Switch Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
Nemona was alright once you got past the massive amount of exposition she and the director dump on you early on. Kind of ironic that the character who just wanted to skip ahead to the battling was doing all the talking before the player could get to the battling...

I am loving the textures in the game. Scizor is so shiny! Wo-Chien clearly looks like its shell, eyes and fur are different materials.
Also the Chien's theme is pretty hype.
Although I prefer the Area Zero theme, I love when a game that generally has an instrumental soundtrack vocals for one area.

JayK

The main problem about those Pokémon games is that they are very likely to damage the entire industry long term.

Companies see they don't necessarily have to release a decent product with high quality or fuck, even a finished product whatsoever to make ridiculous sums of money.

People are extremely short sighted as always.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
The main problem about those Pokémon games is that they are very likely to damage the entire industry long term.

Companies see they don't necessarily have to release a decent product with high quality or fuck, even a finished product whatsoever to make ridiculous sums of money.

Bethesda syndrome. I used to think that Bethesda was the outlier since most fanbases usually point out technical messes like this with a passion but here is business as usual.

charles101

i mean, i like it way more than Sw/Sh, i'd say it's a progress

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
i mean, i like it way more than Sw/Sh, i'd say it's a progress
Yeah, it is definitely a lot more refreshing than SwSh was. Although there are a ton of missing features, I think that its better that they are committing more to the open world features rather than keeping the open world and story segregated. This feels like a very poorly executed version of a pretty good game. While SwSH felt kinda pointless but reasonably polished.

Although the progress is coming with certain features being left behind, and generally it doesn't really have any ludonarrative at all. I was really hoping for at least a few dialogue trees or something.
Knowing that DLC is coming sort of helps, because I can at leeast hope for a battle facility and some more variety in the gameplay. But I am concerned about what the poor performance will mean when I actually start getting into competitive again.

ShadowReij

Wanderer
I think the issue is how GF has approached the last three games. Where essentially each one was an iterative release. Literally prototyping concepts that can be used for the next one. Ironically building hype for the next game without even annoucing it.

Think I'm kidding? Remember when SW/SH was released it was a similar drama but I remarked it was clearly their trial run for trying the open world design, ie ver 1.0. Sure enough, then came Arceus which built on it and introduced more prototyped concepts, ver 2.0. And now we our version 3.0, which despite its performance issues has the consumer base hyped for the release of ver 4.0.

Is it a stupid approach to basically test what works and what doesn't when approaching a certain design? Yes. Absolutely fucking retarded. Especially considering GF has other studios they could request Nintendo to help collaborate with who already have experience with what they clearly are attempting to do.

But instead -from the outside looking in- it seems GF wants to keep all the work in house. Releasing fun prototypes as they figure shit out.

MusubiKazesaru

They always hide weird shit like that. I think this feature was in SwSh too. There's always shit like this like the really weird thing in older games in like the DS/3DS era where you have to delete the save file to start a new game. Maybe it's to protect your save file but it just gives you another step to do.

Garcher

the games of other companies don't have Pokemon in their name

btw, all the doomposting surrounding Pokemon is getting boring. The world will keep spinning

Kyu

~ █▬█ █ ▀█▀ ~
Imo all 3 final starter evolutions are a step up from gen 8's. A low bar, but a step in the right direction.

MusubiKazesaru

I think both sets remind me a lot of each other. None are all that remarkable as is, but with some fine tuning and different colors they'd all be far better. Conceptually some of them are quite good.

I feel like the anime is much better at showing any of them off and has managed to make at least 2/3 of them look quite good.

ShadowReij

Wanderer
Me: Alright let me do this gym......riiiiight after I capture that pokemon....and this one.....and this one......annnnnd now I've caught a bunch of pokemon that won't obey me. :mlpshrug

Nemona easy with the stalking.

Utopia Realm

Looking for a Happy Ending....
Me: Alright let me do this gym......riiiiight after I capture that pokemon....and this one.....and this one......annnnnd now I've caught a bunch of pokemon that won't obey me. :mlpshrug

Nemona easy with the stalking.
I don't even knowe the order to do stuff either. I ended up sweeping a couple gyms 15-20+ levels higher than the Gym Leader and same with the Star Bases and Titans. I am just running towards postgame on Scarlet and gonna speedrun Violet later afterwards.

ShadowReij

Wanderer
I don't even knowe the order to do stuff either. I ended up sweeping a couple gyms 15-20+ levels higher than the Gym Leader and same with the Star Bases and Titans. I am just running towards postgame on Scarlet and gonna speedrun Violet later afterwards.

I think the Titans scale since I did the Sky Titan first and was expecting a tougher fight. The gyms they leave hints on who you should start with.

I haven't done anything of the Team Starfall stuff yet.

Utopia Realm

Looking for a Happy Ending....
I found the Rock/Flying titans the easiest, especially the Rock since its the rock titan on the right flank of Mesa (before the Grass gym iirc) and the flying titan right between the 1st and 2nd gyms on the left

Lortastic

I like chicken
I think the Titans scale since I did the Sky Titan first and was expecting a tougher fight. The gyms they leave hints on who you should start with.

I haven't done anything of the Team Starfall stuff yet.
Does it? Cause I think I did the fish one 3rd and proceed to one shot the worm and bird thereafter :lmao

Also, this isn't real but

Balrog

🔥 Valaraukar🔥
Playing Violet right now, there are performance slowdowns (especially on towns/cities) but it’s tolerable. I’m actually having much more fun with this compared to Sword/Shield

Any tips which Pokemons I should prioritize leveling? Mostly using a Flamigo atm

Top Bottom