• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Rasa vs Tsunade

IzanagiSageKunai

As an Edo (weaker version) was some what Comparable to WA Gaara (imo WA Gaara Surpassed him). So logically, Alive Rasa would actually do ok against tsunade. BUT, I can still see Tsunade Wining with Med to High Diff.

Bonly

Tsunade powers through or jumps over his attacks and turns him into red mist eventually

Draghensalk

The Savior
Tsunade wins mid diff

This is my scaling:

WA Gaara>Third Kazekage>Rasa>Prime Chiyo>Bos Gaara=Old Chiyo+Bos Sakura=Sasori

Rasa is low kage level but ranked in the middle of this category

Tsunade is mid kage level

Mithos

The Chosen
All of this is headcanon.
While we don’t know how the confrontation between Orochimaru and Rasa went, the way it was mentioned and talked about it I don’t think we were supposed to believe Rasa gave Orochimaru a particularly hard time. Rasa was just a stepping stone to facing Hiruzen, who had the reputation as the strongest of the Five Kage. Further, the whole “only a Sannin can beat a Sannin” narrative implied that ordinary Kage could not stand up to one of the Legendary Sannin, so that is in line with Rasa being killed without issue. (We also saw Jiraiya about to virtually one-shot Kisame, a Kage-level ninja many consider stronger than Rasa, so the Legendary Sannin defeating Kage-level ninja without any major problems is explicitly supported in the manga.). There’s also the fact Orochimaru prepared Hashirama and Tobirama specifically to emotionally torture Hiruzen, so we can be reasonably sure he did not use them against Rasa.

I never had the impression Rasa gave Orochimaru a run for his money.

Aegon Targaryen

The Shield That Guards The Realm of Men
While we don’t know how the confrontation between Orochimaru and Rasa went, the way it was mentioned and talked about it I don’t think we were supposed to believe Rasa gave Orochimaru a particularly hard time

Perhaps not a particularly hard time, but nothing implies Oro fodderized him either. He could've used Yamata.

Rasa was just a stepping stone to facing Hiruzen, who had the reputation as the strongest of the Five Kage

Prime Hiruzen was reputed to be the strongest, Old Hiruzen fell short of his prime by far.

Further, the whole “only a Sannin can beat a Sannin” narrative implied that ordinary Kage

Kages aren't really ordinary ninja.

could not stand up to one of the Legendary Sannin, so that is in line with Rasa being killed without issue

Or maybe Rasa was assassinated, making it much easier...

(We also saw Jiraiya about to virtually one-shot Kisame, a Kage-level ninja many consider stronger than Rasa, so the Legendary Sannin defeating Kage-level ninja without any major problems is explicitly supported in the manga.).

Idk if Kisame is stronger than Rasa, but Jiraiya had a battlefield advantage against Kisame and Kisame was...restrained. A lot.

Itachi had told Kisame not to use big moves, after all.

There’s also the fact Orochimaru prepared Hashirama and Tobirama specifically to emotionally torture Hiruzen, so we can be reasonably sure he did not use them against Rasa

Doesn't mean he didn't use them against Rasa though :hm

Okay, but nothing implies Oro stomped him either or even fought him directly.

Mithos

The Chosen
Perhaps not a particularly hard time, but nothing implies Oro fodderized him either. He could've used Yamata.
I have a hard time believing Orochimaru used his ultimate technique against Rasa. That would imply a level of difficulty that was just never mentioned or insinuated.
Prime Hiruzen was reputed to be the strongest, Old Hiruzen fell short of his prime by far.
Kages aren't really ordinary ninja.
Regardless, it makes little sense for Orochimaru to take on someone reputed to be the strongest of the Five Kage if he struggled in any significant way against Rasa. To your point above — if Orochimaru was pushed into using the Eight-Headed Serpent against Rasa, he would have no business facing Hiruzen.
Or maybe Rasa was assassinated, making it much easier...
Possibly. But if Rasa were capable of giving Orochimaru a decent degree of trouble, an assassination would probably be difficult.
Idk if Kisame is stronger than Rasa, but Jiraiya had a battlefield advantage against Kisame and Kisame was...restrained. A lot.

Itachi had told Kisame not to use big moves, after all.
Jiraiya isn’t stronger indoors than outside. And Kisame made a statement about Jiraiya being out of his league in general immediately before the confrontation in the hotel, so we were supposed to believe Jiraiya could defeat Kisame-leve opponents without that much trouble. So it stands to reason, Orochimaru (or Tsunade) could plausibly do the same.
Doesn't mean he didn't use them against Rasa though
Like I said, we can’t be sure. However, nothing implies he did, but the fact Orochimaru said he prepared them specifically for his former teacher does suggest he probably didn’t use them against Rasa.
Okay, but nothing implies Oro stomped him either or even fought him directly.
The dude was left dead in a ditch. It didn’t look like a scene where Rasa contested Orochimaru in a meaningful way. Sure, an assassination was possible, but again, if Rasa were capable of contesting Orochimaru (or another Sannin), he should have been able to survive an assassintation attempt at least well enough to put up a semblance of a fight. But it doesn’t look like that happened.

