eeeeeh, how? Like whether Zoro is a good character or not I genuinely can't see how they are remotely similar other than being "badass" lol

OT: Obviously completely non-biased, objective rating of a character whose name I even once wore on this forum

Spoiler:
10/10

Perrin

On holiday
Eeeeeh, how? Like whether Zoro is a good character or not I genuinely can't see how they are remotely similar other than being "badass" lol
They both have odd hair, obsessed with a male rival, constantly train, always one step behind the main character, scarred by the greatest swordsman on the planet early in the story, and are badasses.

TheTwelfthKenpachi

Singe Savant
I love Zoro but objectively speaking, he fell down after TS.
Now he's pretty much just an empty badassedgelord.jpeg character. Which wouldn't be problematic if he wasn't pretty much the 2nd main character.

jesusus

Base Believer
6/10

For shonen standards he's far from being a grating obnoxious moron, so that puts him at the 5/10 mark already, but outside of flashy sword duels and one liners I don't find him all too interesting. Pre-Skip was a 7/10 because he had some cool story moments like vs Mihawk and giving up his life for Luffy. Post-skip he just seems to be there, bored as most post-skip readers are. :oldshrug

Strobacaxi

Well Known Member
Pre-Skip was a 7/10 because he had some cool story moments like vs Mihawk and giving up his life for Luffy. Post-skip he just seems to be there, bored as most post-skip readers are.
So you skipped Zoro giving up his life for Luffy in the rooftop?
Or the cool story moment of him reminiscing on his promises and unlocking CoC vs King?

Old good new bad is a plague in this forum jesus christ

TheTwelfthKenpachi

Singe Savant
So you skipped Zoro giving up his life for Luffy in the rooftop?
Or the cool story moment of him reminiscing on his promises and unlocking CoC vs King?

Old good new bad is a plague in this forum jesus christ
I love post-TS, post TS has my favorite arcs and character design I think is even cooler now; I just think Zoro lost some personality over time.
Zoro felt more alive back then when he was laughing with the crew, had his narcoleptic moments where he'd just fall asleep in the middle of a storm, etc. He's more epic than ever now, but also emptier to me.

Venom

They both have odd hair, obsessed with a male rival, constantly train, always one step behind the main character, scarred by the greatest swordsman on the planet early in the story, and are badasses.
I mean I could make a list of Luffy and Guts from Berserk with their similarities but they are still hardly similiar characters lol

Brian

          
10/10 masterpiece, easily my favorite character and Goda's second favorite next to Gaimon

Top Bottom