<b>Nightmare of Zi</b>
Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow OBDers, welcome to the Universal Arena!
This time we host the first round of the new exciting OBD Composite Character Battle tournament!
Our regular watchers are already familiar with the scene but for fresh viewers we gladly tell the details.
First phase, our contestants sent their detailed strategy to the organizers. This is handled before even the match began.
Second phase, the contestants get 24 to 72 hours to defend their strategy against the opposition in a heated debate. Both extensions and premature stops are availible only on request!
Third phase is the continuation of the debate, this time involving the rest of OBD. Everybody is free to share their opinion for a few days.
All of this is the foundation for our fourth phase, voting. Yes dear viewers, the result of this fight depends upon you and here's how you can express it:
Who can vote? Any OBDer save for the contestants present are all elegible here. Yes, even our two judges. Their decision often determines the battle since it worths double!
The winner of this match advances to the next round. The loser is dropping out of the tournament and only participate as spectator.
All or nothing! This is a match at high stakes!
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Spoiler: Tournament Rules/Limits
- Firepower/durability is limited to city level (10 megatons)
- Speed is limited to MHS range (mach 100)
- Anything or anyone you create/summon for backup is limited to 50 megatons of power/durability total regardless of their numbers
- concentrated attacks are a thing but you can also have any level "hardness" stat against concentrated attacks so long your plain durability is within limits.
- Telepathy/mindfuck/soulfuck is limited to 1000 people (so is resistances)
- Reality warping is only allowed to a limited extend
- You cannot erase player characters from existence, neither transform them in any way via RW (unless any of these are conventionally avoidable)
- pseudo-teleportations that are only movement and cannot be used to attack are allowed to surpass the Mach 100 limit.
- You cannot accelerate time to make yourself faster than the tournament limits (barring pseudo-teleport like bursts)
- You cannot make the enemy less than 5 times slower than you, either.
- Time stops are allowed but only for 5 seconds *insert Nardo joke here*
- Time travel can only go back till the beginning of the battle (or the beginning of your prep time if you use it then)
- Traveling to alternate realities only allows you to access other versions of the same battlefield with nobody in it
- You can acces other dimensions and use anything in them unless they violate the tournament limits. tournament limits also apply to the environmental hazards and such within the dimension
- You can only teleport player characters by touch or other avoidable means
- regeneration is limited to molecular level (complete atomization or beyond can finish the user off)
- Auto-resurrection or abilities with similar effect are limited to 3 times, you can return to life 3 times only
- Probability manipulation is allowed but only if it doesn't go overboard and makes everything certain
- Any method which allows you to deliver absolutely unavoidable attacks is banned (barring ofc telepathy and others where it's obvious)
- Any debuffs to the enemy like stat decrease, curses, illusions, etc can only last for 1 minute with 10 seconds cooldown.
- Any abilities which render you conventionally unkillable like spatial barriers, intangibility and such only last for 1 minute with 10 seconds of vulnerability period. (regen, resurrection is already limited so those are exempt)
- Staying in other dimensions for longer than a minute alternatively recalls you to the battlefield and you cannot go to any other dimensions for 10 seconds
- Resistances break once after every 5 attempts if the two stats match (ie: tournament limit level telepathy vs tournament limit level resistance). You cannot stack multiple attacks to bypass resistances this way. Because the attacks are all hitting at roughly the same time they will be counted as a single attack.
- If you pick a power which exceeds these limits you can nerf it down (so long it makes sense)
- Your attack limitations are mostly apply against players, not against their summons and such (you can erase summoned monsters via reality warping, for example)
- Under no circumstances you can exceed the tournament limits via prep
- The GMs retain their right to adjust these rules if required
- You cannot travel back into the past more than the total amount of time of 10 minutes. This is in order to not retcon battle results endlessly with some convenient time travel sheaningans.
- If you pick something cheesy which is just barely allowed by the rules then expect UD to be really mad at you.
- Fuck Wedding Peach
- Each player has 1 hour off-site prep and 5 minutes of set-up time on-site.
- Off-site prep takes place in an amalgam world of all of your characters and all their possessions
- The actual combat zone is taking place in the copy of our universe
- This universe has no past beyond the start of the battle and lacks sentient life or infrastructure
- The location is Earth, a random 10x10km plains in moderate climate
- Earth is indestructible but the crust up to 10km depth is not.
- You cannot phase into the Earth or otherwise use it as your indestructible safe haven.
- On-site preparation takes place in your part (half or one-third) of the combat zone and you cannot leave it till 5 minutes pass.
- You are unable to know the other's prep until the battle starts.
- As the battle starts you can leave the combat zone but after 10 minutes you're automatically teleported back.