[OP] Is Wano the worst war arc in manga?

This is the worst war arc you’ve ever read

• Yes

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 72.0%

• Total voters

OmniOmega

Tobi = Obito alone is already a worse reveal than the Nika Nika no Mi reveal.
People predicted Tobi = Obito years before it happened.

Nika Nika no Mi reveal literally had an exposition dump cut away to the five elders. Seems crazy to pretend that Tobi = Obito is even on the same level as that.

Any other series dropping a quasi retcon alongside a little exposition dump scene in the same chapter would get torn to pieces.

OmniOmega

So? Being predictable =/= being good. Obito = Tobi was predicted based on it being really fucking stupid, as expected of Kishimoto's terrible writing.

The Nika retcon is bad, but Obito = Tobi is significantly worse.
More like
Shippuden comes right after Kakashi Gaiden
Tobi's Sharingan is opposite of Kakashi's
Tobi loses limbs only on the side where he got crushed (And subsequently Zetsu'd)
- Konan
- Fuu and Torune
- Minato in the Flashback
Tobi and Obito have similar hair and their names are iirc just a play on one another
Kakashi and Tobi both have dimension warping Sharingan based abilities
It being internally consistent with the series, as well as foreshadowed makes it fine. It being good or not is irrelevant but it's not bad.

Maybe what's terrible isn't Kishimoto's writing in this respect and maybe you have something else going on Mr. Spee D Reader

Nika Nika in and of itself isn't bad. Whats bad is:
1. Luffy dies
2. Cutaway to the Five Elders
3. Gomu Gomu is Nika Nika
4. Luffy revives and molly whops Kaido

And I trust that Oda actually planned this reveal, just like he planned most things in Wano. It's just poorly executed. You could have made a strong case for Tobi being Obito prior to the reveal because the set up is done well.

Thats not a good reveal . Tobi being Obito was most likely foreshadowed since the beginning of Shippuden. It wasn't executed poorly either. Obito being a Rin fanboy is the issue. The actual reveal is done pretty well.

Of course not. Just read the Spriggan arc of Fairy Tail. And even though I can't wait for it for nostalgia reasons and will be there day 1, the 1000 year blood war arc is objectively awful. Also Nanatsu no Taizai of course surpasses all as the absolute worst but that is something that need not be said.

Which arc was the Spriggan arc in Fairy Tail? I do not recall much of that series after the Grand Magic Games arc.

Dellinger

Charismatic Awesome
While Wano had some long stretches and some things could have been different, it’s by no means bad. There’s a reason it’s the biggest arc in the series. All straw hats got their moments, Roger stuff, emperors, Nika is a huge thing for the plot. Plus this arc is still unfinished

Mawt

Really not that bad lol. It's just a kinda average OP arc with some high highs, low lows, and an unsatisfactory ending.

sanninme rikudo

Nonsense Detector
Wano was complete dirt and boring as hell, but it definitely isn’t the worst arc ever. In fact, there’s worse arcs in OP.

4th Ninja War > Wano though and it’s not close. In order to get through Wano, you need to skip like 5-7 pages for every page you read.

Dellinger

Charismatic Awesome
Post Brook's and Usopp's moments real quick
Ah yeah Usopp was a disappointment but Brook helped a lot with Black Maria. Brook also didn’t get to show much but the dude was spectacular in WCI.

anyway calling such a pivotal arc in the series the worst is wrong. We had many amazing moments, some things could be different but this arc it’s by no means bad. It’s actually one of the best in the series and it’s not yet over

Keishin

Wano was complete dirt and boring as hell, but it definitely isn’t the worst arc ever. In fact, there’s worse arcs in OP.

4th Ninja War > Wano though and it’s not close. In order to get through Wano, you need to skip like 5-7 pages for every page you read.
Ninja War is literally rock bottom tier arc, with an anchor tied to the left leg.

God sl4yer

King of hell
The wrapping up of wano seems much better than the arc itself lol.

since it has a good wrapping and some hype chapters i would still say it's still much better than nantsu no taizai, fairytale, 4th great ninja war arc etc. Heck it's not even the worse arc in one piece.

Daisuke Jigen

ARC Trooper
While Wano had some long stretches and some things could have been different, it’s by no means bad. There’s a reason it’s the biggest arc in the series. All straw hats got their moments, Roger stuff, emperors, Nika is a huge thing for the plot. Plus this arc is still unfinished
It’s actually one of the best in the series

OT: don’t think I can call it the worst, but it was still really bad.

Louis-954

Hmmm, you can’t even read what I said and you expect me to give a shit about your opinion
1. I read and understood what you said quite clearly.

2. You do give a shit about my opinion. That's why you replied to my post. It bothered you enough to care to respond.

Aegon Targaryen

The ''King'' of Inventors
The TYBW sounds even worse than Wano. I haven't read it and my logic may be flimsy, but the fact none of the villains seem particularly popular among the Bleach community isn't a good sign, IMO. Even Laido and Big Meme still had/have fans, as do Obito and Kaguya. It also seems to lack the moral complexity of the Naruto War Arc or the epic stories of Wano (mainly Oden, Yamato, and Oden's retainers).

Santoryu

Judge of The Judges/ On a break
The TYBW sounds even worse than Wano. I haven't read it and my logic may be flimsy, but the fact none of the villains seem particularly popular among the Bleach community isn't a good sign, IMO. Even Laido and Big Meme still had/have fans, as do Obito and Kaguya. It also seems to lack the moral complexity of the Naruto War Arc or the epic stories of Wano (mainly Oden, Yamato, and Oden's retainers).

It's not a great arc but it does have some incredibly memorable fights and the pacing is at least alright.

