• Possible to see own rep. Its not perfect yet ;) The feature is temporarily disabled due to corrections that have to be made to the values. There will be no more negative reputations. Reputations are meant for positive appreciation or fair criticism. Spread love, not hate :)
  • It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.
  • We are currently testing encrypted messages. See the "Conversation by key" option within the conversations.
  • Voting for Drawing Contest 6 has started!
    drawing contest 06 vote
    Click [HERE] and [HERE] to vote
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Arts & Entertainment Netflix standing by Dave Chappelle and 'The Closer'

afg

He himself called himself sarcastically prior to each of those jokes that he was a transphobe. Now if I would take your logic and act like I don’t know what the fuck sarcasm is I would take him literally.

like in stick and stones when he said he’d fuck that boy from home alone but outrage culture then the most intelligent of us into bonafide morons.
See I find this hella dishonest. Ask Chappelle outside of the stage whether he supports Rowling and he'll likely say "yes". He wasn't supporting her sarcastically. He's known to weave sincere sentiments into his comedy specials in order to make a wider point on social issues and this was an example of that.

Huey Freeman

The Gent
See I find this hella dishonest. Ask Chappelle outside of the stage whether he supports Rowling and he'll likely say "yes". He wasn't supporting her sarcastically. He's known to weave sincere sentiments into his comedy specials in order to make a wider point on social issues and this was an example of that.
So you gonna take a hypothetical and try use that as evidence

so let’s talk about dishonesty for a second

1) You guys didn’t watch it so you’re outrage
2) you making shit up and now treating it as fact

look homie you ain’t talking to some of those right loons, make a point without sounding silly .

Huey Freeman

The Gent
You're only looking at it passive aggressive behavior. I just find your takes bad. Stop being so sensitive.
You seem hella sensitive that I am calling out your shit. Again I ask aren’t you self aware or are we just going to do the Spider-Man imposter meme all night.

if you have something say it, same reason you can’t go about abusing rep to a single poster you can’t be doing it with ratings.

afg

So you gonna take a hypothetical and try use that as evidence

so let’s talk about dishonesty for a second

1) You guys didn’t watch it so you’re outrage
2) you making shit up and now treating it as fact

look homie you ain’t talking to some of those right loons, make a point without sounding silly .
Bro I watched the special. There are tons of things Chappelle said sarcastically. It's fairly obvious what he meant and what he didn't. His support behind Rowling was obviously sincere.

If you're gonna die on the hill that Chappelle doesn't actually support Rowling and isn't a self-described terf, and it was all ironic, then I don't know what to tell you. If you can't tell the difference between his ironic and sincere bits his specials must be flying over your head.

You seem hella sensitive that I am calling out your shit. Again I ask aren’t you self aware or are we just going to do the Spider-Man imposter meme all night.

if you have something say it, same reason you can’t go about abusing rep to a single poster you can’t be doing it with ratings.
How am I sensitive by simply replying to your accusations? I'm literally only reading the posts just now and rating the ones that stand out. Not just yours and not even all of yours. Relax, I get you feel like you're going through a rollercoaster but I'm just doing my normal thing in big threads to catch up on.

Huey Freeman

The Gent
Bro I watched the special. There are tons of things Chappelle said sarcastically. It's fairly obvious what he meant and what he didn't. His support behind Rowling was obviously sincere.

If you're gonna die on the hill that Chappelle doesn't actually support Rowling and isn't a self-described terf, and it was all ironic, then I don't know what to tell you. If you can't tell the difference between his ironic and sincere bits his specials must be flying over your head.
No I ain’t gonna die on a hill assuming shit. I understand you have to take a stance cause hovering any opinion outside of what I will call the “righteous left” is a no no to some in this section.

I understand folks like you love your echo chamber and any opinion that deviates from your big brain narrative is wrong

ya’ll try every tactic in the book and all you did was prove Dave’s point that’s how I fucking know you didn’t even watch or comprehend his special.

I would respect y’all a whole lot more if y’all admit the criticism the man was trying to convey then making legit counterpoints but I have yet seen any rational post of the sort.

Huey Freeman

The Gent
How am I sensitive by simply replying to your accusations? I'm literally only reading the posts just now and rating the ones that stand out. Not just yours and not even all of yours. Relax, I get you feel like you're going through a rollercoaster but I'm just doing my normal thing in big threads to catch up on.
how I just called you out and start a conversation? I didn’t just go and blow up your notifications cause I am a man about it so I took a direct approach.