Aegon Targaryen

The Shield That Guards The Realm of Men
I have a hard time believing Orochimaru used his ultimate technique against Rasa. That would imply a level of difficulty that was just never mentioned or insinuated

Or Orochimaru did use Yamata, but stomped once he brought it out. It could be a mid diff.

Regardless, it makes little sense for Orochimaru to take on someone reputed to be the strongest of the Five Kage if he struggled in any significant way against Rasa. To your point above — if Orochimaru was pushed into using the Eight-Headed Serpent against Rasa, he would have no business facing Hiruzen

Or Orochimaru counted on his Edos to do the leg work against Hiruzen through psychological damage...

Possibly. But if Rasa were capable of giving Orochimaru a decent degree of trouble, an assassination would probably be difficult

Not necessarily.

Jiraiya isn’t stronger indoors than outside

His jutsu is.

And Kisame made a statement about Jiraiya being out of his league in general immediately before the confrontation in the hotel, so we were supposed to believe Jiraiya could defeat Kisame-leve opponents without that much trouble. So it stands to reason, Orochimaru (or Tsunade) could plausibly do the same

Without that much trouble =/ Base Jiraiya casually soloing Kisame.

Jiraiya is far stronger, but that doesn't mean BASE Jiraiya is. He might need boss summons or SM, definitely the former, to take it.

Like I said, we can’t be sure

That's fine, but Shazam stated it as fact.

However, nothing implies he did, but the fact Orochimaru said he prepared them specifically for his former teacher does suggest he probably didn’t use them against Rasa

Or Orochimaru used different Edos. He needn't have used those two.

The dude was left dead in a ditch

Assassinated, perhaps?

It didn’t look like a scene where Rasa contested Orochimaru in a meaningful way. Sure, an assassination was possible, but again, if Rasa were capable of contesting Orochimaru (or another Sannin), he should have been able to survive an assassintation attempt at least well enough to put up a semblance of a fight. But it doesn’t look like that happened.

Nah. Assassinations =/ fights, Sakura nearly assassinated Sasuke in spite of being trash to her, Naruto too by accident.

Charmed

Forever Charmed
By portrayal Tsunade wins but I can see Rasa winnning too thanks to Jiton and large amounts of Sakin.

Mithos

The Chosen
Or Orochimaru did use Yamata, but stomped once he brought it out. It could be a mid diff.
I don’t see using an ultimate technique as moderate difficulty, especially for someone like Orochimaru who would play around and try a lot of different approaches before using it. Orochimaru shouldn’t need much more than Manda/Aoda and his Sword of Kusanagi to beat Rasa.
Or Orochimaru counted on his Edos to do the leg work against Hiruzen through psychological damage...
They seemed more for fun than a necessity given how Orochimaru wasn’t taking the fight all that seriously at first.
His jutsu is.
That specific technique isn’t why he’s able to beat Kisame. He’s able to beat him without much issue because he’s in a different league.
Without that much trouble =/ Base Jiraiya casually soloing Kisame.

Jiraiya is far stronger, but that doesn't mean BASE Jiraiya is. He might need boss summons or SM, definitely the former, to take it.
Base Jiraiya is far stronger, evident by the fact he nearly killed Kisame with a mid-level attack. Let’s remember that he also one-paneled Konan, another Akatsuki member. It’s well cemented in-verse that the Legendary Sannin are well above the paygrade of average Kage-leve ninja.
Or Orochimaru used different Edos. He needn't have used those two.
This seems more fanfic / headcanon than Orochimaru beating Rasa with ease, in my opinion. It was never implied Orochimaru had other high-level zombies to summon. And honestly, I get a bit annoyed at the Battledome’s preoccupation with ET when it comes to Orochimaru. His power and reputation never relied on ET — the Leaf village was looking for Jiraiya before anyone even knew Orochimaru could use ET, let alone summon two former Hokage: Orochimaru’s in-manga reputation pre-ET is enough to believe he could kill Rasa without many problems.
Assassinated, perhaps? Nah. Assassinations =/ fights, Sakura nearly assassinated Sasuke in spite of being trash to her, Naruto too by accident
Perhaps, but again, if Rasa were capable of contesting Orochimaru, I doubt an easy assassination would have worked. The manga often uses close calls as a dramatic device to create tension, and fights/encounters are rarely ended with a blind side early on. Your example with Sakura doesn’t really hold water because Sasuke was exhausted and basically going blind when she tried to attack him. If he had been healthy, it wouldn’t work. Sakura didn’t almost “assassinate” Naruto.