Narratively bit of a mess though

Mawt

TYBW is one of the few arcs ever that I straight up dropped because it was too long and boring for me to get invested in it. I've tried getting back into Bleach multiple times and I've always failed after Soul Society. :tiredpepe

I wish I had it in me to understand what people see in Bleach that I don't. It's a series that I've tried so hard to actually like, but I just don't. There are very few things that I like about it, and even then, I'm lukewarm on most of those things. I'll try getting back into it when the TYBW anime comes out. Maybe watching that arc animated will do wonders for it.

Aegon Targaryen

It's not a great arc but it does have some incredibly memorable fights and the pacing is at least alright.

Narratively bit of a mess though

Would you say it's worse than the Naruto War Arc, better, or on par with it? The Naruto War Arc had some dope fights too.

TYBW is one of the few arcs ever that I straight up dropped because it was too long and boring for me to get invested in it. I've tried getting back into Bleach multiple times and I've always failed after Soul Society. :tiredpepe

I wish I had it in me to understand what people see in Bleach that I don't. It's a series that I've tried so hard to actually like, but I just don't. There are very few things that I like about it, and even then, I'm lukewarm on most of those things. I'll try getting back into it when the TYBW anime comes out. Maybe watching that arc animated will do wonders for it.

Yeah, Bleach clearly peaked with Soul Society, although I did and do really like the Visoreds and Arrancar - some great fights and solid characterization there.

That said, Bleach really suffers from poor worldbuilding in a way Naruto doesn't and One Piece sure doesn't, and Aizen ultimately was a disappointing villain IMO.

Naruto and OP at least kept things fresh by introducing the Akatsuki as good parallel villains to Orochimaru or keeping Marines/Blackbeard/Imu/Yonko all around and making the actual final boss a malleable or relatively unclear concept. Any one of these is a better villain than Aizen, maybe Imu aside.

Mawt

That said, Bleach really suffers from poor worldbuilding in a way Naruto doesn't and One Piece sure doesn't, and Aizen ultimately was a disappointing villain IMO.
Definitely. The worldbuilding honestly has a good foundation (the three realms is cool imo and has a lot of potential for exploration), but ultimately not enough was done with it.

Aizen's interesting in that the mainstream Bleach audience ADORES him. I personally think he was a very fun and entertaining character. He didn't have a lot to offer in terms of depth and character, but he certainly kept Bleach entertaining when he was around.

I think in the grand scheme of things he's definitely overrated tho. People ignore a lot of his flaws ("just according to keikaku" syndrome, lacking proper backstory and his motives being shoehorned in AFTER he's defeated (and not being properly fleshed out), never revealing his bankai, "I actually wanted to lose all along" cliche)

Naruto and OP at least kept things fresh by introducing the Akatsuki as good parallel villains to Orochimaru or keeping Marines/Blackbeard/Imu/Yonko all around and making the actual final boss a malleable or relatively unclear concept. Any one of these is a better villain than Aizen, maybe Imu aside.
Yep, Naruto and OP honestly have a consistently great cast of villains.

BB, Doflamingo, Croc, and Akainu are all goated.

So are Madara, Orochimaru, Pain, and the Akatsuki (even if some aspects of them were mishandled, they're still iconic characters for a good reason).

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan

Eh, I feel the same way about Nardo. Different strokes for different folks.

You should probably read it for yourself and create your own opinion of it then. There are a good few that are popular, Juha, Askin, Bambietta, Bazz B, and As Nodt to name a few.

Santoryu

Judge of The Judges/ On a break
Would you say it's worse than the Naruto War Arc, better, or on par with it? The Naruto War Arc had some dope fights too

It's worse than Naruto's final arc imo. I imagine most sensible Bleach fans will concede this.

Too lazy to elaborate right now

Aegon Targaryen

Eh, I feel the same way about Nardo. Different strokes for different folks.

You should probably read it for yourself and create your own opinion of it then. There are a good few that are popular, Juha, Askin, Bambietta, Bazz B, and As Nodt to name a few.

I may watch the anime version when (and if) it comes out, especially given that Kubo is supposed to have a hand in it.

Idk, man. I barely see any profile pictures or sigs or even memorable quotes featuring or referring to any of those characters (maybe one or two? Three?), and that has been the case for me since 2020. I never hear of them come up in any other context either, like when people are asked their favorite anime villains/characters or well-written anime characters. I may hear of Aizen as a response to the former and Byakuya as a response to the latter, but never Bazz B or As Nodt or whoever else.

Mawt

I may watch the anime version when (and if) it comes out, especially given that Kubo is supposed to have a hand in it.

Idk, man. I barely see any profile pictures or sigs or even memorable quotes featuring or referring to any of those characters (maybe one or two? Three?), and that has been the case for me since 2020. I never hear of them come up in any other context either, like when people are asked their favorite anime villains/characters or well-written anime characters. I may hear of Aizen as a response to the former and Byakuya as a response to the latter, but never Bazz B or As Nodt or whoever else.
Tbf, Kaguya doesn't have any fans either (aside from Japanese audiences, who really only like her because she's based on folklore). That being said, Madara and Obito, who served as the primary antagonists for most of the war, absolutely do have a lot of fans. A lot more than Yhwach, that's for sure.

Aegon Targaryen

Tbf, Kaguya doesn't have any fans either (aside from Japanese audiences, who really only like her because she's based on folklore). That being said, Madara and Obito, who served as the primary antagonists for most of the war, absolutely do have a lot of fans. A lot more than Yhwach, that's for sure.

Idk, I feel I've seen a few people sporting Kaguya avatars - Hina Uzumaki and Ultrafragor at least seem to like her, possibly others too. Definitely a minority though.

Agreed on Obito and Madara. The fact Obito even has such a poor backstory and motivations for being evil and yet remains popular really shows how outclassed Bleach Hitler is.

Top Bottom