• It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.

[Pre Time-Skip] Sanji vs Mr. 1

blueWaves

This in Sanji from the Sabaody arc, and Mr. 1 from the Marineford arc.

Location: Fight takes place in Sabaody, outside the auction house.
Distance: 25 meters apart
Condition to win: The opponent must be killed, or get knocked out

Both fighters are in character, and serious about the fight

Thoughts on who wins?

Rob the Zombie

Mr. 1 should be a difficult matchup for anyone without weapons, given that he can use the blades to hurt H2H combatants, potentially diminishing Sanjis speed benefits.

Not sure how much of a durability increase his metal body gives him against blunt attacks in a fight; maybe diable jambe can ‘melt’ his iron defense.

Overall an unfavorable matchup for Sanji; who might lose this fight

Shunsuiju

The Orphan of the North
Sanji can take Mr. 1 at this point. Diable Jambe will burn through his defense like it did against Jyabura.
Pretty much this.

Daz's body should be just as strong as Kaku/Jyabura's and the only move Sanji had pre-ts that could break their Tekkai was DJ.

I'll say mid-diff once he pulls out DJ.

Kroczilla

Sanji low diffs. He was already capable of hurting tekkai users like Blueno and Jabra even before using DJ. With DJ, it's basically a one-sided massacre.

Also a bit off topic, but I don't see how Mr 1 in Alabasta scales to the Tekkai of Kaku/Jabra. Captain T-bone was capable of slicing up a steel train and would definitely have oneshot Mr. 1 and he definitely isn't anywhere close to either of Jabra or Kaku given how his encounter with Zoro went.

Shunsuiju

The Orphan of the North
Also a bit off topic, but I don't see how Mr 1 in Alabasta scales to the Tekkai of Kaku/Jabra. Captain T-bone was capable of slicing up a steel train and would definitely have oneshot Mr. 1 and he definitely isn't anywhere close to either of Jabra or Kaku given how his encounter with Zoro went.
Alabasta Zoro was way way stronger than T-Bone. Zoro had no way of cutting Daz, and the only reason he did was because of a special technique that has nothing to do with physical strength. Probably related to haki.

It's clear that Daz's body is not as fragile as regular steel, like a sword or a train.

The same move Zoro used on Daz (Lion Song), was the move he used on Kaku that was implied could have cut through his Tekkai. So I think the comparison is apt.
Sanji low diffs. He was already capable of hurting tekkai users like Blueno and Jabra even before using DJ. With DJ, it's basically a one-sided massacre.
He didn't break Jabra's Tekkai before DJ and Blueno's Tekkai was a lot weaker.

Kroczilla

Alabasta Zoro was way way stronger than T-Bone. Zoro had no way of cutting Daz, and the only reason he did was because of a special technique that has nothing to do with physical strength. Probably related to haki.

It's clear that Daz's body is not as fragile as regular steel, like a sword or a train.

The same move Zoro used on Daz (Lion Song), was the move he used on Kaku that was implied could have cut through his Tekkai. So I think the comparison is apt.
What Zoro learnt after his battle with Daz was how to cut steel. T bone could cut steel. He could cut steel trains. He could cut giant sea kings in half. He was known as the ship cutter (implying he cuts up ships).

Lion's song is simply one of zoro's strongest techniques. It is ludicrous to claim that it is the only technique by which he could cut steel. He was already using BOAT and decided to use his Strongest single sword technique coz he had only one sword with him.

He didn't break Jabra's Tekkai before DJ and Blueno's Tekkai was a lot weaker
He was hurting Jabra which means he was getting past his tekkai. DJ made said tekkai completely useless, but that didn't mean he wasn't scared of Sanji's kick before hand.

Also how does Daz jump over even Kalifa for example to scale to the top two strongest CP9 agents?

Shunsuiju

The Orphan of the North
What Zoro learnt after his battle with Daz was how to cut steel. T bone could cut steel. He could cut steel trains. He could cut giant sea kings in half. He was known as the ship cutter (implying he cuts up ships).

Lion's song is simply one of zoro's strongest techniques. It is ludicrous to claim that it is the only technique by which he could cut steel. He was already using BOAT and decided to use his Strongest single sword technique coz he had only one sword with him.
If Zoro couldn't cut Daz in Alabasta, someone way weaker than Zoro like T-Bone isn't either. It's just that simple.

It's just telling that Oda specifically used that same move in both occasions. Zoro couldn't bypass Kaku's Tekkai without using Lion Song, but some of his others were pushing it. Lion Song was a special move.
He was hurting Jabra which means he was getting past his tekkai. DJ made said tekkai completely useless, but that didn't mean he wasn't scared of Sanji's kick before hand.
He pushed him back like he pushed back Blueno but didn't break their Tekkai's. He could have broken Blueno's but he couldn't break Jabra's after multiple attemps before pulling out DJ.
Also how does Daz jump over even Kalifa for example to scale to the top two strongest CP9 agents?
Because Kalifa is fodder lol.

Corax

SA Sanji low diffs. Even EL Sanji low. diffs,since tekkai was described as hard as steel,and Sanji broke through the strongest tekkai user defense. And MR 1 is even slower and likely physically weaker than zoan Jyabura.