I knew from the amount you sent in the first minute that I was gonna see about 50 more. You only stopped caused I called you out right?

afg

No I ain’t gonna die on a hill assuming shit. I understand you have to take a stance cause hovering any opinion outside of what I will call the “righteous left” is a no no to some in this section.

I understand folks like you love your echo chamber and any opinion that deviates from your big brain narrative is wrong

ya’ll try every tactic in the book and all you did was prove Dave’s point that’s how I fucking know you didn’t even watch or comprehend his special.

I would respect y’all a whole lot more if y’all admit the criticism the man was trying to convey then making legit counterpoints but I have yet seen any rational post of the sort.
Nice try buddy. Don't call me out if you're gonna come this weak. You can't even tell when Chappelle is being serious in his most obvious moments of social commentary but you're over here lecturing trans people over what they have a right to be offended by.

how I just called you out and start a conversation? I didn’t just go and blow up your notifications cause I am a man about it so I took a direct approach.

I knew from the amount you sent in the first minute that I was gonna see about 50 more. You only stopped caused I called you out right?
??? Wouldn't you also be blowing up my notifications by replying and trying to have an argument? You're literally making no sense. I only rated your worst posts I've found in this thread, and you're not the only one I've rated either. Dude, take a breathe and relax. Like literally that's what i do when reading a thread in bulk. Never been a complaint in the past so obviously you're being triggered over nothing. Like...i cant realistically reply to every post that is dumb (and there's a lot), especially when I'm not done reading the rest of thread. Besides, I've watched the special and it's quite clear from your engagements with @afg and @Natty in this thread thus far that you don't have a clear understanding of trans issues and basically copy pasta typical arguments from TERFs and their defenders.

Edit: Just finished reading the entire thread. My brain right now: :ichigo

Last edited:

Huey Freeman

The Gent
Nice try buddy. Don't call me out if you're gonna come this weak. You can't even tell when Chappelle is being serious in his most obvious moments of social commentary but you're over here lecturing trans people over what they have a right to be offended by.
Speaking of weakness your comprehension skills still doing that bias dance.
I’m not lecturing what you should be offended by. I am telling you that you aren’t fucking special.
I am saying if you fucking have no issue with racial jokes that have been the norm for Decades and you laugh at those jokes then shut the fuck up when you’re the but of the joke.
Ironically the same shit you just accuse me of you guys want to tell us what jokes are offensive and what are not.

Again this ain’t superstars you’re talking to, once you swing them hands you better give me your best shot.

Huey Freeman

The Gent
??? Wouldn't you also be blowing up my notifications by replying and trying to have an argument? You're literally making no sense. I only rated your worst posts I've found in this thread, and you're not the only one I've rated either. Dude, take a breathe and relax. Like literally that's what i do when reading a thread in bulk. Never been a complaint in the past so obviously you're being triggered over nothing. Like...i cant realistically reply to every post that is dumb (and there's a lot), especially when I'm not done reading the rest of thread. Besides, I've watched the special and it's quite clear from your engagements with @afg and @Natty in this thread thus far that you don't have a clear understanding of trans issues and basically copy pasta typical arguments from TERFs and their defenders.

Edit: Just finished reading the entire thread. My brain right now: :ichigo
^ (use bro) just like you have a right to criticize me I Can do so to you. And the very first reaction you had was “YoUr TrIgGeReD!” Like fuck you and the right do agree when the situation align
This entire conversation is this

afg

Speaking of weakness your comprehension skills still doing that bias dance.
I’m not lecturing what you should be offended by. I am telling you that you aren’t fucking special.
I am saying if you fucking have no issue with racial jokes that have been the norm for Decades and you laugh at those jokes then shut the fuck up when you’re the but of the joke.
Ironically the same shit you just accuse me of you guys want to tell us what jokes are offensive and what are not.

Again this ain’t superstars you’re talking to, once you swing them hands you better not give me your best shot.
I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but if you're gonna keep responding I won't let you move the goalposts. Let's circle back to you fucking up and denying that Chappelle was sincere in his support for J.K. Rowling. This tells me you lack a very rudimentary ability to interpret the comedy special you're over here taunting others for not watching. You're either ill equipped to comment on it, or you're operating on bad faith. No inbetween.

