Prediction Thread: Professor X's Powers

EvilMoogle

Supporting Staff
Okay, as anyone who has been paying attention knows, Professor X is currently depowered.

Personally I feel the chances of this sticking for too long is almost zero, so the question of this thread is how/when will he get them back?

Options I see:

1. At the end of the current Uncanny plot the Shi'ar somehow restore his powers. (My personal pick, but we'll see)

2. Possibly along the lines of 1, a Pheonix fragment somehow restores his powers.

3. Quicksilver uses his mist-powers to retstore them.

4. The Scarlet Witch restores his powers (and possibly all mutant's powers) when she returns.

5. Magneto (with the "collective's powers") somehow can grant Xavier back his power. This of course assumes Magneto is still alive.

Both 1 and 2 have problems in the fact that supposidly the X-gene is gone, so there isn't really anything to restore in the traditional sense.

3 and 4 don't seem likely to me either, but hey.

5 seems somewhat likely, but Magneto hasn't even been mentioned in any of the X titles so it seems it would take quite a while for it to happen.

Anyone else have theories out there they want to add? Or supporting evidence for my theories? Or to voice the opinion that he'll stay depowered even (though I'll grant that would be more interesting to me, it seems very unlikely)?

I'm sort of leaning towards Wanda giving X's power's back somehow, but not exactly restoring all mutants to their original state. But even if Charles Xavier does get his power back, I don't think he'll have full use of it (just to leave a mark that he was depowered).

Can't really say for sure, but I'm betting he'll get his powers back by the end of next year.

Hal Jordan said:
I'm sort of leaning towards Wanda giving X's power's back somehow, but not exactly restoring all mutants to their original state. But even if Charles Xavier does get his power back, I don't think he'll have full use of it (just to leave a mark that he was depowered).

Can't really say for sure, but I'm betting he'll get his powers back by the end of next year.
Your timeline sounds about right. That'd take him through the current Uncanny arc and well into whatever's after that. I'll be amazed if he doesn't have his powers back by then.

I would expect him to have his full power back (or at least close to it). His markings seem to be more from the lost respect of the X-men.

U love the Cock said:
I'm betting he gets his powers back by the end of the current storyline he is involved in.
That's what I'm betting.

Actually, I'd say that at the end of the current arc with the Shi'ar they'll take Xavier (Xavier will probably sacrifice himself in some way to save the team, give himself up to the Shi'ar court), and he'll vanish for a little while.

He'll show up again at the climax of the next arc fully powered and they'll explain in the epilogue how the Shi'ar techno-magically restored his powers after he made up with Lillian (whatever her name is, Lillath?)

Apparently according to an interview with Brubaker, someone is going to "not come back" after this whole Vulcan affair is over. Xavier seems like one of the front-runners and I wouldn't be surprised if it were carried out.

With that said, assuming he doesn't die, I don't think he'll get his powers back at the end of this arc.

Hat Hair said:
Apparently according to an interview with Brubaker, someone is going to "not come back" after this whole Vulcan affair is over. Xavier seems like one of the front-runners and I wouldn't be surprised if it were carried out.
Ooh, hadn't heard that, yeah I agree Xavier's the one not coming back (they're focusing on him pretty hard in this arc too). Off hand chance would be Vulcan is the one not coming back, but that's a long-shot (long-shot that they will call him a member of the team not that he won't be coming back).

Hat Hair said:
With that said, assuming he doesn't die, I don't think he'll get his powers back at the end of this arc.
Eh, even if he does "die" it just means that when he comes back he'll be repowered ;)

I'm still going with my "prisoner of the Shi'ar" theory.

Back
Top Bottom