• Possible to see own rep. Its not perfect yet ;) The feature is temporarily disabled due to corrections that have to be made to the values. There will be no more negative reputations. Reputations are meant for positive appreciation or fair criticism. Spread love, not hate :)
  • It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • We are currently testing encrypted messages. See the "Conversation by key" option within the conversations.
  • Voting for Drawing Contest 6 has started!
    drawing contest 06 vote
    Click [HERE] and [HERE] to vote
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

NOTW Discussion thread

D

Demetrius

Winners will be announced here weekly and it will be threadmarked.

Happy chatting!

D

Demetrius

So who qualifies as a newbie ? :catthinks
this is a good question and one i freaked the fuck out over

anyone with minimal experience or none at all, i'd imagine
'veterans' or experienced people can be free to participate, as long as they match the skill level of the actual newbie participants (no extravagant sigs that have neat smudge effects that newbies don't know how to do, a simple crop would suffice, etc. no amazingly proportionate or anatomically correct art if it's not at the same level as the newbie participants that draw people like bobble heads. it's pretty easy to tell who's inexperienced and who is). we are starting at literally point A, all the way to point Z. stuff most veterans would fine boring or way too easy
it can be argued that even the experienced are inexperienced if we reach a certain topic, so some things are debatable. it just depends on what skillsets are needed, if the final product looks professional, etc. however, it still comes down to one thing: this contest is not about them

i'd rather, out of respect for newbies, not have the veterans participate at all in this contest for now or atleast discuss what they should be allowed to do because it's a contest meant for beginners to learn
the compromise would be if they assist the newbies in this discussion thread if they have any questions, they can receive 'helper points'. so they won't participate, but they'll get something out of it, while letting people learn at their own pace

Kylo Ren

Pirate King
I still learning things and I think I belong here but what if I want to join the GOTW competition as well. can I do that?

D

Demetrius

I still learning things and I think I belong here but what if I want to join the GOTW competition as well. can I do that?
Of course! You can join any of the current contests floating around here. As long as you think you have time for them. Don't overwhelm yourself if you don't. Enjoy~

Kylo Ren

Pirate King
It looks like in NOTW, we are still the same participant that will join. They just change and call our tournament to what we really are.
a Noobs :gglife

D

Demetrius

so I kind of am finding it hard to draw, I'll have to crap a graphics-related tutorial out tonight or something.

@jayjay³² @Ultear @corsair
would tag Gin, but... he's gone :hm

To avoid experienced people fucking over inexperienced people by simply entering (this is debatable but let's not go into that), what do you guys think of being helper mods? If staff doesn't cuck me, we can make you a month-long helper mod and you can teach the basics you'd like to teach surrounding a specific medium (avatar or smudge sig). Of course, we'd have to do it in cycles so hypothetically Ultear would be up first, then Jayjay, or whoever wants to volunteer.

It'd only require you to make tutorials for the opening post and you can make it as simple as you'd like, you'd also get points and kudos for having good sportsmanship and helping the newbs improve.

NO

so I kind of am finding it hard to draw, I'll have to crap a graphics-related tutorial out tonight or something.

@jayjay³² @Ultear @corsair
would tag Gin, but... he's gone :hm

To avoid experienced people fucking over inexperienced people by simply entering (this is debatable but let's not go into that), what do you guys think of being helper mods? If staff doesn't cuck me, we can make you a month-long helper mod and you can teach the basics you'd like to teach surrounding a specific medium (avatar or smudge sig). Of course, we'd have to do it in cycles so hypothetically Ultear would be up first, then Jayjay, or whoever wants to volunteer.

It'd only require you to make tutorials for the opening post and you can make it as simple as you'd like, you'd also get points and kudos for having good sportsmanship and helping the newbs improve.
Sure, I'd be down. :handshake

Arcuya

The Misaki Town Preservation Society
I'll pass, but i wont enter in graphics related stuff and i'll pop in from time to time to offer advice.

What program am I supposed to install and where can I get it for free? :pepethink

I mean I know it's called Photoshop obviously but is there a specific one you guys use? I heard there was multiple versions of the program.

D

Demetrius

I'll pass, but i wont enter in graphics related stuff and i'll pop in from time to time to offer advice.
alright

you still have gotw if you ever want to play around with it, though!

D

Demetrius

What program am I supposed to install and where can I get it for free? :pepethink

I mean I know it's called Photoshop obviously but is there a specific one you guys use? I heard there was multiple versions of the program.
@d. va can send you ps

i use elements

D

Demetrius

is one better than the other? :psyduck:psyduck:psyduck
kinda

i mean, with elements you have more limitations with tools in comparison to cs6 and sharpening is different
but it's not the tools that matter, it's mostly how u use them

id suggest the current ps because it has more stuff than elements that just makes it easier tho

Top Bottom