Huey Freeman

The Gent
I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but if you're gonna keep responding I won't let you move the goalposts. Let's circle back to you fucking up and denying that Chappelle was sincere in his support for J.K. Rowling. This tells me you lack a very rudimentary ability to interpret the comedy special you're over here taunting others for not watching. You're either ill equipped to comment on it, or you're operating on bad faith. No inbetween.
Aight Sleezy,

A trans person will walk into a comedy club laugh hard for Jokes that have Black, White, Jewish, Arabic, Latino, Women as the punchline. The moment you make them the butt of the joke we must cancel the comedian. Naw ^ (use bro) welcome to equality
Tell me which Goal post I am moving.
This was one of my first opinion on the matter. I stood by it. Come one ^ (use bro) your jab limp as fuck. The power comes from your legs.

Let me show you.

My left jab: the entire special you took him for a comedian, but for this specific line you, Twitter and the rest of you outrage culture ilk didn’t take him for a comedian. That’s his pure thoughts. Why is that? Seems like Cherry season and your out there picking baskets full.

My right cross: The bit with JK Rowling you dishonest fuck, is that you didn’t even mention the build up. He started off with the very basic definition of what a feminist is. Then say by that very definition he is on. Before announcing he was TERF he did a call
Back to that. He went on to laugh at the made up word TERF, Then right after he mentions “Now…. I am not saying Trans women aren’t women!” Which brought him to his punchline that the experience of a Trans woman and a Biological woman would be vastly different. That there are tangible differences in a male and female bodies that cannot be replicated. Hence the impossible pussy joke.

My uppercut: Your entire argument style is base on assumptions of your opponent that you infer. You have a very selective and bias understanding of comedy. I been following comedy and stand up for a long while in my life time which is why I will fight tooth and nail for it to remain free from the toxic shit y’all trying to bring to it. You think Dave is bad? If Patrice O’Neal was still alive y’all would probably want him imprison for life cause he doesn’t hold back the rawness.

So don’t come here with your talking points nitpicking shit out of context

Last edited:

SakuraLover16

Sakura + Sasuke = Sarada
Glad to see the usual suspects and nonces here.

Frog vs human is not analogous, since it's easily definable. Better analogy would be, how do you differentiate a female frog, from a male frog, on the surface it's simple but digging through the weeds it's a tad more complicated, and again. Doesn't fit in terms of social categorization cause animals don't have complex social groups like people do.

This question is a waste of fucking time cause no matter what definition you propose, is unsatisfactory, and whatever anyone else proposes is unsatisfactory. There's no definition of woman that's universal, there's no definition of woman that includes all people who are "women" and excludes all that isn't "women". It's like trying to define "chair" in a short dictionary definition style blurb, cause it can't adequately include and exclude everything that is and isn't a "chair". Social categories especially get real messy and blurry as for what is or isn't.

What is a "tall person", is it someone over 6'? Is a "tall person" a "tall person" when someone over 6' doesn't think of themselves as tall? There's no objective definition that includes and excludes every single person who isn't or is tall, and it's all relative. It's impossible to really define or give a very concrete bar to meet as far as what classifies someone who is tall. The same goes for "short person" and more.

Same goes for man and woman. What is a woman? Well some people would say "vagina, cervix, ovaries", but not all women have that. Well how about the potential of those things? Well, again, not every woman even has the potential for those things, if they have a condition that fucks that up, then they never had potential for it in the first place. How about other sexual characteristics like chromosomes, or hormones or whatever? Those two excludes other women. Sometimes hormones are whack from a condition, sometimes chromosomes are. Yeah, they're maybe at most intersex, but they still have to use the labels "women" or "men" for a lot of stuff like bathrooms, change rooms and forms in many countries.

So what purpose does the previous paragraph serve socially in our day to day lives? We still use terms like "men" and "women" and use it to distinct two different populations fairly often, so does the cervix stuff serve a purpose? No, not many if any at all are having cervix inspections on the daily, or those parts we don't use to dinstinct between "man" and "woman" socially. So how do we normally distinct these populations? Presentation? Yeah, if someone presents themselves with feminine features, that could be a sign, but it's also So what's left then.. not much. So you're left with a social category that can't really be defined in hard terms that people still differentiate cause it still has it's uses. The best we can come up with is "whomever identifies and lives as a woman". The specifics of sexual characteristics or secondary sexual characteristics are up to the specific person in question, this is already how most societies function already, regardless of whether or not it's codified in law.

Which again, this is a huge waste of time, since you can't answer the question in a satisfactory way either. No matter what it's not a simple answer, and trying to come up with one that's intensely specific serves no social purpose. Even if you made a definition, what purpose does it serve? Will it realistically work? How does it serve the people who identify, and those who don't?

