OBD Convo #373: new obd era :highbars

shieldbounce

Dead Space is probably the most prolific example of a third person action game that subverts the boundaries of solely being a third person shooter (Resident Evil 4 maybe?) but merging the third person shooter and an action game together and making the gameplay around that was a truly genius move imo.

SSMG

Dead space was truly just downright horiifying. An amazing game for sure but damn was it ever dark.

And on the higher difficulties it got pretty tough.

shieldbounce

Dead Space was one of those games where the experience could only be maximized if you were to play the game in the dead of night in a dark room.

Unlike every other other games where ppl play throughout the night just for the hell of it and are running on at least two cans on Monsters.

Zhen Chan

Silver Spoon ^ (learn some history) Hoe
They need a sequel of bleach 5k years in the future where aizen gets let out of jail and then instantly fucks everybody up

shieldbounce

No Bleach needs to fuck off and die because Clorax sucks
This would have made so much more sense if you were trying to dunk on Fairy Tail instead of Bleach, which is still a mediocre Shonen series
Spoiler:
which is still much better than things like Demon Slayer and Inuyasha

shieldbounce

Dunno if there's a limit to spamming posts even in a convo thread or not but Blade used to spam a whole bunch of Dragon Ball pics in this convo thread.

As an alternative...

*not gonna spam Genshin Impact pics btw

Edward Nygma

Riddle me this...
which is still much better than things like Demon Slayer and Inuyasha
Wow...um...like...

I thought it was weird that you would call a genuine insult to human intelligence like FT "mediocre". But it never occured to me that you would compare that McManga trash to things with genuine creative passion behind them like DS and the original Inuyasha run. Gross.

Real Talk: In terms of creating any kind of engaging, coherent narrative, FT is literally the worst manga I have ever read. Ever. An AI could write the entirety of FT with the tags "magic", "dragons", "fanservice".

Double Real Talk: Bleach is also trash. Though not as bad as FT. Only in the HST due to inconsistency from alternatives (ie: HxH).

Edward Nygma

Riddle me this...
7 deadly sins is still the worst thing i have ever read
Not unfair. I found the powers and character tropes more fun than FT, but I wouldn't say its story telling is of any higher quality.

I would argue it manages to stay on what little it has in the way of rails longer than FT. For whatever that is worth.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
I'm guessing you're probably not going to catch up on its sequel then.
i read like two chapters and decided my time was better spent somewhere else
Not unfair. I found the powers and character tropes more fun than FT, but I wouldn't say its story telling is of any higher quality.

I would argue it manages to stay on what little it has in the way of rails longer than FT. For whatever that is worth.
oh I championed the series for years, I was one of its earliest fans on this or any other forum, but after that fairly decent first 100 chapters it just
slides and slides and slides into the depths of hell
i've never seen anything fall off as hard as it did, and it doesn't help the older i get the more i realized how many of the red flags were already there

Top Bottom