It’s not so easy to assassinate Kage-level ninja. Even Zabuza, one of the greatest assassins in the manga, failed to assassinate the Mizukage despite her being one of the weaker Kage. If Orochimaru is able to near effortlessly assassinate Kage-level ninja without them being able to mount a defense, he’s a lot stronger than we thought, and his basic move-set is a lot more dangerous than he’s given credit for.

Draghensalk

The Savior
I don’t see using an ultimate technique as moderate difficulty, especially for someone like Orochimaru who would play around and try a lot of different approaches before using it. Orochimaru shouldn’t need much more than Manda/Aoda and his Sword of Kusanagi to beat Rasa.

They seemed more for fun than a necessity given how Orochimaru wasn’t taking the fight all that seriously at first.

That specific technique isn’t why he’s able to beat Kisame. He’s able to beat him without much issue because he’s in a different league.

Base Jiraiya is far stronger, evident by the fact he nearly killed Kisame with a mid-level attack. Let’s remember that he also one-paneled Konan, another Akatsuki member. It’s well cemented in-verse that the Legendary Sannin are well above the paygrade of average Kage-leve ninja.

This seems more fanfic / headcanon than Orochimaru beating Rasa with ease, in my opinion. It was never implied Orochimaru had other high-level zombies to summon. And honestly, I get a bit annoyed at the Battledome’s preoccupation with ET when it comes to Orochimaru. His power and reputation never relied on ET — the Leaf village was looking for Jiraiya before anyone even knew Orochimaru could use ET, let alone summon two former Hokage: Orochimaru’s in-manga reputation pre-ET is enough to believe he could kill Rasa without many problems.

Perhaps, but again, if Rasa were capable of contesting Orochimaru, I doubt an easy assassination would have worked. The manga often uses close calls as a dramatic device to create tension, and fights/encounters are rarely ended with a blind side early on. Your example with Sakura doesn’t really hold water because Sasuke was exhausted and basically going blind when she tried to attack him. If he had been healthy, it wouldn’t work. Sakura didn’t almost “assassinate” Naruto.

It’s not so easy to assassinate Kage-level ninja. Even Zabuza, one of the greatest assassins in the manga, failed to assassinate the Mizukage despite her being one of the weaker Kage. If Orochimaru is able to near effortlessly assassinate Kage-level ninja without them being able to mount a defense, he’s a lot stronger than we thought, and his basic move-set is a lot more dangerous than he’s given credit for.
Rasa in not even a match for Orochimaru only Gaara stans would say otherwise

Hina uzumaki

My thoughts on this,

I think Rasa wins this as I believe Terrain control is quite hax and extremely versatile. I'm not sure how Tsunade gets through his gold dust Tsunami that could match WA Gaara's when he was an ET. Rasa can easily overwhelm Taunade with massive amounts of Gold dust, he can also take to the sky if need be. Once Katsuyu comes out, she will be buried and sealed.

Draghensalk

The Savior
My thoughts on this,

I think Rasa wins this as I believe Terrain control is quite hax and extremely versatile. I'm not sure how Tsunade gets through his gold dust Tsunami that could match WA Gaara's when he was an ET. Rasa can easily overwhelm Taunade with massive amounts of Gold dust, he can also take to the sky if need be. Once Katsuyu comes out, she will be buried and sealed.
Rasa is one of the strongest of the sand village(foddervillage) but he sclaes below the third kazekage that was killed by Sasori

MHA massive fan

While we don’t know how the confrontation between Orochimaru and Rasa went, the way it was mentioned and talked about it I don’t think we were supposed to believe Rasa gave Orochimaru a particularly hard time. Rasa was just a stepping stone to facing Hiruzen, who had the reputation as the strongest of the Five Kage. Further, the whole “only a Sannin can beat a Sannin” narrative implied that ordinary Kage could not stand up to one of the Legendary Sannin, so that is in line with Rasa being killed without issue. (We also saw Jiraiya about to virtually one-shot Kisame, a Kage-level ninja many consider stronger than Rasa, so the Legendary Sannin defeating Kage-level ninja without any major problems is explicitly supported in the manga.). There’s also the fact Orochimaru prepared Hashirama and Tobirama specifically to emotionally torture Hiruzen, so we can be reasonably sure he did not use them against Rasa.

What does not giving orochimaru a hard time have to do with Tsunade
Never understood this logic
Orochimaru simply has a much more varied moveset which would be why he had no trouble getting through gold dust

something Tsunade hilariously lacks

Top Bottom