--

Much of transgender acceptance hinges on "will society treat me as a fellow human with respect and any degree of dignity?" and the source of dysphoria stems from these sorts of things. Trying to define trans people out of normal society or even common social labels like man or woman only serves to both disrespect, and remove dignity from said person. What, do you think that calling a trans woman, not actually a woman helps her or society in anyway? It only alienates and others, it causes harm and very tangible harm to trans people. A minority which already suffers from absurd suicide attempt rates, joblessness, homelessness, horrific mental health outcomes, loss of social support, health problems, a higher risk of domestic abuse, higher risk of physical violence (especially true for black trans women), higher risk of workplace discrimination, bullying, etc. This isn't something intrinsic in trans minorities, it's intrinsic in being a minority with a social stigma still attached. Gays have had the exact same issues for decades, and many of them got much much better after gay marriage became something you can do.

DC's special, a lot of it was talking about that we shouldn't punch down to black folk, and "cancellations" he complains about dababy, Kevin Hart, and himself have been "cancelled" and that's in part of punching down. No, telling homophobic rich men who happen to be black (and ) isn't punching down, it's answering to power. Is JKR black too, is Ricky Gervais? What's punching down and cancelling there? No, they're just transphobes who are called out for their shit. What really happened to them anyways, Dababy continues, Kevin Hart lost a deal with hosting, but his dumb face is still fucking everywhere, JKR is still a best seller, and Ricky Gervais still does specials and writing duties. Dave Chappelle still does his transphobic rant every stand up, while also saying "If this is what being canceled is like, I love it". He's fucking grifting, and he knows it.

He tells LGBT+ people to stop punching down on black people, and on the same coin, punches down on trans people especially. What point does calling yourself a TERF (or joking about it), and supporting JKR, whilst saying "Trans women are women, except they aren't" serve? It only serves to push those people further out. For people who aren't involved, yeah it's just one shlub saying a stupid thing, but for the people who are part of the group now have to be on the defense further because now DC fans or passerbys are emboldened on that position. Do people really think these positions exist in a bubble? Not like hate crimes have gone up, or anti trans bills haven't come out in the past 5 years. They don't exist in a bubble and they embolden those who believe it, and embolden those in power. DC, who holds contempt for even his own show for thrusting black stereotypes and imagery to public consciousness to the point where people parrot it in ways he doesn't like, doesn't see how the shit he's saying doesn't cause problems is super fucking out of touch.

Which hey, he conveniently frames LGBT issues as a white social issue, which couldn't be further from the truth. Much of the physical violence stats are much higher with black people.

Any comedian who's comedy special turns into a rant about his cancellation, or a minority, is a washed up one. When the audience stops laughing, and is applauding in agreeance, you're no longer doing comedy.

Oh I thought I had gone about it wrong. I'm happy to know that you knew what I was talking about.

afg

Aight Sleezy,

Tell me which Goal post I am moving.
This was one of my first opinion on the matter. I stood by it. Come one ^ (use bro) your jab limp as fuck. The power comes from your legs.

Let me show you.

My left jab: the entire special you took him for a comedian, but for this specific line you, Twitter and the rest of you outrage culture ilk didn’t take him for a comedian. That’s his pure thoughts. Why is that? Seems like Cherry season and your out there picking baskets full.

My right hook: The bit with JK Rowling you dishonest fuck, is that you didn’t even mention the build up. He started off with the very basic definition of what a feminist is. Then say by that very definition he is on. Before announcing he was TERF he did a call
Back to that. He went on to laugh at the made up word TERF, Then right after he mentions “Now…. I am not saying Trans women aren’t women!” Which brought him to his punchline that the experience of a Trans woman and a Biological woman would be vastly different. That there are tangible differences in a male and female bodies that cannot be replicated. Hence the impossible pussy joke.

My uppercut: Your entire argument style is base on assumptions of your opponent that you infer. You have a very selective and bias understanding of comedy. I been following comedy and stand up for a long while in my life time which is why I will fight tooth and nail for it to remain free from the toxic shit y’all trying to bring to it. You think Dave is bad? If Patrice O’Neal was still alive y’all would probably want him imprison for life cause he doesn’t hold back the rawness.

So don’t come here with your talking points nitpicking shit out of context
Goalpost: Dave Chappelle sincerely supported J.K. Rowling and identified as a terf.
Your miss: no he didn't.

Shifted goalpost: Dave Chappelle also said other shit in the build up to this.

The "build up" to it doesn't change the fact that he threw his support behind her. It's a red herring. You're special pleading to try to backpedal on your own dishonesty. You wouldn't be in this position if you came cleaner after fixing your keyboard to demand I argue with you.

Top Bottom