[OP] Is Wano the worst war arc in manga?

This is the worst war arc you’ve ever read

• Yes

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 72.0%

• Total voters

CoopoNitro7

I would argue yes. Half of the arc is war set up and contains a bunch of nonsense plotlines that either get dropped or get poorly executed. And then war itself is lacking in tension and the villains are incompetent buffoons and all the fights suck.

absolutely bottom tier drivel

convict

He who Greets with Fire
Of course not. Just read the Spriggan arc of Fairy Tail. And even though I can't wait for it for nostalgia reasons and will be there day 1, the 1000 year blood war arc is objectively awful. Also Nanatsu no Taizai of course surpasses all as the absolute worst but that is something that need not be said.

Wano overall was just fine. Some absolutely great highs but a ton of bullshit padding and lackluster fights and pacing made it mid tier. Underwhelming finale as well. Far from the worst.

CoopoNitro7

Of course not. Just read the Spriggan arc of Fairy Tail. And even though I can't wait for it for nostalgia reasons and will be there day 1, the 1000 year blood war arc is objectively awful. Also Nanatsu no Taizai of course surpasses all as the absolute worst but that is something that need not be said.

Wano overall was just fine. Some absolutely great highs but a ton of bullshit padding and lackluster fights and pacing made it mid tier. Underwhelming finale as well. Far from the worst.
Do you take into account that Wano is 150 chapters long and has been built up to for like 400 other chapters of the new world and so it’s just terrible that it’s that long and that bad

like what’s longest these other wars have been? The longest other war is Naruto’s war right? And it was better than this

The Great 4th Ninja War exists
:noworries
Wano is worse

Nighty the Mighty

I swim in outer space
Do you take into account that Wano is 150 chapters long and has been built up to for like 400 other chapters of the new world and so it’s just terrible that it’s that long and that bad

like what’s longest these other wars have been? The longest other war is Naruto’s war right? And it was better than this
Are you aware that the Thousand Year Blood War arc is 200 fucking chapters long, promised even more than Wano and ended even more anti-climactically? It's everything you hate about Wano dialled up to 15. It's easily the most incompetent arc ever published as part of a major manga in history. It's a record-settlingly bad arc. Wano dreams of being as bad as the Thousand Year Blood War arc. Thousand Year Blood War is an all time great, it's the GOAT at being bad. It's the Michael Jordan of terrible war arcs. Wano is merely an all-NBA level player by comparison.

TheTwelfthKenpachi

Singe Savant
Are you aware that the Thousand Year Blood War arc is 200 fucking chapters long, promised even more than Wano and ended even more anti-climactically? It's everything you hate about Wano dialled up to 15. It's easily the most incompetent arc ever published as part of a major manga in history. It's a record-settlingly bad arc. Wano dreams of being as bad as the Thousand Year Blood War arc. Thousand Year Blood War is an all time great, it's the GOAT at being bad. It's the Michael Jordan of terrible war arcs. Wano is merely an all-NBA level player by comparison.
I honestly loved TYBW, everything about it was super hype for me and I loved every bit. It's a shame Kubo didn't get to develop it furthermore, and had to rush it.
Hopefully the anime fixes its flaws :catbuzz

Casval Rem Aznable

It's one of the less worse arc of one piece. Not a big feat since one piece post east blue is mostly garbage...but still commendable that Oda after writing so much shite for 20+ years still has the dedication to improve

Nighty the Mighty

I swim in outer space

Despite all of what I just said, the Thousand Year Blood War is only barely worse than Naruto's Shinobi World War, which runs for a whopping 215 chapters. Imagine if Wano went for another two years that's how long Naruto's war arc is.

Like my guy, what the fuck do you mean Wano is the longest? It's the shortest by a LOT.

That said this comparison is slightly unfair because Wano isn't really the final war arc for One Piece, we're only building steam for Oda's grand finale which judging from Wano will be a 300-chapter clusterfuck and dethrone TYBW as the worst war arc in a major manga.

Keishin

Naruto's is worse than Fairy Tail's war arcs lol.

Escanor's moments put NNT's New Holy War above MANY SERIES by a lot.

Ashi

Nifty and Quick!
Despite all of what I just said, the Thousand Year Blood War is only barely worse than Naruto's Shinobi World War, which runs for a whopping 215 chapters. Imagine if Wano went for another two years that's how long Naruto's war arc is.

Like my guy, what the fuck do you mean Wano is the longest? It's the shortest by a LOT.

That said this comparison is slightly unfair because Wano isn't really the final war arc for One Piece, we're only building steam for Oda's grand finale which judging from Wano will be a 300-chapter clusterfuck and dethrone TYBW as the worst war arc in a major manga.
Where do we consider the war arc beginning? There was a lot of preamble before the war actually started

And the actual war was like 3 years irl time

jesusus

Freedom of Will
Yes. The Nardo War Arc had Gai v. Madara at least. Wano has no equivalent, G5 Luffy vs Kaido had no hype, the retcon retcon no mi killed what tension the arc already did not have.

Oda needs to dial back on cramming every major arc with thousands of faces virtually no one can claim to remember without looking up a database of One Piece fodders on a wiki.

Aegon Targaryen

The ''King'' of Inventors
Thankfully I never read Fairy Tail or the Bleach's Thousand Blood Year. The Naruto War Arc is better and the MHA "War Arc" is worse.

Rob

Οhara Library Mοderator
Nope, that title easily belongs to Whole Cake Island. Second would be Dressrosa.

Brian

          
Nope worst are the Ninja world War in Naruto, Alien invasion in Gantz, Magi's final arc, and the worst of all the Thousand Year bullshit in Bleach.

Top Bottom