• The Feature "Collapsible Sections" was now added.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

New Content More Accessible

Miles Dyson

Too gassy to be tight
Clipping big avatars and the like as optional is a good choice, but if you visit most Forums on desktop or mobile, you need to scroll down to see any new content. First the banner, then there's the announcements, any sub-forums, possibly a local Forum banner, users browsing the Forum, then often (but not always) stickied threads.

Is there anyway to make this more content focused?

Mbxx

[b]test[/b]
Administrator
Clipping big avatars and the like as optional is a good choice, but if you visit most Forums on desktop or mobile, you need to scroll down to see any new content. First the banner, then there's the announcements, any sub-forums, possibly a local Forum banner, users browsing the Forum, then often (but not always) stickied threads.

Is there anyway to make this more content focused?

That highly depends on the content Shrooms, like what people consider important to them. I am not sure there are much better solutions. People threadmark / bookmark their forums too.

Miles Dyson

Too gassy to be tight
That highly depends on the content Shrooms, like what people consider important to them. I am not sure there are much better solutions. People threadmark / bookmark their forums too.

Sure, I follow what you're saying there. I'm talking about the Forums themselves too as right now the balance seems a bit off. If you take the Alley:

I can scroll down two screens on mobile and still not into new threads. Same for the Country Club:

I would endorse reviewing each element and seeing whether it needs to be at the top of the Forum page (e.g. 'users viewing this forum', 'forum page number X of Y', 'number of stickies'). I would recommend new content being available in the first page on landing.

Miles Dyson

Too gassy to be tight
Tagging @EvilMoogle. Not sure if I understand.
Basically to encourage activity for more than a limited number of threads, the priority should be on new content.

It happens on Desktop as well as mobile. The layout of the Forum means that you get two pages of scrolling (sometimes more on mobile, less on desktop) before hitting any new content.

Look at The Lifestyle Lounge you've got the:

Header
Section Name
Forum Name
Post Thread button
Forum description
Sub-Forum Name, Threads/Messsages, Last Post/When/Who
Users who are viewing this forum, names and toal
Banner
Page Number
Forum Display and Options
Filters and Thread title Filter
Stickied Threads

Before
you see any new threads. Do all those elements need to come first?

EvilMoogle

Supporting Staff
The "users that are viewing forum" should be moved (back) to the bottom. That will take someone with skin powers to change though.

I'm not sure what more can reasonably be changed. I do generally encourage mods to limit the number of sticky threads to make them less blocking to content but that's a section-by-section thing.

Top Bottom