• LL
    Voting is live in The LifeStyle Lounge-Animal Photo Contest!
    The poll closes on Dec 1, 2021 at 2:06 AM UTC.
  • It is now possible to use the forum via the PWA (Progressive Web App) feature in browsers. You may get a message from your browser. It is not necessary to add this, but is a nice feature.

Nerfed Sasuke can't use Enton now...

Charisma

So which eye do you think gives Sasuke access to Blaze Style? And which eye do you think Sasuke still has?

dabi

You kinda need one eye to cast Amaterasu and other to manipulate it.
He can still use Amaterasu, which in of itself can do 90% of what Enton can do.

So which eye do you think gives Sasuke access to Blaze Style? And which eye do you think Sasuke still has?
He stabbed Sasuke's left eye:

So Sasuke still has his right eye left.

He casts Amaterasu with his right:

So he can still use that technique for sure.

Charisma

He stabbed Sasuke's left eye:

So Sasuke still has his right eye left.

He casts Amaterasu with his right:

So he can still use that technique for sure.
Actually, it's his left eye that contains Amaterasu and his right eye that contains Blaze Style.

At first, it wouldn't make sense he can use Amaterasu with his right eye, but considering Blaze Style is just Fire Style with black flames, and that Sasuke must also lose his Rinnegan, they tossed that out the window and included Amaterasu as a sub-set of Blaze Style. I'm quite sure we've seen Sasuke use Blaze Style without using Amaterasu first as well, which means there'd also be precedence, although I can't remember a specific instance.

The Great One

When was that ever stated or even implied? Not that it matters. We will obviously see Sasuke use Blaze Style again sooner or later.
Since Pt 2.

1 eye to use Amaterasu other to control it.

Just like itachi uses Ama in one eye and tsukuyomi in other.

Just like Obito had short range Kamui and Kakashi had long range.

So yeah, one eye means Sauce can't use Enton anymore.

Charisma

Since Pt 2.

I'm not sure what you mean. It's true that Itachi had Tsukuyomi in his left eye and Amaterasu in his right eye. It's also true that Obito had long-range Kamui in his left eye and short-range Kamui in his right eye. So it would follow that when Obito gave away his left eye, he could no longer use long-range Kamui and only short-range Kamui. That makes sense.

But you said it doesn't matter what eye Sasuke lost. Why do you think that? Do you think it's possible for someone to take Kakashi's (Obito's left) eye but be able to use short-range Kamui to phase?

Capa13

Since Pt 2.

Just like how only having 1 MS means Sasuke can’t use Susanoo as well right???

Subtle

While he is unable to use his left eye, he is still able to do both with his right eye, he uses his right eye (Enton) to produce black flames.

Kagutsuchi showed the ability to cast Black Flames just like Amaterasu can in the WA.

Amaterasu spawns on target/focal point.

While Kagutsuchi can be used to manipulate pre existing flames or create ones in his hand or used with Susano'o.

But it doesn't matter anyway since Burrito retconned it. Showing Sasuke casting Amaterasu with his right eye....

I guess you can head-canon it by saying...

1. Through increased Doujutsu Mastery, Sasuke gained the ability to cast either power with either eye.

2. Or the powers literally swapped eyes. Making it so he lost Kagutsuchi and not Amaterasu.

Though I prefer 1, it makes more sense and makes the retcon not quite as bad.

Isaiah13000

Eternal Youth and Immortality
Not like Sasuke ever used Kagutsuchi in Boruto anyway. They don't even have him use Amaterasu in the right eye lol.

dabi

Actually, it's his left eye that contains Amaterasu and his right eye that contains Blaze Style.

At first, it wouldn't make sense he can use Amaterasu with his right eye, but considering Blaze Style is just Fire Style with black flames, and that Sasuke must also lose his Rinnegan, they tossed that out the window and included Amaterasu as a sub-set of Blaze Style. I'm quite sure we've seen Sasuke use Blaze Style without using Amaterasu first as well, which means there'd also be precedence, although I can't remember a specific instance.
I guess it's just inconsistent then, if he's using Amaterasu from the left eye at one point and the right eye at the other.

Kagutsuchi is likely non-existent in Boruto:blobsad

As for instances of Kagutsuchi w/o Amaterasu, Sasuke used enton to infuse black flames into KCM Naruto's FRS against Juubito, and into his last Chidori at VOTE2. His left eye was closed both times so he couldn't have spawned amaterasu with it, as the ability relies on focal point.

My headcanon of why Sasuke now uses Amaterasu with his right eye is that he gained sharingan mastery to access Itachi's Amaterasu (which he cast with his right eye).

The Great One

Kagutsuchi is likely non-existent in Boruto:blobsad

As for instances of Kagutsuchi w/o Amaterasu, Sasuke used enton to infuse black flames into KCM Naruto's FRS against Juubito, and into his last Chidori at VOTE2. His left eye was closed both times so he couldn't have spawned amaterasu with it, as the ability relies on focal point.