Kroczilla

If Zoro couldn't cut Daz in Alabasta, someone way weaker than Zoro like
???????

T bone was weaker than EL Zoro who would absolutely bifurcate Daz with a casual attack. T-bone can cut steel ergo Daz gets destroyed if he faces him.
It's just telling that Oda specifically used that same move in both occasions. Zoro couldn't bypass Kaku's Tekkai without using Lion Song, but some of his others were pushing it. Lion Song was a special move.
I just posted a scan of Zoro using BOAT even without lions song. Lion song is one of his Strongest techniques. There's is zero proof that he needs it to cut steel as again, as my scan clearly showed, he was using BOAT even with casual slashes.

He pushed him back like he pushed back Blueno but didn't break their Tekkai's. He could have broken Blueno's but he couldn't break Jabra's after multiple attemps before pulling out DJ.

He was clearly hurting them. Blueno got whiteeyed and Jabra was clearly hurt. Their Tekkai couldn't protect them fully. We literally see Jabra getting hurt and bleeding in the scan I just posted despite using tekkai.
Because Kalifa is fodder lol.
So is Alabasta Daz. There's no proof daz is more durable than a standard tekkai user i.e. Kalifa.

daz's literal and unironic best feat is blocking an attack from mihawk meant for luffy

take that whatever way you want

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
Alabasta Sanji will develop Smell of All Things or some other bullshit just like how Zoro randomly learnt Breath of All Things .

That was one plot induced win if I had ever saw one. So Alabasta Sanji wins by the same logic.

EL Sani is capable of burning through Tekkai which is supposed to be tougher than steel so he humiliates Mr 1 there.

Mr.1's all MF feats are outlier so no sensible person would obviously use them. Because otherwise I am arguing for Admiral level Luffy in MF. :kanyeshrug

Last edited:

convict

He who Greets with Fire
Alabasta Sanji will develop Smell of All Things or some other bullshit just like how Zoro randomly learnt Breath of All Things .

That was one plot induced win if I had ever saw one. So Alabasta Sanji wins by the same logic.
So we have a "If Zoro could do it Sanji would as well" even though he clearly doesn't have the feats or portrayal to be able to do so.

Last edited:

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
So we have a "If Zoro could do it Sanji would as well" even though he clearly doesn't have the feats or portrayal to be able to do so.
Somehow I knew you would get salty over that. :haha
And yes. Plot helps all Strawhats, Zoro is not exception in that. They all would be dead otherwise.

convict

He who Greets with Fire
Somehow I knew you would get salty over that. :haha
And yes. Plot helps all Strawhats, Zoro is not exception in that. They all would be dead otherwise.

Congratulations your lunacy drew me out

Plot helping another individual is not relevant in a battledome where we measure objective combat power.

In Zoro vs Mr. 1 he showed that power - asspull or not - so breath of all things is in his repertoire. Sanji does not get that benefit of the doubt just because he is a strawhat. Such a feat isn't even conceivable for him based on what we know of him until that point.

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
Congratulations your lunacy drew me out

Plot helping another individual is not relevant in a battledome where we measure objective combat power.

In Zoro vs Mr. 1 he showed that power - asspull or not - so breath of all things is in his repertoire. Sanji does not get that benefit of the doubt just because he is a strawhat. Such a feat isn't even conceivable for him based on what we know of him until that point.
Are you illiterate or something?
Man once you used to be a good poster. Now you are this caricature of fanboy who only likes certain characters no matter what and dislike certain characters no matter what.

First part of my post was a satire. You rushed so quickly to flame me because Zoro fanboy in you got his feelings hurt.
I did not actually say Alabasta Sanji wins legitimately . I only made argument for EL Sanji. Learn to read post before you call someone lunatic. Only thing this kind of behavior accomplishes is tarnish your image as poster. You have fallen low.

convict

He who Greets with Fire
Are you illiterate or something?
Man once you used to be a good poster. Now you are this caricature of fanboy who only likes certain characters no matter what and dislike certain characters no matter what.

First part of my post was a satire. You rushed so quickly because Zoro fanboy in you got his feelings hurt.
I did not actually say Alabasta Sanji wins legitimately . I only made argument for EL Sanji. Learn to read post before you call someone lunatic. Only thing this kind of behavior accomplishes is tarnish your image as poster. You have fallen low.

Don't expect me to feel guilty about my recent lack of post quality when you are the one posting "satire" aka troll opinions

Last edited:

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
Don't expect me to feel guilty about my recent lack of post quality when you are the one posting troll opinions
Thank you for confirming that you can't read .
How can I lose an argument that I never made?
I literally said Alabasta Sanji wins by plot aka not legitimately . My previous post is still there. All rational people have read it and understood it. If your fanboy infested brain could read you would have by now realized that you jumped gun to flame me because you read my post wrong in your zeal.

What an utter disappointment you have turned out. :scust

convict

He who Greets with Fire
I literally said Alabasta Sanji wins by plot

I'll ignore the emotional outburst and just focus on this.

My point is that "plot" victories have no business here and therefore are irrelevant. Via "Plot power" why stop at Daz? Heck Sanji might as well beat Crocodile too while we are at it.

Top Bottom