My headcanon of why Sasuke now uses Amaterasu with his right eye is that he gained sharingan mastery to access Itachi's Amaterasu (which he cast with his right eye).

Only problem is Sasuke only uses Amaterasu from his one eye... He never used it from both(at same time) to show that he has mastered access to Amaterasu from both eyes.

Which means story has retconned his Ama casting eye to non Rinnegan one so he doesn't lost it which means it also retconned his Ama controlling one to Rinnegan one which was destroyed.

The Great One

Kagutsuchi showed the ability to cast Black Flames just like Amaterasu can in the WA.

Amaterasu spawns on target/focal point.

While Kagutsuchi can be used to manipulate pre existing flames or create ones in his hand or used with Susano'o.

But it doesn't matter anyway since Burrito retconned it. Showing Sasuke casting Amaterasu with his right eye....

I guess you can head-canon it by saying...

1. Through increased Doujutsu Mastery, Sasuke gained the ability to cast either power with either eye.

2. Or the powers literally swapped eyes. Making it so he lost Kagutsuchi and not Amaterasu.

Though I prefer 1, it makes more sense and makes the retcon not quite as bad.

Sasuke has never show using Amaterasu from both of his eyes, which means he didn't gained ability to cast both power from his eyes.

Which means 2 is more likely, Boruto retconned swapped powers.

The Great One

I don't know if the authors really understand the concept, which eye which power.
Author does tho, he just retconned it.

Sasuke's eyes swapped powers just for simple fact that he was never shown using Amaterasu from eyes to show that he didnt gained power of using Ama from his Enton controlling eye.

Ludi

ZEHAHAHA
Author does tho, he just retconned it.

Sasuke's eyes swapped powers just for simple fact that he was never shown using Amaterasu from eyes to show that he didnt gained power of using Ama from his Enton controlling eye.
I mean, I can read you claim that in the last 4 replies in this thread, but for now we can't assume he lost it in his eye he could always use it from. Again, who knows what th author wants with it at the moment. Everyone who claims they know are full on damage control / copium

The Great One

I mean, I can read you claim that in the last 4 replies in this thread, but for now we can't assume he lost it in his eye he could always use it from. Again, who knows what th author wants with it at the moment. Everyone who claims they know are full on damage control / copium
Argument of him gaining Amatersu in both eyes is definitely copium.

As he has no feat of casting Amaterasu from both of his eyes at same time to imply that.

Which means he still needs one eye to cast Amaterasu and other to control it, it is just swapped in boruto.

Azula

I don't know if the authors really understand the concept, which eye which power.
They understand, but probably felt taking away Rinnegan as well as MS power like amaterasu was too cruel.

We likely won't see Susano just like we won't see BM.

Sasuke would be left with kagutsuchi which is useless without amaterasu casting if they didn't do this.

Ludi

ZEHAHAHA
Argument of him gaining Amatersu in both eyes is definitely copium.

As he has no feat of casting Amaterasu from both of his eyes at same time to imply that.

Which means he still needs one eye to cast Amaterasu and other to control it, it is just swapped in boruto.
He has shown it in 1 eye and now in the other. We could theorise that it comes from Itachi MS who used it from the other eye, for all we know. We can't conclude het he can't use enton because he can use Amateratsu from the "non initial" eye though. That's just copium at this moment.

Ludi

ZEHAHAHA
They understand, but probably felt taking away Rinnegan as well as MS power like amaterasu was too cruel.

We likely won't see Susano just like we won't see BM.

Sasuke would be left with kagutsuchi which is useless without amaterasu casting if they didn't do this.
Why shouldn't he be able to use low versions of Susanoo? Naruto kept SM, Sasuke would need like V3/V4 to be competitive. We know a madara without eyes was able to use exactly that. So seems feasible.

They could retcon it by saying Sasuke gained it via Itachi MS when he got EMS I suppose, if they ever want to go that way. Though I guess they will never explain it.

The Great One

He has shown it in 1 eye and now in the other. We could theorise that it comes from Itachi MS who used it from the other eye, for all we know. We can't conclude het he can't use enton because he can use Amateratsu from the "non initial" eye though. That's just copium at this moment.

Which doesn't prove anything else then powers of his eyes getting swapped as he has no feat of using both of his eyes at same time to cast Amaterasu.

If he can cast Amaterasu from both of his eyes why he is still using only one eye to do it in Boruto?

Because clearly Amatersu from both eye > 1 eye.

Ludi

ZEHAHAHA
why he is still using only one eye to do it in Boruto?
Because he only has 1 eye. :breh

Because the boruto author probably planned him losing his eye for a long time and didn't want to confuse people. I suppose. Who knows. Hopefully it is ever explained. Until then I won't assume Sasuke lost power of his left eye he originally had.

Kenjaku

Brain-kun
Amaterasu probably just got retconned from being in the left eye to being in the right eye. If he had it in both eyes he'd use the Rinnegan to cast Ama as it would be superior to the one cast by EMS

Top Bottom